Betpoints: 10862

Everyone overlooking the QB change at half

This was the game changer
    Bama was dead
    Greatest call of any big game
    Don’t think any coach would have made that call
    Unreal when you think it out
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Shute 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

More of a desperation call, he didnt see it getting any better so why not change, many coaches would have made that move and do, it worked out for him so good for him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

I don’t think so
    Most coaches would have stayed the course

bonusguy
    bonusguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1445

absolutely great call. cant believe the kid didnt fumble on any of his 250 carries

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Shute, he is the greatest college coach of all time. The hoodie of cfb, guy wins no matter what. Guy just wins.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave unde0087 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

That’s a feather in his hat
    I don’t see any other coach making that call

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

you really like to get on your knees for saban don't u

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    More of a desperation call, he didnt see it getting any better so why not change, many coaches would have made that move and do, it worked out for him so good for him.
    I'm a Gator fan and fukking Jim McElwain kept throwing our shitty QB out there again and again and again, ALL FUKKING SEASON. Which is why he's sitting on his ass, shit canned at home. Fukker kept trying to force a round peg into a square hole. Saban is a genius. He saw what we all saw and was gutsy enough to make the move.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Call em like I see em
    Don’t see that happening ever
    Wow what a call

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Takes balls to make that change

jtoler

Nah Shuter, Ive seen him play in some games this year, he's good, can throw Jalen cant, they werent running well so they had to throw to win. Tua has been playing mop up duty all year long. He's played in like 6 or 7 games, now if he hadnt played one snap all year then that would be a different thing changing qbs, but Nick was desperate as he should have been, not a hard decision really, it paid off.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Ya, hey toler, look over all the national championship games and tell me how many coaches changed QBs at the half. Do you ever read what you write? Did FSU change QBs in 2013 when they had nothing going in the first half vs Auburn? I will wait on the findings of teams down at the half in a NC game that changed QBs, to a freshmen with no playing experience at that. Let me know how the data turns out. I am sure there has to be 20 maybe 30 coaches that did this.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ya, hey toler, look over all the national championship games and tell me how many coaches changed QBs at the half. Do you ever read what you write? Did FSU change QBs in 2013 when they had nothing going in the first half vs Auburn? I will wait on the findings of teams down at the half in a NC game that changed QBs, to a freshmen with no playing experience at that. Let me know how the data turns out. I am sure there has to be 20 maybe 30 coaches that did this.
    Who was the qb in 2013? Winston? Totally different, he can throw, he was the Heisman winner, big difference in a bad half or not getting it going yet than with Jalen where you have to rely on his arm to win. Wasnt going to happen with him throwing, anyone can see that. I get it though, if one thinks its the greatest move of all time thats only because youve never heard or knew Bama even had a backup, thats understandable, but they do and he's been playing all year long. Saban knows what he has on his team, it was an easy decision to make.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Easy Bama win

unde0087
    Did we win?

Who was the qb in 2013? Winston? Totally different, he can throw, he was the Heisman winner, big difference in a bad half or not getting it going yet than with Jalen where you have to rely on his arm to win. Wasnt going to happen with him throwing, anyone can see that. I get it though, if one thinks its the greatest move of all time thats only because youve never heard or knew Bama even had a backup, thats understandable, but they do and he's been playing all year long. Saban knows what he has on his team, it was an easy decision to make.
    Yep, you are right. I wasn't aware a kid that had 40 throws against teams already beaten to shit and no pressure on him, many games where most his throws were against FCS schools, was battle tested. Jesus, quit trying to down play this toler. If it backfired and the kid had 3 turnovers and Georgia won 34-3, would you still be preaching this to me right now?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

How is he a genius? This bum stunk last year and i actually heard someone say he played well against Clemson. This should have happen game one but since Sabans teams are always loaded u can get pretty far with a shit quarterback like this clown he pulled who will never sniff an nfl field.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    How is he a genius? This bum stunk last year and i actually heard someone say he played well against Clemson. This should have happen game one but since Sabans teams are always loaded u can get pretty far with a shit quarterback like this clown he pulled who will never sniff an nfl field.
    Stick to politics and bashing trump. Something you might have a clue about.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm a Gator fan and fukking Jim McElwain kept throwing our shitty QB out there again and again and again, ALL FUKKING SEASON. Which is why he's sitting on his ass, shit canned at home. Fukker kept trying to force a round peg into a square hole. Saban is a genius. He saw what we all saw and was gutsy enough to make the move.
    Exactly. Hurts was 25-2 and he sat him - Who does that? Gutsy move that paid off big!

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Does Bama win without QB change?
    No
    End of discussion

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Exactly. Hurts was 25-2 and he sat him - Who does that? Gutsy move that paid off big!
    Yeah and Trent Dilfer won a superbowl big fuking deal. Hurts blows and is always surrounded by a great defense and great offensive line and running backs. Hurts was putrid against Clemson in the finals last year. This happens when u start playing teams that are pretty good and not shitholes every game

Thor4140

Says the guy with 15 points lol

Thor4140

Says the guy with 15 points lol
    You need some of these? I have to wait till the bet cashes if ya need some.
    icket#:3721300
    Jan 08 08:10 PM
    Jan 08 07:42 PM CFB STRAIGHT BET
    [152] GEORGIA +3½-110
    2200.00 / 2000.0

Those are betpoints pending douchy lol

jtoler

Yep, you are right. I wasn't aware a kid that had 40 throws against teams already beaten to shit and no pressure on him, many games where most his throws were against FCS schools, was battle tested. Jesus, quit trying to down play this toler. If it backfired and the kid had 3 turnovers and Georgia won 34-3, would you still be preaching this to me right now?
    But youre only saying that because youve never heard of him which is understandable. From the first couple throws you could see theyd be better off with him being down 2 scores. So if a guy is a backup and has been playing all year how is it genius when you sub the backup for the starter who isnt adept at throwing to win games. Its common sense to pull him and a ton of coaches would have. Jalen had a great year stat wise against a rather weak schedule, 17 tds 1 int, thats crazy. Tua had 8 tds and 1 int, Tua had already thrown 3 tds in a game this year, it wasnt a hard decision bro, but Ill admit not every coach probably would have did it in a championship game, but its obvious Jalen cant do what Tua can with his arm. You guys act as if Saban looked into the crowd and picked somebody in street clothes and inserted them as qb, nah.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

No surprise...It was an obvious half-time decision.

As predictable as Shiite issuing invites to sissy bars
    and starting meaningless threads

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    No surprise...It was an obvious half-time decision.

As predictable as Shiite issuing invites to sissy bars
    and starting meaningless threads
    Not meaningless
    Probably the best thread if you watched game

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

They were down 13-0 at half and he knew they would need to air it out to catch up so I think it had more to do the strategy of getting the better passing quarterback on the field rather fear of things not getting any better. Saban clearly thinks Hurts is currently the better quarterback overall so I wouldn't have been surprised if they got a lead quickly if he would have put Hurts back in.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Again
    Best coaching decision I’ve ever seen

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Yeah and Trent Dilfer won a superbowl big fuking deal. Hurts blows and is always surrounded by a great defense and great offensive line and running backs. Hurts was putrid against Clemson in the finals last year. This happens when u start playing teams that are pretty good and not shitholes every game
    Guy has 40 TDs and 10 INTs and added 21 rushing TDs in two seasons. With 2 NC appearances. Did Dilfer do that?

Didn't realize the SEC was "shithole games", I was always told they were the best league in the country.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Yeah everyone is overlooking the very thing ESPN is talking about ad nauseam.

Good thing your discerning eye was able to unearth that precious little gem of a fact and bring it to light for us mere mortals who only see big football players colliding with other big football players.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 01-09-18 at 12:53 AM.

jtoler

Guy has 40 TDs and 10 INTs and added 21 rushing TDs in two seasons. With 2 NC appearances. Did Dilfer do that?

Didn't realize the SEC was "shithole games", I was always told they were the best league in the country.
    You left out that he's a game manager though, more like Tyrod Taylor, who's gonna hold the ball, not take chances throwing, not throw into tight windows, cant make those kind of throws. I noticed as Ive noticed many times that the offense played with more of a pep in their step when Tua got put in the game because they know with Jalen when theyre running routes and working hard to get open he's not gonna throw it unless their pretty much wide open, he's not gonna take any chances so they get frustrated and dont work as hard to get open which is a natural response to that type of qb.

Mac4Lyfe

But youre only saying that because youve never heard of him which is understandable. From the first couple throws you could see theyd be better off with him being down 2 scores. So if a guy is a backup and has been playing all year how is it genius when you sub the backup for the starter who isnt adept at throwing to win games. Its common sense to pull him and a ton of coaches would have. Jalen had a great year stat wise against a rather weak schedule, 17 tds 1 int, thats crazy. Tua had 8 tds and 1 int, Tua had already thrown 3 tds in a game this year, it wasnt a hard decision bro, but Ill admit not every coach probably would have did it in a championship game, but its obvious Jalen cant do what Tua can with his arm. You guys act as if Saban looked into the crowd and picked somebody in street clothes and inserted them as qb, nah.
    JToler - I got to admit, I didn't even think about subbing in Tua at half and I've seen him play this year. It never even entered my mind. For as bad as Hurst played that first half, I still thought Bama just needed to make a few adjustments and can get back in the game. 13-0 was not a big lead IMO. I did not see that sub coming which is why I have to take my hat off to Saban. I hate that that fukker wins but I respect greatness.

Did anyone in the game thread mention about subbing in Tua? I wasn't keeping up?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Actually somebody did mention subbing Tua in for Hurts before Saban actually made the move... I think it was in that $8000 on Georgia ML thread.

I'd seen Tua in garbage time against Tenn earlier this year and I thought he looked like a much more polished passer than Hurts but didn't anticipate the move on Saban's part due to inexperience.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    JToler - I got to admit, I didn't even think about subbing in Tua at half and I've seen him play this year. It never even entered my mind. For as bad as Hurst played that first half, I still thought Bama just needed to make a few adjustments and can get back in the game. 13-0 was not a big lead IMO. I did not see that sub coming which is why I have to take my hat off to Saban. I hate that that fukker wins but I respect greatness.

Did anyone in the game thread mention about subbing in Tua? I wasn't keeping up?
    Of course nobody mentioned it bro, nobody ever heard of him. But Im sure if you were around Bama fans who watch every game they were mumbling amongst themselves that Saban needs to probably put Tua in. At the half I was thinking if UGA keeps playing the same then the only way Bama stays in the game is if they forced turnovers or got a defensive score. They cant kick so they need 7's, they cant get that without throwing over the top pretty much or Jalen running or something big in the run game, they looked out of it to me. But 1st halves and 2nd halves are two different games so maybe Jalen staying in they win, but I think the percentage would have been smaller, I think thats what Saban was looking at.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Actually somebody did mention subbing Tua in for Hurts before Saban actually made the move... I think it was in that $8000 on Georgia ML thread.

I'd seen Tua in garbage time against Tenn earlier this year and I thought he looked like a much more polished passer than Hurts but didn't anticipate the move on Saban's part due to inexperience.
    Oh ok so somebody did, then theyve seen him also. Ill admit Ive seen him and I didnt mention it myself.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Nobody said it in the game thread. KRK said after halftime that if Hurts didn't move the ball that he should be sitting the pine.

But, I found this nugget from Jtoler after the sub. JToler is my man but even he didn't think Tua was the answer.

"Im on UGA now with money, smart move by Saban I think, to wake Jalen up, he'll bring Hurts back out the next time they have the ball."
    I was watching a Bama fan thread and very few people in their fan thread mentioned Tua either. That was totally unexpected which obviously threw off UGA. That's why Saban makes the big bucks.

I hate Bama because they win too damn much... I can't wait for that fukker to retire. He's killed the entire SEC. Made Urban Meyer quit too.

12 Last