yoderlw
    yoderlw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6722

OSU is in if they win

No possible way the third best SEC team gets in over the Big Ten champ. I don’t care what you think of the conferences and OSU’s loss to Iowa, you don’t leave out a conference champ of the second best conference.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

I don't see it. I see Alabama getting in.

Are the books going to put odds on the 4th team in?

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Yeah because Clemson/Ohio State was such an exciting playoff game last year

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Ohio State always get the benefit of the doubt.

Last year Penn State beat them, won their division, and won their league...Ohio State still got in and got embarassed 31-0.

This year, Ohio State got dominated by OU but beat up on a bunch of sub .500 teams and somehow they were ranked like 5-6 spots ahead of OU....

Now Ohio State has two losses and will get in because they "won their conference" even though last year winning the conference didn't mean jack shit.

Basically what I'm saying is that Ohio State will get in undeservingly and get smashed by Clemson. Bama doesn't deserve the 4th spot either.

Bama's best wins are by 7 points to an 8-4 fringe top 25 team (miss. state) and 14 points at home to a team that lost to Troy. GTFO with that.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by yoderlw View Post
    No possible way the third best SEC team gets in over the Big Ten champ. I don’t care what you think of the conferences and OSU’s loss to Iowa, you don’t leave out a conference champ of the second best conference.
    You mean like they did last year? If you think the Big 10 is the second best conference in CFB (when they're obviously not better then the SEC, ACC or even the Pac 12),then you're not a very good evaluator of ability. Having said that, you might be right about them getting in, as the "committee" has such a hard on for Ohio St. and Urban Myer, that they probably will get pushed up to #4, even though Alabama is a better team that would be favored vs. them .

I won't shed a tear about it, since now they'll make Clemson a slightly undervalued 3 point favorite vs. Ohio St. and I can make some more money betting against the Buckeyes (like I did last year) when Clemson completely smacks them around again, just like they did last year.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    You mean like they did last year? If you think the Big 10 is the second best conference in CFB (when they're obviously not better then the SEC, ACC or even the Pac 12),then you're not a very good evaluator of ability. Having said that, you might be right about them getting in, as the "committee" has such a hard on for Ohio St. and Urban Myer, that they probably will get pushed up to #4, even though Alabama is a better team that would be favored vs. them .

I won't shed a tear about it, since now they'll make Clemson a slightly undervalued 3 point favorite vs. Ohio St. and I can make some more money betting against the Buckeyes (like I did last year) when Clemson completely smacks them around again, just like they did last year.
    This is the smartest thing I've seen posted all day. You just completely told the future. If Ohio State had trouble scoring on OU, they're sure as hell not going to score on Clemson....Hell, they DIDN'T score on Clemson last year.

OU has a bad defense that is constantly bailed out by their awesome offense. Barrett had receivers open down field against OU but he should couldn't make the throws. The dude isn't accurate at all past 15 yards.

The line will open way lower than it should and people will be tricked into thinking Ohio State is the play and Clemson will rout them again.

yoderlw

I’m a huge OSU fan and I was praying before the season that Barrett wouldn’t start at QB. He is the stereotypical running QB that has great success against decent and bad defenses because his team is loaded with talent and then he shows his true colors against good defenses. But, OSU is a better team all the way around this year. If JT can compete just a couple downfield throws, OSU has a good chance to win.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

no way ohio st deserves to get in

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7277

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    no way ohio st deserves to get in
    They deserve in over Bama. Bama best win - #17 Lsu. Pitiful.Played Mercer non FCS team. Horrible resume. Not a conference champ.
    If you look at the resumes USC is better than both OSU/Bama.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    They deserve in over Bama. Bama best win - #17 Lsu. Pitiful.Played Mercer non FCS team. Horrible resume. Not a conference champ.
    ohio st was blown out twice

better luck next year

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Everybody plays out of conference cupcakes, that Mercer game is to prepare for Auburn, theyd rather do that than having a bye before their rival.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

If Ohio State gets in, then you might as well throw out the whole "The Best Four teams get in" because there's no way in hell a 2-loss Ohio State team (who got beat up by Iowa) is better than a 1-loss Alabama. Hell, give me Auburn any day of the week over Ohio State. The Buckeyes are not that good, as evidenced by their blowout losses to Oklahoma at home and at Iowa.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

Bama in. Just announced.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

55 points to Iowa! That mattered. Saban can usually go a month without giving up 55. The B10 wasn't good this year. Ohio State squeaked by Penn State at home by 1 point. Michigan State was down 9-3 to Indiana with 6 min left in the game. The SEC was down too, but they lost 1 game on the road and they led in the 2nd half. Plus their LBs were all hurt and should be back. I think Bama beats Ohio State with a month to get ready. JT Barrett would turn the ball over atleast twice. I think they made the right decision and I don't like either team.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I told everyone in here that if Clemson won, Ohio State was finished as far as the playoffs were concerned. Apparently, no matter how dramatic ESPN wants to make it out, Alabama was well ahead of Ohio State as far as the committee was concerned. When will you people learn?

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Bama in. Just announced.
    they deserved to get in despite the weak schedule.

DoughBoy
    WooHoo!!!
    DoughBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Dont lose by 31 to Iowa and you're in.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

ohio state fans thought they were in

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I think OSU destroys USC in the Cotton Bowl.

yoderlw

I really thought OSU was in but it didn’t have as much to do with them being good enough as it had to do with me assuming the committee would never put the 3rd beat team from one conference over the best team in another power 5 conference. And even more importantly, they left out 2/3 of the country with 3 teams from one tiny area of the country. I’d be surprised if ratings aren’t down. That being said, I give the committee credit for ignoring all of that and picking the 4 teams they thought were best.

ChrisPicks
    ChrisPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

I think the ncaa not taking ohio st even when they won indicates how the conf championship games are mostly for the money. They could make just as much money and have it be about who the best teams are if they just extended the 4 team playoffs to 16, or to at least 8 teams.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I think OSU destroys USC in the Cotton Bowl.
    agree with that

USC is nothing special, sorry phillyguy

A4K

agree with that

USC is nothing special, sorry phillyguy
    I just have USC on a slightly lower tier this year than Ohio State. Not a fan of either school but Ohio State seems more impressive.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I just have USC on a slightly lower tier this year than Ohio State. Not a fan of either school but Ohio State seems more impressive.

any fear of OSU not being motivated after not making the playoff?

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPicks View Post
    I think the ncaa not taking ohio st even when they won indicates how the conf championship games are mostly for the money. They could make just as much money and have it be about who the best teams are if they just extended the 4 team playoffs to 16, or to at least 8 teams.
    The conference championships mean a lot, but it's not everything, nor should it be. Ohio State won the Big 10. Good for them. But they lost two games this year, one being a blowout to an unranked team. They do not deserve to be in the playoff given the fact they got blown out already by one playoff team and got their butt whooped by an average team. They should have also lost to Penn State if the Nittany Lions didn't royally mess up that 4th quarter.

A4K

any fear of OSU not being motivated after not making the playoff?
    Actually, I think the opposite. I have a feeling Meyer's will want to make a statement. Should be a good game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It really can work both ways. The big question is how much Ohio State really wants this game. They do have superior line play and they should be able to control the game, but there is no doubt that USC has the superior QB and superior runners and WR's. If USC's lines (both offensive and defensive) do not totally collapse, they may have a shot.

blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    It really can work both ways. The big question is how much Ohio State really wants this game. They do have superior line play and they should be able to control the game, but there is no doubt that USC has the superior QB and superior runners and WR's. If USC's lines (both offensive and defensive) do not totally collapse, they may have a shot.
    I wouldn't say superior runners...but definitely QB. This should be a real good game. I expect a lot of scoring.