BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Did OU Knocks Ohio State Out of the Playoffs?

No matter what they do later on, Ohio State may have been elimiated by Oklahoma's win against TCU. Would the Committee shun a 1 loss Alabama and pick a two loss Ohio State over them? Alabama was ranked 5 last week, while two loss Ohio State checked in at 8. If Auburn wins, there is no way the committee will take two 2 loss teams, so Ohio State had better be pulling for a one loss Georgia and a 1 loss Clemson.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Iowa put up 55 on Ohio State and won by 31. Case closed. Next? I don't know how they're even in the picture at all? Clemson, Oklahoma, Aub/Ga winner, and then Bama or Wisconsin. The only other possibility in my mind would be if Miami somehow squeaked by Clemson and Auburn won....which would give Clemson additional status for beating them. In that case (which won't happen) I would take Miami and Clemson if Wisconsin lost

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7289

If OSU beats Wisky they have 3 top 15 wins. Bama has ZERO.
    Bama has a horrible resume plus played a non FCS team- Mercer.
    Bama is not conference champ. If Auburn loses that hurts Bama's SOS which is already pathetic.

It comes down to 3 better wins and 1 bad loss (Iowa) vs no good wins and a loss to 3 loss Auburn team. Toss up.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    If OSU beats Wisky they have 3 top 15 wins. Bama has ZERO.
    Bama has a horrible resume plus played a non FCS team- Mercer.
    Bama is not conference champ. If Auburn loses that hurts Bama's SOS which is already pathetic.

It comes down to 3 better wins and 1 bad loss (Iowa) vs no good wins and a loss to 3 loss Auburn team. Toss up.

I'm completely sick of Alabama, but your info is wrong. Ohio State beat #12 Mich St and #9 Penn State at home.....barely squeaking by Penn State in a game they stole. Michigan was only 24th or something? Bama beat Fla State when they were 3rd. Beat #19 LSU by 14 and beat #16 Miss State on the road. They also crushed bowl teams like Ole Miss 66-3 and Col State 41-23. Bama doesn't give up 55 points in a month usually....that Buckeye loss to Iowa should disqualify them

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7289

Beating a 6 loss FSU does not qualify for anything.
    Losing to Iowa will knock them out but Alabama has played like crap against Auburn and should have lost to Miss St if they refs didnt screw MSU.
    Hope Clemson loses then Bama is out.
    Screw the SEC fools that think they are great