Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

You need a diploma in Handicapping the Committee to predict the 4.
    The way they ranked the teams it seemed to me they opened the door for Ohio St. Giving them the message, "win out and win big and you're a chance". From what little notice I took of the game today they'll be hard pressed to beat Wisconsin without help from the officials though. If they were trying for style points they came up short, unless they just eased right off like Penn St did (I only had radio, didn't watch it). I thought they were a lock to cover when they went in at HT with the big lead though.
    Everyone knows Alabama and Auburn are probably #1 and #2. Georgia, Clemson and Miami are probably near equal #3 so whatever the Playoff 4 ends up it's not the 4 best teams and backers of at least 2 of those ⬆️ teams have a legitimate beef with the system. C'est la vie.

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Ohio State says hello.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I disagree, if Wisconsin gets blownout by Ohio State they will have no wins over top 25 teams and a blowout loss to the only ranked team the play. Auburn will look like the clearly better team, with 2 of their 3 losses to top 5 teams. If Wisconsin losses by double digits in the big ten championship game Auburn will get in over them.
    Ohio State gets in with that scenario. Would be Bama, ACC Champ, Oklahoma, Ohio State. If Oklahoma loses, Georgia would get dibs over Auburn, committee will not let three-loss team in under any circumstance. And I am not saying Georgia would be the fourth team either, I am saying they would have a chance and Auburn would not. In the giant scheme of things, Auburn beating Georgia was pretty meaningless.

First 12