chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

if osu

if osu wins do they get in? I could make a case for them if okla wins 12,aub wins sec. and clemson wins acc. If ga beats auburn then i think ala gets in but if auburn wins . My thinking is that they handled alabama and by beating ga twice shows they are dominant team of conference. Any team that loses to pitt doesn't deserve to be in.But if they win conference than clemson deserves in. Usf played no one. Pac 10 is horrible. Just my thoughts

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

They can say what they want .It's the ole it's the Top 4 , bullshit .
    It's about profits , what's best for business.
    We seen that last year with Ohio State getting in while winning nothing to get shutout by Clemson.
    Follow the money should some possible upsets happen .
    Clemson lost as a 24 pt fav to Cuse
    Ohio State lost by 31 as a big favor vs. Iowa
    Bama lost as a fav
    Miami , lost as a DD fav
    Oklahoma and TCU didn't they both lose to Iowa State ?
    They will put whatever best fits ratings unless Oklahoma , Wisconsin, Clemson win . I think the winner of Auburn and Georgia is in .
    If any of the other 3 lose , possibly all 3 , it'll be the teams that will get then the best ratings .
    It's possible all 3 mentioned does lose , not likely but possible. Then we see where the money is on what teams will be in the playoff .
    I despise this committee BS picking who's in .

chico2663

well i sure don't want to watch usf. Even though texas old coach is there

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

too many things can happen next week so no need what if

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The problem with you guys is that nothing ever satisfies you, but you have absolutely no answers as to how to solve the problem. An 8 team playoff will never happen because the teams will be forced to cut a game out of their regular season schedules and teams are not going to buy a loss of revenue for any reason.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Big Q spot on

These things play out the right way

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    too many things can happen next week so no need what if
    yeah i'm not even paying attn until this weekend's games are played

way too many scenarios

Slipknot26

No it wouldn't
    Top 8
    Conference Title game , conferences still make their cash
    Following week - Quarterfinals Top 8
    Break - 1 week
    Semifinals
    Break - 1 week
    Title game
    There's a month off in between conference Title game and Semifinals now .
    It's not Rocket Fukkin Science

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I really dont see many scenarios for OSU to get in.

Winner of Auburn/Georgia is in.......winner of Clemson/Miami is in......ALabama likely in.....Oklahoma in if they beat TCU.....and likely still ahead of OSU, even if they lose to TCU.

Im just not seeing it.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    if osu wins do they get in? I could make a case for them if okla wins 12,aub wins sec. and clemson wins acc. If ga beats auburn then i think ala gets in but if auburn wins . My thinking is that they handled alabama and by beating ga twice shows they are dominant team of conference. Any team that loses to pitt doesn't deserve to be in.But if they win conference than clemson deserves in. Usf played no one. Pac 10 is horrible. Just my thoughts
    So you don’t think Miami should get in because they lost to Pitt but you think Clemson should get in when they lost to Syracuse?

GoCanes24
    GoCanes24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Simplest scenario: SEC Champ, ACC Champ, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin. If OSU wins then we've got an argument

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I really dont see many scenarios for OSU to get in.

Winner of Auburn/Georgia is in.......winner of Clemson/Miami is in......ALabama likely in.....Oklahoma in if they beat TCU.....and likely still ahead of OSU, even if they lose to TCU.

Im just not seeing it.
    bama and their no good wins is the question mark, but have to think they get in by default

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The problem with you guys is that nothing ever satisfies you, but you have absolutely no answers as to how to solve the problem. An 8 team playoff will never happen because the teams will be forced to cut a game out of their regular season schedules and teams are not going to buy a loss of revenue for any reason.
    Problem with you is you have a little dick so try to make up with it by acting tough. Also your the ray knight of sbr and think your opinion matters.
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave chico2663 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Let's just get a Wisky win to make the decision easier...

chico2663

wisky beat no one as usual

Slipknot26

Wisky loses
    Clemson #1 vs. Bama #4
    Oklahoma #2 vs. Auburn #3
    Auburn vs Alabama for the Title
    Lmao , boy some butt hurt folks would fukkin lose it should it happen
    Iron Bowl of all Iron Bowls

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Rankings are so flawed. Does Georgia look like a number 1 team against anyone with a pulse? Did Bama against Miss. St. and AU? Bama hurting at RB and LB, just like the title game showed they lose when theyre defense is on the field too long so gonna find a way to extend drives. No doubt UGA will be passing more on Saturday, their qb can throw some dont know why they didnt pass more this year. Their rbs looked slow against AU, past injuries I guess. Game should be closer coming off beating Bama, theyll be a little high while UGA is at the round table brainstorming.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I agree that Bama still gets in, because they are Bama...it sucks, but its reality.

OSU is going to need a convincing win over Wisky, and hope that TCU upsets Oklahoma.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Rankings are so flawed. Does Georgia look like a number 1 team against anyone with a pulse? Did Bama against Miss. St. and AU? Bama hurting at RB and LB, just like the title game showed they lose when theyre defense is on the field too long so gonna find a way to extend drives. No doubt UGA will be passing more on Saturday, their qb can throw some dont know why they didnt pass more this year. Their rbs looked slow against AU, past injuries I guess. Game should be closer coming off beating Bama, theyll be a little high while UGA is at the round table brainstorming.
    ga coach claimed and sent to sec headquarters 5 plays where auburn was holding ga w.r. Think we can see that called few times

jtoler

ga coach claimed and sent to sec headquarters 5 plays where auburn was holding ga w.r. Think we can see that called few times
    Yea I heard that on tv Sat. or the radio.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    No it wouldn't
    Top 8
    Conference Title game , conferences still make their cash
    Following week - Quarterfinals Top 8
    Break - 1 week
    Semifinals
    Break - 1 week
    Title game
    There's a month off in between conference Title game and Semifinals now .
    It's not Rocket Fukkin Science
    Let me ask you this. Do you even have a high school diploma? Because only an idiot would not see the potential problems here. First, where would your quarter finals be played. Next, do you really think that a school can get enough plane reservations, hotel rooms, and everything else that is needed for thousands of fans to travel if they have no idea where they will be going to 14 days before the actual game? Could you arrange all of that? If you say yes you are either totally uneducated in what it takes to put a game like this together or you are a liar.

chico2663

Let me ask you this. Do you even have a high school diploma? Because only an idiot would not see the potential problems here. First, where would your quarter finals be played. Next, do you really think that a school can get enough plane reservations, hotel rooms, and everything else that is needed for thousands of fans to travel if they have no idea where they will be going to 14 days before the actual game? Could you arrange all of that? If you say yes you are either totally uneducated in what it takes to put a game like this together or you are a liar.
    good points but I think that after first round it could (maybe not) be like basketball. Where people want to go to those games. You could be right.

reigle9

wisky beat no one as usual
    much better resume than bama

but not the 8 nc's in 10 years or whatever it is

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

It is not all that complicated. It works like this:

1. The winner of the Clemson/Miami game is in.
    2. The winner of the Auburn/Georgia game is in.
    3. If Oklahoma wins they are in.
    4. If Wisconsin wins they are in.

Now no matter what you people in here say or think, NOTHING changes any of those 4 scenario's. They are set in stone and if you do not believe that, you really deserve to be banned for stupidity.

Now we get to the interesting part. We know that the winners of 2 games are in. If either Oklahoma or Wisconsin lose, Alabama will get in, because right or wrong, the committee thinks that they are the best one loss team If BOTH lose, then Alabama gets in and who knows who else gets in. It is entirely possible for the committee to pick Wisky over Ohio State is Wisky loses a close game to Ohio State, just like they picked Ohio State over Penn State even though Penn State defeated Ohio State and went on to win the Big 10 Championship last season. Ohio State did itself no favors getting it's ass kicked so badly by Clemson in the playoffs last season. Wisky will still be a one loss team. They also could pick either Georgia or Clemson over Ohio State if either one of those teams lose because it is rather obvious that both Clemson AND Georgia are better than Ohio State is. That will give everyone in here enough bitching and moaning material to last until New Years.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 11-27-17 at 03:04 PM.

reigle9

good points
    no, they're not

his delusional rantings are on par with yours about trump

big schools travel and big schools make the playoffs

no idea why he thinks travel is the fukkin hold up

Slipknot26

Are you Fukking serious numbnuts
    How bout checking any tournament on the planet ?
    Quarterfinals set in 2 locations
    Semi's a set location
    Final - a set location
    Have you ever watched a goddamn sporting event or tournament in your life ?
    You act as if there isn't already a goddamn football / basketball playoffs system in place ? Look around man
    Dear God you're dumb as fukk like I've seen posters say
    Good job Helen Keller

jtoler

It is not all that complicated. It works like this:

1. The winner of the Clemson/Miami game is in.
    2. The winner of the Auburn/Georgia game is in.
    3. If Oklahoma wins they are in.
    4. If Wisconsin wins they are in.

Now no matter what you people in here say or think, NOTHING changes any of those 4 scenario's. They are set in stone and if you do not believe that, you really deserve to be banned for stupidity.

Now we get to the interesting part. We know that the winners of 2 games are in. If either Oklahoma or Wisconsin lose, Alabama will get in, because right or wrong, the committee thinks that they are the best one loss team If BOTH lose, then Alabama gets in and who knows who else gets in. It is entirely possible for the committee to pick Wisky over Ohio State is Wisky loses a close game to Ohio State, just like they picked Ohio State over Penn State even though Penn State defeated Ohio State and went on to win the Big 10 Championship last season. Ohio State did itself no favors getting it's ass kicked so badly by Clemson in the playoffs last season. Wisky will still be a one loss team. They also could pick either Georgia or Clemson over Ohio State if either one of those teams lose because it is rather obvious that both Clemson AND Georgia are better than Ohio State is. That will give everyone in here enough bitching and moaning material to last until New Years.
    I hate to tell you, all of this is meaningless convo simply because we dont make the decisions. Theyve been doing this for like 2 or 3 years now and both years they did things people didnt expect. So they could easily pull another rabbit out of the hat and people will be mad about it then realize there is nothing they can do about it. Im almost certain they will pull another surprise this year, the whole committee setup is a joke to me. I mean you have former coaches of teams and current athletic directors of schools, think they arnt gonna be bias? No athletic directors should be on the committee.

chico2663

no shit if wisky wins they are in. no shit if oklahoma wins they are in. I was just wondering if a banged up ala gets in over a 2 lose osu if they win. If ga beats the shit out of auburn because of missing rb who gets in