daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Heitner: Florida to hire a new head football coach "soon"

McElwain apparently is in over his head and a lame duck coach...

Sports Attorney and Forbes writer Darren Heitner reports Florida boosters have already been contacted in anticipation of the school hiring a new head coach "soon."

Heitner cites sources stating Florida's athletic director already has a statement written regardless of the outcome against Georgia on Saturday. We are a bit surprised by the swiftness of this (reported) decision. We highly respect Jim McElwain as a play caller and head coach, but those offensive credentials have not come to fruition. We could come up with a few excuses, like Will Grier's suspension resulting in a transfer and players not behaving appropriately off the field. Florida currently sits at 3-3 on the season, with a fairly soft schedule coming up. Florida finished 10-4 and 9-4 in McElwain's previous two seasons
    Points Awarded:

bozeman gave daneblazer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Hopefully he's fired on Monday and Randy Shannon made interim HC. Foley made another horrible hire of a guy that had little head coaching experience.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

should we pound uga or what

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Thats crazy to me, he's done more with less there.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

gonna be weird if they win today

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

The fake death threats were the last straw. If uga drops the hammer it’ll make it easy on them. I like McElwain as a person but he’s in over his head

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

He is gone. The last straw was him lying ( or not ) about some of the members of the team receiving death threats. And the University selling him out after he refused to tell them anything about that. Well, duh. Little Jimmy either made the whole shit up to sensationalize the situation or ...I don't understand why, if there were threats , he's not disclosing the details to the AD. Weird. Gators are a mess.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Thats crazy to me, he's done more with less there.
    He's been fukking awful. That offense is as bad as Muschamp's. He ran off his best QB Will Grier, hasn't been able to recruit worth a damn in the best state for football. He's an aloof, arrogant ass that blames players instead of admitting his own mistakes. I can't wait for this butter teeth shark fukker to get shit canned.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    The fake death threats were the last straw. If uga drops the hammer it’ll make it easy on them. I like McElwain as a person but he’s in over his head
    I don't know anyone that likes him. He's a dick. His wife is okay, even after she deliberately posted a family picture recently with them all at the dinner table with Oklahoma (I think it was OU, certainly there wasn't any UF) paraphernalia. Who the fuk does that? His ass is gone.

Spurrier asked him recently if he could help out with the QB's and butterteeth said no. Fukk that guy.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't know anyone that likes him. He's a dick. His wife is okay, even after she deliberately posted a family picture recently with them all at the dinner table with Oklahoma (I think it was OU, certainly there wasn't any UF) paraphernalia. Who the fuk does that? His ass is gone.

Spurrier asked him recently if he could help out with the QB's and butterteeth said no. Fukk that guy.
    You know him better than me. He seems ok in his interviews which is all I see. If you say he’s a butter tooth douche I’ll believe it.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

With Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly and Scott Frost out there, the Gators are licking their chops to fire McElwain. I think Frost is on top of their list but I wouldn’t be surprised if they make a play for Stoops given his Florida background.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Kelly is front runner

Mac4Lyfe

You know him better than me. He seems ok in his interviews which is all I see. If you say he’s a butter tooth douche I’ll believe it.
    He wants out, so it's a done deal. They will work out a buyout. Rumors are that a deal may already be in place for Chip Kelly. Not so sure about that. I think Charlie Strong or Lane Kiffin would be great picks as they know the state of Florida. Most fans want Frost at UCF but do you go with another inexperienced HC?

McElwain is a narcissist. He blames everyone but himself. He thinks he deserves credit for forcing UF to upgrade facilities. He thinks the media is out to get him. He's never got along with the UAA or Strickland the new AD. The QB club and the Bull Gators do not like him either. He's ready to go elsewhere.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

He's been fukking awful. That offense is as bad as Muschamp's. He ran off his best QB Will Grier, hasn't been able to recruit worth a damn in the best state for football. He's an aloof, arrogant ass that blames players instead of admitting his own mistakes. I can't wait for this butter teeth shark fukker to get shit canned.
    I guess ur right I dont follow the program, had no idea about death threats thing I just know he's 22-11 and 16-7 in SEC since he's been there and with a crappy offense, this year the defense and running game isnt good, dont know how theyre even 3-3. Florida not used to not having high powered offense, Im sure its killing the fans.

Mac4Lyfe

Strickland released the following this morning... He's gone like Donkey Kong.

"No one representing the University of Florida or its athletic department has had any conversations with Coach McElwain or his representatives regarding a buyout of his contract," Stricklin said. "Our focus is on the great Florida-Georgia rivalry today in Jacksonville."

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I guess ur right I dont follow the program, had no idea about death threats thing I just know he's 22-11 and 16-7 in SEC since he's been there and with a crappy offense, this year the defense and running game isnt good, dont know how theyre even 3-3. Florida not used to not having high powered offense, Im sure its killing the fans.
    He's 22-11 because the SEC East has been the worst it's every been in the history of the divisions. Anytime he played a team with a pulse, he'd get boat raced. McElwain won games with a horseshoe up his ass. He'd win in the most luckiest fashion you can imagine. That luck has run out.

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Kiss of death. Just like with El Donaldo. Whenever he says : I have a tremendous respect for Joe Blow, he's doing a beautiful job and blah, blah ... boom, the very next day Joe Blow tenders a tremendous, beautiful resignation ...

"No one representing the University of Florida or its athletic department has had any conversations with Coach McElwain or his representatives regarding a buyout of his contract," Stricklin said. "Our focus is on the great Florida-Georgia rivalry today in Jacksonville."[/QUOTE]

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Will get fired tomorrow for making up death threats

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will get fired tomorrow for making up death threats
    did he really make that up...going to google.

I don't think he's a bad coach he's just at Florida that's a big boy job it's not Colorado st.

Mac4Lyfe

This is shark Fukker after the game. Smug mutherfukker. Hopefully Shannon is taking over the program by Monday.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's trying to get fired obviously who the hell points out what a failure they've been on their job lolz

"Nothing in this world surprises me," McElwain said. "I know what I was brought here to do: to fix the offense, and we haven't done that. We haven't won enough and we haven't won championships."

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Dan Mullen makes sense.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Not understanding the hate towards McElwain? There must be an awful amount of things going on behind the scenes in that Florida Gator locker room???? The only thing I don't like about the guy... I hate his interviews. Too easy going and smiling sarcastically at times.

But... like I said... other things must be going down behind the scenes???? Unreal.

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

if he gets fired for cause loses his huge buyout making up death threats could do it

Mac4Lyfe

McElwain is GONE. Fired today. The team will soon make an announcement on buyout and replacement.

Great day to be a Gator.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

McElwain is GONE. Fired today. The team will soon make an announcement on buyout and replacement.

Great day to be a Gator.

That official?

Mac4Lyfe

That official?
    Hasn't hit the newswires but he's been fired by Stricklin...
    Points Awarded:

daneblazer gave Mac4Lyfe 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Players are being notified...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Buy Out or No ?

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Million dollar question now is who is the next head coach? They'd be crazy not to have Chip Kelly and Scott Frost as their 1 and 2 of top candidates. I'm sure Tennessee has the same list right now.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Mac4Lyfe

I'm hearing a lot of chatter about Mike Norvell from Memphis. I think that would be a bad choice. Frost would be much better as he can recruit Florida but I don't see how UF can go with another coach that doesn't have much HC experience. The last 3 coaches without experience has been a disaster. UF needs a home run here, not the next hot thing of the day. Dan Mullen, Chip Kelly or Charlie Strong would be sure things. Stir things up with maybe Leach, Petrino or Kiffin. I don't see Stoops coming out of retirement.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Stoops isn’t coming. UF could do a lot worse than Dan Mullen. He probably has the highest floor of any of the realistic candidates.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Won’t happen but how funny would it be if spurrier coached the rest of the season?

123 Last