reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Vandy & Memphis aren’t taking recruits away from Tennessee. From the recruiting rankings, Tennessee is still high and sports two top 5 classes the last 5 years. So they are either wrong about the guys they recruited or underperforming with the talent they have. I think Tennessee wins the East last year if they weren’t ravaged with injuries. Probably buys Botch another yesr
    Vandy most certainly is taking recruits from Tenn. Tenn's recruiting rankings are fugazi cause they're over the top even for the sec. They magically take 30 kids every single year by going online and offering every kid with 4 stars, ship them off to juco or prep, and give them a real scholarship if they pan out athletically and can read.

Not looking to be the best formula.

Doesn't help that Butch is an actual retarded person.

reigle9

Bama does the same shit with taking any retard that can read from juco, but they also only recruit the cream of the crop.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Semi related question

Why is Kansas so bad at football? I mean just horrible at it like they are a new program
    Why wouldn't they be?

K-State is only always above average cause bill synder is the all-time king of taking retards from juco and celebrated for it.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post

Pittsburgh is falling.
    They're dead in the water. EVERY year they grab one 4* superstar pittsburgh kid and half the rest of the class are 2* or 3* with mac offers from the wpial. With PSU now cherry-picking, they no longer get their requisite 4* wpial kid that they think will single-handedly win them a national championship.

In the past lamont wade and miles sanders wouldve been convinced to "stay home" even though pitt gets outdrawn by the local hs teams (for real).

Oh and Narduzzi is the biggest goof HC in fb.
    Last edited by reigle9; 10-24-17 at 11:29 AM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    Vandy most certainly is taking recruits from Tenn. Tenn's recruiting rankings are fugazi cause they're over the top even for the sec. They magically take 30 kids every single year by going online and offering every kid with 4 stars, ship them off to juco or prep, and give them a real scholarship if they pan out athletically and can read.

Not looking to be the best formula.

Doesn't help that Butch is an actual retarded person.
    Guys. Vanderbilt is not taking away recruits from Tennessee. Maybe one every other year? You basically have to have twice the grades to get into vandy as you do Tennessee. Vandy is ranked last in the SEC in recruiting every single year. Georgia, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Alabama, FSU, SoCo, Auburn, maybe even Kentucky pose a threat to Tennessee recruiting. Vanderbilt does not.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Yeah, who said Oregon?

Taggart is the shit, and they're like on their 8th QB this year. That program will be just fine.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Vandy & Memphis aren’t taking recruits away from Tennessee. From the recruiting rankings, Tennessee is still high and sports two top 5 classes the last 5 years. So they are either wrong about the guys they recruited or underperforming with the talent they have. I think Tennessee wins the East last year if they weren’t ravaged with injuries. Probably buys Botch another yesr
    i agree. most if not all of those teams have equivalent talent to past years. ........ i don't think NC being down 35-0 (or something similar) at halftime has much to do with past recruiting classes.

one i'd comment on specifically is oregon. they were one of the top teams in the country for many years without super-elite recruiting classes. other than deanthony thomas and maybe erik armstead i don't remember them winning a top 15 recruit in the past. ... not sure what their problem is on defense - maybe more last year - but i think on offense they just need a stud QB. marriotta of course was awesome but there were some outstanding ones before him. then after him they went with graduate transfer types which i thought worked fairly well - their big problem was defense - but they chose to go away from that and it hasn't been that good since. and then injury to herbert who i don't think was that great anyway.

what about nebraska?

i agree kansas should never have fired mangino. right up there with minnesota firing glenn mason... i think increasingly over time that big 5 programs from states with limited football talent need to temper their expectations. cali/florida/texas players who go out-of-state are now spread amongst almost all 130 FBS programs. years ago teams like nebraska, oklahoma, washington got their choice of players who wanted to leave texas/cali. not sure the historical florida flow. and i think to a certain degree that oklahoma is simply considered an alternative texas team.

gojetsgomoxies

tennessee is #13 and #14 in 2 year and 5 year recruiting ranking. so i think they've recruited fine.

add arkansas as another team that has plummeted.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Tennessee is murdering it in recruiting, believe it or not.

We're just seeing anomaly years with some programs, like we did with Notre Dame, Michigan State, and Marshall last year just to name a few. Sometimes you just have a bad QB year (NC, FSU).

Teams definitely on the decline are Nebraska and BYU, no fluke there IMO.

Texas just needs time

McElwain is somehow winning games in spite of all the nonsense at Florida. Mistake if they let him go.

Michigan - LOL. They're fine.

UCLA - Probably effed. Once Rosen goes...

Baylor - C'mon now, gotta give them a break here.

Kansas doesn't put a lot of effort in to their football program, it's very lopsided into basketball, to where programs like MSU and Kentucky have done a much better job balancing it out.

Pittsburgh is falling.
    You didn't watch the Bama/Tenn game did you??? Bama has 10 linemen better than the best lineman Tennessee has, and that guy got hurt. The recruiting rankings are lying for Tennessee, the eye test says that they are not in the top half of the SEC let alone the country.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    You didn't watch the Bama/Tenn game did you??? Bama has 10 linemen better than the best lineman Tennessee has, and that guy got hurt. The recruiting rankings are lying for Tennessee, the eye test says that they are not in the top half of the SEC let alone the country.
    I was talking about this year. More amazing since their coaching situation has been up in the air for over a year now.

For 2018 -- 247 has them 8th overall, Rivals 7th, USA Today 4th.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    tennessee is #13 and #14 in 2 year and 5 year recruiting ranking. so i think they've recruited fine.

add arkansas as another team that has plummeted.

Razorbacks may be a good bet against the rest of the way. Their best offensive lineman is now out for the year and they were atrocious on the OL before he went down. I have no inside info but the team looks like it has quit. This program has digressed a great deal. They cannot even make a tackle on D.

eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1728

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Razorbacks may be a good bet against the rest of the way. Their best offensive lineman is now out for the year and they were atrocious on the OL before he went down. I have no inside info but the team looks like it has quit. This program has digressed a great deal. They cannot even make a tackle on D.
    Good call.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Guys. Vanderbilt is not taking away recruits from Tennessee. Maybe one every other year? You basically have to have twice the grades to get into vandy as you do Tennessee. Vandy is ranked last in the SEC in recruiting every single year. Georgia, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Alabama, FSU, SoCo, Auburn, maybe even Kentucky pose a threat to Tennessee recruiting. Vanderbilt does not.
    Tennessee doesn't even have Kentucky type talent right now. That is barely ahead of Vandy. Losing to Kentucky on the road??????? Kentucky was even favored.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Texas is going to be very good again very soon. You can clearly see it coming if you have a fukkin clue at all.

Michigan has not slipped. They're simply too young this year.
    Texas the one guys started listing that made me scratch my head. I agree with you they back on the rise I think guys just saw the early losses and are assuming incorrectly.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Texas fans saying this for years now.
    You gotta be nuts if you don't realize they now have the right guy in place. I'm no Texas fan, it pretty obvious they not far away.

2daBank

I didn't say they were taking any recruits from Tennessee, but if a kid wants to stay at home and play Memphis and Vandy are now options of going to a bowl just like Tennessee. I hope Tennessee is NOT selling kids on playing in the SEC Championship game or New Year's Day bowls or the fact that Butch has been on the hot seat every year he has been there. His job security has come up every year that he has been there. So a kid who wants to play in the SEC and play in Knoxville can go to Vandy and still get to a bowl game. Same with Memphis, Memphis usually plays Ole Miss every year and they have been going to bowl games too. So that is local talent that can stay at home and get the same thing that they can get in Knoxville. What does Butch have to offer other than losing games that he should win and getting blown out in games they are expected to lose. The Ole Miss thing hurt a lot too when they were good a few years ago. Ole Miss had the number 1 recruit and a few others to turn the program around plus they are a stones throw from Memphis.
    Kids have to get good grades to go to vandy don't they? That what vols have to offer, they don't have unrealistic academic expectations like being able to read holding them back!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Nebraska had a major fall off. Back in the 90s they were like what Alabama is today, a dynasty. Huskers won big and under coach Osborne got any recruit they wanted. Now they're a silly step child of the Big 10.
    Moving to big10 finished them, no longer have recruiting roots in Texas.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    You gotta be nuts if you don't realize they now have the right guy in place. I'm no Texas fan, it pretty obvious they not far away.
    I would be nuts if I followed Texas at all after they lost to Maryland.

I don't doubt your assertions, but until Texas starts banging out quality wins they're still the same old Longhorns to me.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Tennessee doesn't even have Kentucky type talent right now. That is barely ahead of Vandy. Losing to Kentucky on the road??????? Kentucky was even favored.
    We may be talking about the same thing. Tennessee’s program has slipped. Their recruiting has not for the most part. They aren’t getting anything out of the talent they have and the program is a zoo. That goes back to coaching. If they don’t make the right move after butch they made fall further back into irrelevancy with Carolina looking respectable and well coached, Florida about to make a move, and Georgia looking like a rising powrr

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

We may be talking about the same thing. Tennessee’s program has slipped. Their recruiting has not for the most part. They aren’t getting anything out of the talent they have and the program is a zoo. That goes back to coaching. If they don’t make the right move after butch they made fall further back into irrelevancy with Carolina looking respectable and well coached, Florida about to make a move, and Georgia looking like a rising powrr
    When I have watched Tennessee the past few years, I notice above average talent on the outsides and average in the backfield, but the true gauge of talent is what happens when there is no scheme involved and it is just helmet on a helmet, blocking and tackling. That is where Tennessee is very below average I don't care what the recruiting rankings say. The talent is not there nor playing at a high level. Every play in every practice is designed to work on both sides of the ball, on Saturdays Tennessee sees what happens when all the teams you play are better than you are or not very far below. Tennessee is right about where they need to be based on on field performance, recruiting rankings be damned.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Moving to big10 finished them, no longer have recruiting roots in Texas.
    i had never thought of that but it makes complete sense........ would a similar - lesser? - argument apply for Texas A&M and Missouri joining the SEC?

unforeseen circumstances can be huge...... although someone working full-time and highly paid like the AD should have foreseen that to a large degree...

gojetsgomoxies

one thing i wonder about is simply parity amongst high school football players........ is there a huge difference between the #7 cornerback and the #40 cornerback?. pete carroll and i think bellicheck would tell you "no" as they like to trade down in draft to get more picks... at the high end then there is a premium with some outlier athletes.
    so that means a few places have been getting numerous outlier athletes - alabama, ohio state would be the perennial names - and a bunch get one or two per year... and of course a few places work a system/style really well like wisconsin.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

There’s only been like one team in the past 25 years to win the national title without at least one top 3 class. If you think recruiting doesn’t matter you aren’t being honest with yourself

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

There’s only been like one team in the past 25 years to win the national title without at least one top 3 class. If you think recruiting doesn’t matter you aren’t being honest with yourself
    Sticking to Tennessee, the recruiting numbers do not matter.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Tennessee has had good recruting classes which tells me the coaches have just sucked and can't develop talent.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i had never thought of that but it makes complete sense........ would a similar - lesser? - argument apply for Texas A&M and Missouri joining the SEC?

unforeseen circumstances can be huge...... although someone working full-time and highly paid like the AD should have foreseen that to a large degree...
    A&M to the SEC is a big time win for both the Aggies and the conference. Because of SEC competition A&M is far better poised to recruit. And the conference taps into the Texas market, which is huge.

The Longhorns would have been the ideal Texas team for the SEC, but they weren't playing second fiddle to anyone in the Big 12 and had no reason to bolt. Texas throwing its weight around (started their own TV network) did not help the big 12 and as was mentioned earlier, helped drive Nebraska to the Big 10.

Missouri is just crap.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

The guy who brought in all the top talent to Tennessee has left the building.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Oops. Tennessee doesn't have Vandy type talent either. The worst team in the conference and its not even close. They must be submitting their own recruiting rankings.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Looks like Michigan right near top of list now

First 12