chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

tenn backs out on schiano

Seems being at penn st during the pedo years cost him the job. 100 people gathered on campus. Will they owe him if there was a buy out?
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...ano-head-coach

chico2663

Eddie Smith@RepEddieSmith

Our Tennessee standards mean something, and a Greg Schiano hire would be anathema to all that our University and our community stand for. I sincerely hope that these rumors are not true, because even serious consideration would be unacceptable.

Our Tennessee standards mean something, and a Greg Schiano hire would be anathema to all that our University and our community stand for. I sincerely hope that these rumors are not true, because even serious consideration would be unacceptable.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

unreal

Tenn a punk state anyway

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The fans, alum, politicians, and students went ballistic when they found out about the potential hiring. It was a stupid hire to begin with. Schiano was never a good Head Coach to begin with. His success at Rutgers was when Rutgers was still in the very weak Big East Conference, now the AAC. What really shows how screwed up Tennessee has become is the movement to get Lane Kiffin back as their HC. Even CBS Sports writer Dennis Dodd is saying that Tennessee must hire Kiffin. Now we all know just how stupid CBS Writers are when it comes to college football, but for their lead man to call for the hiring of Lane Kiffin just shows you how desperate Tennessee's situation must be.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Sad state of affairs all due to the blatant misuse of social media by uninformed nincompoops.

By all accounts, dude seems to be a stand up guy. Now tainted forever.

Tenn. deserves to be doomed to failure.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

Yup. Total disaster of a program.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will go somewhere else tremendous coach

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Sad state of affairs all due to the blatant misuse of social media by uninformed nincompoops.

He saw a kid getting fukked at penn st and didn’t say anything

So yeah, not a stand up dude

Clay Travis owned this rebellion

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19224

I didn't like Schiano because he was dirty.
    Taught his players to take cheap shots and play dirty.
    Doesn't play football the right way.
    Overrated!!!!

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

you apparently have zero knowledge of his time as HC @ Tampa Bay.
    and you call other people "uninformed nincompoops" in your post?
    wow...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    JJ. Are you finally brain dead? This guy is nowhere close to being a tremendous coach, when it comes to head coaches. The next thing you will be telling me is that Jim Harbaugh is an excellent head coach, like many of the fools in here think. All Harbaugh has done in his three years at Michigan is go 0-3 vs Ohio State, 1-2 against Michigan State, 0-4 against Ohio State and Michigan State at home, 0-6 as an underdog, and 1-7 against teams ranked in the top 10. But that, according to some of the absolute morons who post in here, is the sign of a great Head Coach.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    you apparently have zero knowledge of his time as HC @ Tampa Bay.
    and you call other people "uninformed nincompoops" in your post?
    wow...
    UR right. Please inform me what he did that deserved to be vilified all over net and protested against by college students.
    The whole allegations from Penn St. seems to have been made by 1 guy to another guy with no actual proof.

I am listening and reading reports from people I trust and respect all morning. Even from some I don`t like all basically stating he is getting shafted.BUT, a few guys on SBR know better ?

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post

UT taking the moral high road lmao. They just paid $2.8 million to rape victims last year. There God Peyton has been accused of harassment. Mad because they can't get Gruden.

Complete dumpster fire

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

It's SBR. What do you expect?
    Points Awarded:

DOM-Ganador gave BigdaddyQH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

70'sMan
    70'sMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

LOL OK UT took the moral high ground. Wonder how the fan base would react to hiring Bobby Petrino away from Louisville. Somehow I am thinking they would be OK with that one.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Should hire Peyton Manning as HC.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Regardless of reason or the validity think it saved vols from a crappy hire.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Sounds like Tenn. cowarded out because of student pressure lol. You shouldnt let that get in the way, so you mean to tell me they were about to hire him and didnt know those things, didnt do thorough enough research on him if true? Tenn. brass made themselves look bad here.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What good has ever come out of Jersey?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by 70'sMan View Post
    LOL OK UT took the moral high ground. Wonder how the fan base would react to hiring Bobby Petrino away from Louisville. Somehow I am thinking they would be OK with that one.
    Ding Ding Ding!!

No problem bringing in Petrino, he just cheated on his wife.

Tennessee still thinks it can bring in premier coaching talent. People don't want that job nearly as bad as the fans think they do.

- Why would Petrino leave Louisville after they brought him back (and that school has a shit ton of money). And I'm not buying the whole AD/shoegate thing either as a reason to leave. He gets to win 8-9 games a year, and everyone there is super happy about it.

- Taggart is the latest and probably the funniest. Somebody explain to me why UT is a better job than Oregon. And say it with a straight face.

- Gruden just made 3 million on a Corona commercial. And he gets to call MNF. Guy has life by the balls right now. Why would he go to a school with unrealistic expectations and a notoriously retarded fan base? That's like being retired and having your dick sucked on a beach everyday, but going back to running a trucking company because it's "where it all began" or you "love the challenge". FOH

Tennessee, you're getting Jeff Fisher. Just because.

chico2663

ralphie tenn is delusional that they can go back to those days. I as a texas fan am starting to think that the better days are behind us. Sad to say. We can't get a qb. Damn auburns qb went to school in texas.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

ralphie tenn is delusional that they can go back to those days. I as a texas fan am starting to think that the better days are behind us. Sad to say. We can't get a qb. Damn auburns qb went to school in texas.
    Don't you think Texas is in good hands with current regime? Give him little time and I'd think they will once again have a stronghold on their state.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    bobbo waves,james braddock heavy weight champ,greg olsen,rick barry,sean casey,catfish hunter,john travolta,meryl streep,gandolphi ,bruce willis,sinatra,valli,whitney houston,bon jovi,bruce springstein and the great paul simon. Some of the greats come from new jersey

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i'd go further and ask what days it is they want to get back to. they had a very good team with peyton manning but couldn't beat florida. then tee martin/jamal lewis got them a national title and i think that's basically it... i think you'd have to go back a long long way for tennessee to be a top team in another era... how many nfl players are from tennessee? probably more than i think

jtoler

bobbo waves,james braddock heavy weight champ,greg olsen,rick barry,sean casey,catfish hunter,john travolta,meryl streep,gandolphi ,bruce willis,sinatra,valli,whitney houston,bon jovi,bruce springstein and the great paul simon. Some of the greats come from new jersey
    Was just taking a dig at Jersey Shore JJ, wait waves in there haha.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i'd go further and ask what days it is they want to get back to. they had a very good team with peyton manning but couldn't beat florida. then tee martin/jamal lewis got them a national title and i think that's basically it... i think you'd have to go back a long long way for tennessee to be a top team in another era... how many nfl players are from tennessee? probably more than i think
    One title is all it takes for a group of fans think it's their right to compete for one very year.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    One title is all it takes for a group of fans think it's their right to compete for one very year.
    rutgers is still like this 20 years after they cracked the top 5 with ray stfu bitch rice

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    everything if you've ever been there and not a total fukkin loser that gets their hot takes and all knowledge from the internet

a fuckin bush in my jersey hood is worth more than you will ever be

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

- Gruden just made 3 million on a Corona commercial. And he gets to call MNF. Guy has life by the balls right now. Why would he go to a school with unrealistic expectations and a notoriously retarded fan base? That's like being retired and having your dick sucked on a beach everyday, but going back to running a trucking company because it's "where it all began" or you "love the challenge". FOH
    If you want a prime example of this. Look at Phil Jackson; living the good life in retirement, has more rings than fingers, but comes out of retirement to manage the Knicks and look what he got out of it. Nothing but headache and criticism.

Although to be fair, I'm sure a lot of people would have a hard time turning down $12million/year (which is probably what TN would have to offer Gruden for him to leave MNF).

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Although to be fair, I'm sure a lot of people would have a hard time turning down $12million/year (which is probably what TN would have to offer Gruden for him to leave MNF).
    I always wonder about stuff like this. It's a lot of money, but that's brokedikks like us talking. I'd imagine Gruden has more than enough, and as you get older, you start to value time over money. Unless you've spent your money like Allen Iverson, how much more do you really need?

chico2663

UR right. Please inform me what he did that deserved to be vilified all over net and protested against by college students.
    The whole allegations from Penn St. seems to have been made by 1 guy to another guy with no actual proof.

I am listening and reading reports from people I trust and respect all morning. Even from some I don`t like all basically stating he is getting shafted.BUT, a few guys on SBR know better ?
    he threw his qb under the bus while at tb.

chico2663

I always wonder about stuff like this. It's a lot of money, but that's brokedikks like us talking. I'd imagine Gruden has more than enough, and as you get older, you start to value time over money. Unless you've spent your money like Allen Iverson, how much more do you really need?
    Rich always want more. Guy that is chick magnet always wants to bang more. Drunk always wants another drink.

Ralphie Halves

Rich always want more.
    Agree to disagree. I know a good amount of rich people. A lot of them just want to hunt/surf/build things, and get to do that since they don't have to work anymore.

And anyway, the only interest he's ever had in coaching again was in the NFL.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

I think what the job is adds some consideration. Having a cushy office job for nice money is probably a lot easier to say yes to than nice money, but the work being more physical. Hence why I don't blame Gruden for doing MNF and Corona commercials. Only work 6 months a year just to talk and collect a nice check, then vacation the other 6 months.

Personally, if I had the money Jackson (and likely Gruden) have, I'd be sitting on the beach in Maui kicking back Mai Tai's and pick up a hobby if I got bored, but some people mentally live to work.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 11-27-17 at 10:01 PM.

12 Last