jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

What would you have opened it at?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

I was thinking it would open around 6. Never said the line is wrong, lol, that was be blasphemy. Was just stunned is all. BOL

jmbrandt87
    jmbrandt87's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like stanford a lot, for what it's worth i've already locked it in a +4

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I was thinking it would open around 6. Never said the line is wrong, lol, that was be blasphemy. Was just stunned is all. BOL
    6 would have been too high on a neutral field, Stanford has grown in many people's eyes beating Wash and Dame of late while USC has had a much weaker schedule the last 4 games, because of that Stanford is rated slightly higher than USC now. Therefore if you go by ratings USC shouldnt even be favored, but they are trying to sell here based on the fact that USC has already beaten Stanford handily prob, amongst other small things.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-28-17 at 02:57 PM.

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Lines are not expected outcomes (otherwise they would never change,) they are just bait to get the public equal on both sides of the fence. A game like this is more like 50/50 SU anyway you look at it. My guess whoever wins this game the final score won't be within the four points anyway. Your USC pick is worth no more than your Stanford pick and vice versa.

I just did a coin toss and it said take Stanford. My coin toss is worth just as much as anybody in here's opinion.

bonusguy
    bonusguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1445

not taking the ND win into consideration as they quit after getting shitkicked by miami

USC -3 i love it

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2690

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Getting back to the thread, do any one of you fools want to try and make an argument for why this line is not a good line? Remember, your status does not mean s**t to the line makers in Vegas. Your opinion is worthless. If you think you are to good, put your money (you know, the stuff you do not have any of) where your mouth is. I want to see a legitimate reason why you think this line is wrong, either way. Ithink the line is a good one. Prove me wrong BEFORE the game starts, not after it starts arseholes.
    this was my post #10 in this thread...feel free to agree or disagree with me...IMO, the Trojans are easy money...football is a game about how well teams match up with one another...simply put, Stanford doesn't match up very well with USC...the disparity in overall team speed was the first thing I noticed during their first meeting earlier in the season...USC was simply bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than the Cardinal...especially in the trenches where they dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage...that will be the difference again in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    like the first time they met when we WAS healthy and still got their asses handed to them 42 - 24?!.......yes, Love had a good game (17 carries for 160 yds) but most of those yards came on two explosive plays including a 75 yd TD run..the Trojans defense had him pretty much contained the rest of the night...but the real mismatch here is how USC dominated both lines of scrimmage...and also USC racked up over 623 yards of total offense with a well balanced attack via both the run and pass...Stanford had no answer for them...fishy line or not, I'm taking USC (-3) and let the chips fall where they may...
    Last edited by Da Manster!; 11-28-17 at 04:52 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well all you’re doing is flipping a coin with every point spread

Many many outcomes come down to pure luck as far as pointspreads when you’re trying to handicap

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    In the eyes of draft analysts apparently when you put on a USC uniform as a qb you automatically become elevated to a mythical status. I see this all the time with USC qbs, they can have a 1 or 2 good games then analysts start talking about how great they are. Darnold was talked about a lot after 1 or 2 decent/good games, they were already talking high draft pick. Mark Sanchez played 1 full season and even left school early and was picked 5th overall, Matt Cassel never started and threw 33 total college passes and was drafted. Something about that being a qb at that school.
    very interesting...... can add matt leinart, matt barkley and recent QB from bakersfield whose name escapes me (cody kessler i think) to that list.. on another level, max browne and mitch mustain although both these cases are different from all the others.... i do think a team should take a chance and give barkley a long look

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

well, the line is up to USC (-4) right now at most shops...someone or somebody (sharps, squares, public, etc.) pounded the hell out of the Trojans (-3)...
    Yeah, it will move to -5 soon as I'm taking Stanford +4... LOL. Btw Pac 12 North won all 6 Pac 12 championship games and it's almost a home game as Levi's Stadium is closer to Palo Alto then to 49ers in SF.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why does everyone say they aren't playing for anything?

It's called a Pac-12 Championship. May not mean anything to you... but the players want to win it.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

At this time of the year always back the hottest teams Stanford Oklahoma and Auburn for me

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Yeah, it will move to -5 soon as I'm taking Stanford +4... LOL. Btw Pac 12 North won all 6 Pac 12 championship games and it's almost a home game as Levi's Stadium is closer to Palo Alto then to 49ers in SF.
    I'd be willing to bet there will be just as many Trojan fans as there will be Cardinal fans at the stadium...perhaps even more...I'm guessing slight advantage to USC about a 60/40 split only because their fans travel very well and location is not an issue.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

I'd be willing to bet there will be just as many Trojan fans as there will be Cardinal fans at the stadium...perhaps even more...I'm guessing slight advantage to USC about a 60/40 split only because their fans travel very well and location is not an issue.
    Yup, easily

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    At this time of the year always back the hottest teams Stanford Oklahoma and Auburn for me
    Stanford has won three in a row...USC has won four in a row...so tell me again, who's hotter?...and the Cardinal were extremely fortunate they caught the Irish after an emotional ass kicking against Miami...it's like they quit and were demoralized....so typical of Brian Kelly coached teams.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Bryce love is great but he has been playing though injury for 2 months and is not the same guy.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Stanford been playing well.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It would be nice to get Stanford +4.5 I wouldn't buy the hook... was hoping public would be on USC to move it there. Probably to good to be true.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11898

Jump on Stanford. They have been getting better every game and USC QB getting worse. Stanford by 10 and thank me later. USC IS PLAYING FOR NUTTIN

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

big game for Darnold. needs to impress NFL gm's

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Jump on Stanford. They have been getting better every game and USC QB getting worse. Stanford by 10 and thank me later. USC IS PLAYING FOR NUTTIN
    I'll help you out, placing 10 units on the solid lock for Stanford.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

looked up a bunch of power rating based predictions and they all had this as toss-up game...... power rating based on recent games has it as tossup too.

fyi, power ratings do see value in TT and Wisconsin. miami too.

First 12