daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Michigan @ Penn St -9.5

Lean Penn St here

can Michigan slow them down and spring the upset?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Penn State will win. Going to be an incredible atmosphere. Whiteout night game.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Harbaugh will kick a last second FG down by 10 to spite cover

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

No.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Penn State in a rather easy cover

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Penn State will win. Going to be an incredible atmosphere. Whiteout night game.

i have been a Penn State fan for a long long time, and I will certainly play them on Saturday. However, this is a lot of points.

My view on Penn State this year is going to sound like a traitor. If they win out and if somehow Alb loses they have a shot. I don't know if either can happen. If they win out and somehow end up playing Alb I think they have big problems. That team is just too fckin good. Can PS win, of course they can win if they get a ton of breaks and Alb has a really bad game.

Having written that I will be cheering my ass off if they get that far. And I will wager on them. I already have them on a future to win the national championship, along with RB to win the Heisman. Just think Alb is the class of the field.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    i have been a Penn State fan for a long long time, and I will certainly play them on Saturday. However, this is a lot of points.

My view on Penn State this year is going to sound like a traitor. If they win out and if somehow Alb loses they have a shot. I don't know if either can happen. If they win out and somehow end up playing Alb I think they have big problems. That team is just too fckin good. Can PS win, of course they can win if they get a ton of breaks and Alb has a really bad game.

Having written that I will be cheering my ass off if they get that far. And I will wager on them. I already have them on a future to win the national championship, along with RB to win the Heisman. Just think Alb is the class of the field.
    Yea they can't beat Bama. Don't think anyone can. Maybe auburn at home in the iron bowl.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

I really want to bet Penn St here, but I just don't know if I can lay that many points. Now that it has crossed 10, I'll probably take a nibble.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well we’re all guessing so I’ll try Penn State

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Yea they can't beat Bama. Don't think anyone can. Maybe auburn at home in the iron bowl.

my thought and hope exactly, if auburn beats Alb they have a shot, unless the committee still keeps alb in the top 4 and that can easily happen even with a loss. the only way it won't is if four other strong teams don't have a loss

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

but then again all of this is hypothetical, tons of crap has to happen before any of it even can come close to materializing.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If Georgia beats Alabama and Bama is up against 3 one or no loss conference champions, it gets interesting. Then it becomes who do you think is the best teams vs who is the most deserving. At that point it’s entirely possible Alabama will have beaten just 5 teams with a winning record and possibly only one that was ranked

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Who the fukk is Alb?
    Speak English. Don't make up nicknames for teams this forum is hard enough to follow as is.

Alabama
    Or
    Bama
    Or
    Roll Tide

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Can't lay more than 1 score in a big 10 game

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24681

Too many points. I dropped the limit (at the time) on Michigan +11.5 when it came out Sunday night.

I love the number I got but there's plenty of value on +10 and I'd side with Michigan at anything over a touchdown to be honest. Michigan's defense is legit and it's going to be difficult for Penn State to pull away and post a double digit margin. Obviously Michigan's offense is lackluster, but they'll find a way to manufacture points and the D should at least put them in a few favorable positions.

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Michigan

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Michigan has Zero offense. None at all. Unless Michigan gets extremely lucky, this may be one of the most boring 27-10 games we see all year. Penn State will slowly pull way from Michigan. They have enough horses to slowly wear Michigan's defense down.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Who the fukk is Alb?
    Speak English. Don't make up nicknames for teams this forum is hard enough to follow as is.

Alabama
    Or
    Bama
    Or
    Roll Tide

hmmm, well good point if "Alb" could possibly be any other fckin college football team in the universe. And if we weren't writing/speaking about college teams that are in the hunt for the national title. other than that, nice job.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    If Georgia beats Alabama and Bama is up against 3 one or no loss conference champions, it gets interesting. Then it becomes who do you think is the best teams vs who is the most deserving. At that point it’s entirely possible Alabama will have beaten just 5 teams with a winning record and possibly only one that was ranked

all valid and good points. I guess if that happens it will be in the hands of people that, I think, might have a bias for Alb. But, that is just guessing and so many variables and possible outcomes. Let's just say this is looking like an interesting year.

I am so proud of a PS team that was hit with so many penalties I never believed they could have returned to prominence in such a short time period. They are a very good team, I don't believe they are an excellent team that term I think only belongs to Alb.

well good luck no matter what team you cheer for, good luck to all.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Penn State could not defeat either Alabama, or Georgia, who basically runs the same type of offense and defense as Penn State does, just much better.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Penn State could not defeat either Alabama, or Georgia, who basically runs the same type of offense and defense as Penn State does, just much better.
    we have a soothsayer among us. well if you are that good I imagine you list your best plays sometime on Friday or Saturday morning. I would love to get a look at those plays my friend. Direct me to where I might find them.

arrgy
    arrgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1904

Michigan is 1-4 ATS and Penn State is 4-1 ATS in the first half.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Who the fukk is Alb?

Alabama
    Or
    Bama
    Or
    Roll Tide
    Maybe he was talking about Albany....

Do they have a football program.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

How will Michigan score more than 3 points with that offense?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    How will Michigan score more than 3 points with that offense?
    Defense and gadget plays. I bet they score at least 9

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

It's hard to make a living laying 9.5 against good defenses coupled with good coaching.

Forget the Indiana game. Mich was caught napping vs a motivated live dog.

I'm not taking the points either mainly because Penn St has just as good of defense.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Too many points. I dropped the limit (at the time) on Michigan +11.5 when it came out Sunday night.

I love the number I got but there's plenty of value on +10 and I'd side with Michigan at anything over a touchdown to be honest. Michigan's defense is legit and it's going to be difficult for Penn State to pull away and post a double digit margin. Obviously Michigan's offense is lackluster, but they'll find a way to manufacture points and the D should at least put them in a few favorable positions.
    The most sensible post for the reason he talks numbers and value

Good job

blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

It's a lot of points, but I'd still lean towards ped state.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

we have a soothsayer among us. well if you are that good I imagine you list your best plays sometime on Friday or Saturday morning. I would love to get a look at those plays my friend. Direct me to where I might find them.
    I do not play a lot of games every week, like some in here do. If you want to see my plays, simply go to my Spreadsheet. You can see it at
    http://bigdaddyqh.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/ That is where I post the plays that I will allow you good people to see. Notice that there are no past posts. All games and team total wagers are dated.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Does not matter how good a defense is, if your constantly going 3 and out on offense you will give up big points.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

I like the bet. O'Korn can't move the ball. Does nothing but F up.

Harbaugh's D works great on inexperienced QBs. Won't work as well here.
    Last edited by Ralphie Halves; 10-19-17 at 03:07 PM.

alecmatt5
    alecmatt5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3386

With the exception of against Ohio State in 2015 (who was arguably the best team in college football that year) Michigan has not lost a game by more than a touchdown under Harbaugh. Take the 9.5

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by alecmatt5 View Post
    With the exception of against Ohio State in 2015 (who was arguably the best team in college football that year) Michigan has not lost a game by more than a touchdown under Harbaugh. Take the 9.5
    He always had a QB that could at least tie his own shoes. I'm okay with breaking a very misleading trend.

alecmatt5
    alecmatt5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3386

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    He always had a QB that could at least tie his own shoes. I'm okay with breaking a very misleading trend.
    Not getting blown out is more about the defense than the QB and lets not act like Penn State has some mighty defense where they are going to shut Michigan out. I guess we will just have to let the game be played and see what happens

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

If you look at how each team played Indiana, Penn St should cover

12 Last