Betpoints: 53

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Doubt Clemson feels that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Clemson would much rather play Ohio State.
    Seeing how they beat both last year (and embarrassed OSU) I don't think they care. It wasn't a question of who they'd rather play, rather a statement that nobody wants to play Alabama with their season on the line. Clemson's defense is equal if not better than Alabama's and doesn't have the injuries. I'd argue Clemson's offense is better. None of that means they'd win but they sure as hell ain't scurred.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I'm a Bama hater but there's no way in hell that a 2 loss OSU team should get in over a 1 loss Bama team. OSU got boat raced by OU and, wait for it, Iowa??? You don't deserve to be in any playoff losing to Iowa.

I actually hope OSU gets in because this would create the shit storm that I was hoping for. This could move us to an 8 team playoff quicker than expected. I think we all want more football, so we should all want the 5 power conferences to send their respective champion and have 3 at large teams. I'd love to see UCF get killed in a playoff. or maybe they could win it all??? I'd sure love to see the games.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Here's the way I see it playing out. Looks clear to me that OhioSt is getting in:

1 Clemson vs 4 Ohio St (in Sugar Bowl)
    2 Okla vs 3 Georgia (in Rose Bowl)

MATCHUPS for Tier2 bowls:
    COTTON: Auburn/MiaFL
    FIESTA: usc/Wisconsin
    ORANGE: Alab/PennSt

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it will Oklahoma against Alabama, and Clemson against Georgia.

The committee knows that Clemson-Alabama is best for ratings and won't want to set those 2 up in the first round.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Here's the way I see it playing out. Looks clear to me that OhioSt is getting in:

You left out PEACH and UCF will be in one of the 4 Tier2 bowls.

ChuckyTheGoat

Yes, UCF will be in Peach Bowl. I'm guessing UCF vs TCU. But TCU has very small enrollment. Peach maybe opts for Notre Dame instead.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

ucf will play wisconsin

LT Profits

Also Alab/Penn State is impossible for Orange

LT Profits

I think Alabama gets in ahead of Ohio State and this is what I have:

Sugar: 1-Clemson vs. 4-Alabama
    Rose: 2-Georgia vs. 3-Oklahoma

Cotton: Wisconsin vs. Notre Dame
    Fiesta: USC vs. Penn State
    Orange: Miami vs. Ohio State
    Peach: Auburn vs. UCF

LT Profits

IF committee chooses Ohio State:

Sugar: 1-Clemson vs. 4-Ohio State

Cotton: Auburn vs. Notre Dame
    Orange: Miami vs. Wisconsin
    Peach: Alabama vs. UCF

thomorino

I don't see why Clemson would be ahead of Oklahoma. Oklahoma has a double digit road win over Ohio State and a blowout win over TCU. Clemson lost to Syracuse and did not beat a ranked team on the road. Miami was overrated, Rozier is shit and their schedule was a joke, the win over ND isn't anywhere near as impressive now.

ChuckyTheGoat

That's what I wrote, LT. Just mentally mapping out the possibilities.

Geographically, USC totally seems to be Fiesta. Think they'd want to play vs Big10 opponent, so Wisconsin would be ok.

I figure that Orange Bowl doesn't want to keep Canes at home. If Cotton has a ton of $$, maybe they want Alab/Canes matchup (although Canes looked like dog-shit L2 games).

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    IF committee chooses Ohio State:

Sugar: 1-Clemson vs. 4-Ohio State

Cotton: Auburn vs. Notre Dame
    Orange: Miami vs. Wisconsin
    Peach: Alabama vs. UCF
    Not saying it matters...but PennSt vs USC would be rematch of last year's bowl.

LT Profits

That's what I wrote, LT. Just mentally mapping out the possibilities.

Geographically, USC totally seems to be Fiesta. Think they'd want to play vs Big10 opponent, so Wisconsin would be ok.

I figure that Orange Bowl doesn't want to keep Canes at home. If Cotton has a ton of $$, maybe they want Alab/Canes matchup (although Canes looked like dog-shit L2 games).
    Orange MUST have ACC team

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I don't see why Clemson would be ahead of Oklahoma. Oklahoma has a double digit road win over Ohio State and a blowout win over TCU. Clemson lost to Syracuse and did not beat a ranked team on the road. Miami was overrated, Rozier is shit and their schedule was a joke, the win over ND isn't anywhere near as impressive now.
    ACC > Big 12 and Clemson had more Top 25 wins. Not to mention That they were #1 before today and did nothing to deserve downgrade.

ChuckyTheGoat

Orange MUST have ACC team
    OK, my bad. Doesn't help the tourism $$.

thomorino

ACC > Big 12 and Clemson had more Top 25 wins. Not to mention That they were #1 before today and did nothing to deserve downgrade.
    I would not say the ACC was better than the big 12, the ACC had 3 teams, NC State, Clemson, and Miami, the rest was garbage. Clemson's wins over top 25 teams were at home and by smaller margins, Auburn wasn't that good of a team when they played them either.

LT Profits

Normally the Orange, Rose and Sugar all have conference tie-ins, but with the latter two serving as national semifinals this year, Orange is the only remaining New Year's Six bowl with tie-ins. Must be ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/Notre Dame.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 12-03-17 at 12:00 AM. Reason: meant Big Ten, not Big 12

LT Profits

I would not say the ACC was better than the big 12, the ACC had 3 teams, NC State, Clemson, and Miami, the rest was garbage. Clemson's wins over top 25 teams were at home and by smaller margins, Auburn wasn't that good of a team when they played them either.
    Come on. it is not even close. ACC and SEC are 1 and 1A, then HUGE drop to Big 12 and Big 10, then Pac-12 is garbage and easily worst Power 5.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Nobody gives a fukk about your long-winded rants

Clemson 1, OU/UGA 2/3

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Get your facts straight. Clemson beat 4 ranked teams on the road. Total of 6 wins against ranked teams. The loss to Syracuse was on the road with Bryant injured and out; still a loss. Oklahoma has 2 road wins over ranked teams and 4 total, with 2 of those against TCU. They loss @ home (Iowa St). While their offense is top notch, their defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. The ACC is better than the Big 12. That's why they're (rightfully) ahead of Oklahoma.
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 12-03-17 at 12:08 AM.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Nobody gives a fukk about your long-winded rants

Clemson 1, OU/UGA 2/3
    Lol, aren't you still arguing Okafor is better than Carmello - get lost.

The Kraken

Lol, aren't you still arguing Okafor is better than Carmello - get lost.
    I'm not arguing anything, I'm stating facts. Your best piece of support for your "argument" is that you live in Philly

Bye

thomorino

Come on. it is not even close. ACC and SEC are 1 and 1A, then HUGE drop to Big 12 and Big 10, then Pac-12 is garbage and easily worst Power 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post

Clemson beat 4 ranked teams on the road. Total of 6 wins against ranked teams. The loss to Syracuse was on the road with Bryant injured and out; still a loss. Oklahoma has 2 road wins over ranked teams and 4 total, with 2 of those against TCU. They loss @ home (Iowa St). While their offense is top notch, their defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. The ACC is better than the Big 12. That's why they're (rightfully) ahead of Oklahoma.
    The ACC was an absolute and total joke after Clemson, Miami, and NC State. Clemson's road wins over ranked teams were against teams that are mostly not ranked anymore. Oklahoma's double digit road win over Ohio State is much better than any win Clemson has.

Clemson beat 1 legit top 10 team - Auburn, when they weren't very good. Miami played no one, Rozier sucks, they aren't a top 10 team.

Big 12 had Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, comprable to Clemson an overrated Miami team, and NC State.

Oklahoma's defense improved as the year went on and they looked worse than they are because big 12 offenses were far superior to offenses anywhere else in the country, they shutdown Ohio State.

thomorino

I'm not arguing anything, I'm stating facts. Your best piece of support for your "argument" is that you live in Philly

Bye
    Lmao, my argument is that I've watched nearly every single one of Okafor's games since he's come into the NBA and he's dog shit. He can't shoot, can defend, and isn't a great post-up player either. Lol, he's the 4th best frontline player on his own team.

Guess who agrees with me - the 76ers and the rest of the NBA. Which is why he doesn't play even when Embiid is out and no one wants to trade for him.

LMFAO

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

The ACC was an absolute and total joke after Clemson, Miami, and NC State. Clemson's road wins over ranked teams were against teams that are mostly not ranked anymore. Oklahoma's double digit road win over Ohio State is much better than any win Clemson has.

Clemson beat 1 legit top 10 team - Auburn, when they weren't very good. Miami played no one, Rozier sucks, they aren't a top 10 team.

Big 12 had Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, comprable to Clemson an overrated Miami team, and NC State.

Oklahoma's defense improved as the year went on and they looked worse than they are because big 12 offenses were far superior to offenses anywhere else in the country, they shutdown Ohio State.
    You can spin it any way you want, doesn't change the facts. What I posted is correct. Doesn't matter when Clemson played Auburn, it all counts. Clemson has a better resume, plays in a higher rated conference, has played in consecutive national championship games, and is the fukn' defending champ. That holds more water than Oklahoma beating a 2 loss team who are 50/50 to make the playoff. The same team who was gifted a spot last year and was ass-raped 31-0 by you know who.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Stop embarrassing yourself. First off, Clemson beat FOUR ranked teams on the road (Louisville, Va. Tech, NC State,South Carolina), and 3 of those wins were beatdowns. Secondly, Clemson lost on the road in a short week on a Friday night in a dome full of drunks without their starting QB facing a quirky offense, whereas OU lost at home to Iowa State with their starting QB. Let's not forget either that OU needed the 4rth quarter to beat the likes of Kansas St, Ok State, Texas, and even Baylor in tight games. Other then the Citadel and Kent State, Clemson beat quality opponents every week, including Auburn. There are no Kansas's or Baylor's in the ACC. Doesn't matter much to me anyway, I think rankings are very subjective and way overused, and since they'll both get a chance to prove who's the best in CFB on the field, it's a pretty moot point.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Oklahoma State? I could grab 11 former high school players off of bar stools and they would score 24 points against Oklahoma State.

You'll have 9 or 10 ACC teams and 7 or 8 Big 12 teams in bowl games this year. Chances are with that dynamic, there will be 3 or even 4 ACC vs Big 12 Bowl game match ups this year. While it won't actually prove anything, it's the best we can do to compare the two conferences top and middles. And we already know Big 12 bottom feeders Kansas and Baylor would get beat up by ANY ACC team this year.

The Kraken

Guys, take my advice

STAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CIRCLE

You guys are losing balance and losing sight of the bigger picture. Morino is a schmuck, don't let him alter your circle. We're here to make money and that's it, not have opinions about every fukking team, conference, game and politician. Just win.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post

Stop embarrassing yourself. First off, Clemson beat FOUR ranked teams on the road (Louisville, Va. Tech, NC State,South Carolina), and 3 of those wins were beatdowns. Secondly, Clemson lost on the road in a short week on a Friday night in a dome full of drunks without their starting QB facing a quirky offense, whereas OU lost at home to Iowa State with their starting QB. Let's not forget either that OU needed the 4rth quarter to beat the likes of Kansas St, Ok State, Texas, and even Baylor in tight games. Other then the Citadel and Kent State, Clemson beat quality opponents every week, including Auburn. There are no Kansas's or Baylor's in the ACC. Doesn't matter much to me anyway, I think rankings are very subjective and way overused, and since they'll both get a chance to prove who's the best in CFB on the field, it's a pretty moot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post

Oklahoma State? I could grab 11 former high school players off of bar stools and they would score 24 points against Oklahoma State.

You'll have 9 or 10 ACC teams and 7 or 8 Big 12 teams in bowl games this year. Chances are with that dynamic, there will be 3 or even 4 ACC vs Big 12 Bowl game match ups this year. While it won't actually prove anything, it's the best we can do to compare the two conferences top and middles. And we already know Big 12 bottom feeders Kansas and Baylor would get beat up by ANY ACC team this year.
    The middle of the big 12 was just as good as the middle of the ACC and the top is close to. Your argument that Clemson's resume is much better than Oklahoma's is laughable. Louisville is not a ranked team and their defense was trash. Virginia Tech's quarterback, josh jones, was garbage in half the teams games. South Carolina was nothing special, and probably shouldn't have been ranked either. Clemson's win at home against an Auburn team that was not a good team at the beginning of the year doesn't stand out either. Rozier sucks too, Miami was nothing special.

Oklahoma beat TCU twice, a top 15 team, and beat a top 10 team on the road, those 3 wins are better than any win Clemson has other than arguably the blowout of Miami.

thomorino

Guys, take my advice

STAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CIRCLE

You guys are losing balance and losing sight of the bigger picture. Morino is a schmuck, don't let him alter your circle. We're here to make money and that's it, not have opinions about every fukking team, conference, game and politician. Just win.
    Lol, I owned your loser ass on the debate with Okafor and so you call me names. Let's compare records since you're all about winning - I'm at 60% in the NFL.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

My money would be on Clemson a lot over Choklahoma. Every year OU comes in overrated as fukk and they shit the bed in anything meaningful. That offense gets shut down against quality defenses and their defense can't stop traffic during a traffic jam.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    My money would be on Clemson a lot over Choklahoma. Every year OU comes in overrated as fukk and they shit the bed in anything meaningful. That offense gets shut down against quality defenses and their defense can't stop traffic during a traffic jam.
    My first bet would be over. I don't think Clemson can stop Mayfield and they have enough of a running game that Clemson can't cheat. Plus, Mayfield can run. But, their defense is their real weakness. They're fast and athletic but they're young, inexperienced and have given up tons of points this year.

Second, I think Clemson would be slightly favored so I would take the OU moneyline as a homer bet

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think Alabama gets in ahead of Ohio State and this is what I have:

Sugar: 1-Clemson vs. 4-Alabama
    I can live with this. I think this is very fair.

I can't live with any other BS outcome. I think earlier in the evening the media was trying to pump up ratings with BS.

First 1234 Last