Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

UCF -14, talk me off of it

Cons: Temple not getting annihilated like they were earlier in the season. Weather will not be great in Philly (but not extreme winds, which is the major factor for things like unders). And that's about it.

Pros: HUGE disparity between the two programs right now. More than 2 TDs worth of it IMO. UCF's only game that went under 2 TDs was against SMU, who is suprisingly strong this year, and Navy who usually plays everyone close. Temple is a few tiers down from those programs.

This is a "square bet" on the surface simply because it's a short road favorite and everyone wants to yell "TRAP". You shouldn't be able to see a trap -- if everyone under the sun can see it, then....

I do well with games like this, but I wanna make sure there's not something I'm just not seeing before I go and get it at -14. Habla conmigo.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Temple offense playing much much better since new qb took over. Ucf should be able to put up pts with ease though

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

undefeated teams have historically performed poorly ATS in the CFP era in the last few weeks of the season. The pressure of staying perfect and putting together their best effort week after week seems to prevent these teams from covering much. I don't have the win/loss number but its pretty poor.

Ralphie Halves

Liking it, keep it coming.

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

UCF is in a big look ahead spot with USF up next Friday. ABC 3:30 game.

Temple needs a W to get to a bowl game.

Temple is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games.

There's not much of a home field advantage, but Temple does play better at home.

I'll take Temple. Mostly because of the look ahead. But good luck.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

UCF defense is not that good

I think backdoor cover

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Liking it, keep it coming.
    Ralphie. After the crappy way USF played last night against Tulsa, I would not take any Group of 5 team and lay those kind of points. This may be a "let's score enough to win and get out of here" type of game. GL.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Ralphie. After the crappy way USF played last night against Tulsa, I would not take any Group of 5 team and lay those kind of points. This may be a "let's score enough to win and get out of here" type of game. GL.
    Yeah, that game surprised me. USF is 4-5 ATS however, compared to 5-3 for UCF which is a bit more respectable. Quentin Flowers is super unpredictable, and I stayed away from USF for most of the year because of this.

Tough weeks ahead, no doubt.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Yeah, that game surprised me. USF is 4-5 ATS however, compared to 5-3 for UCF which is a bit more respectable. Quentin Flowers is super unpredictable, and I stayed away from USF for most of the year because of this.

Tough weeks ahead, no doubt.
    Last night did not surprise me. I KNEW that Charlie would find a way to screw up that offense and he did. Now a very good QB in Flowers has absolutely NO confidence at all in his offensive scheme. This was the best shot USF had of getting to a New Years 6 Bowl game and it appears to be just about gone now.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

The OVER looks nice

Toples
    Toples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 964

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    undefeated teams have historically performed poorly ATS in the CFP era in the last few weeks of the season. The pressure of staying perfect and putting together their best effort week after week seems to prevent these teams from covering much. I don't have the win/loss number but its pretty poor.
    not really. undefeated teams cover 48% in weeks 11+, just checked the numbers.

BUT you are right in this situation
    Being 10+points away favorite, they probably dont think about covering some ATS spread so you could win your bet, but only winning and staying undefeated and might be cautious and play more conservative on road (they dont have to please home crowd), thus not covering big spreads.

numbers:
    although 91% win the game only 38% cover

So i think you should bet Temple if you bet this game at all

Ralphie Halves

UCF more than 14 pts better than Temple, nuff said.

Do appreciate the feedback though.

GameDayz
    GameDayz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Coach leaving concerns seemed to take a toll on UofH last year...
    But I've been loving UCF and MEM ats all year.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by GameDayz View Post
    Coach leaving concerns seemed to take a toll on UofH last year...
    But I've been loving UCF and MEM ats all year.
    Yeah, but not that one big surprise team this year you can just ride for weeks and weeks on end like Idaho was last year, or Buffalo in years past. UCF has done me well though.

UAB has really been that team this year, but it took so long for anyone to believe they could just come back into FBS play the way they did.

Or fading Hawaii, but a lot of people, including me thought they were ready for a much better year.