reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Lean Penn St here

can Michigan slow them down and spring the upset?
    More concerned if psu can move the ball against UM's D.

Don't see how UM puts up many points though. O'Korn in that environment can't be good. Franklin is trying to white out the entire town friday and saturday. They'll be near 110k people there for this game with half drinking since morning.

I have psu -5 from a couple weeks ago, but would take the -9'.

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

There is also the “look ahead” factor with PSU going to OSU next weekend..if you believe in that sort of thing.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by badgerguy View Post
    There is also the “look ahead” factor with PSU going to OSU next weekend..if you believe in that sort of thing.
    Even if I did, Michigan isn't a team you look beyond.

alecmatt5
    alecmatt5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3434

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    If you look at how each team played Indiana, Penn St should cover
    That's a slippery slope in gambling logic. There's no transitive property of college football
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave alecmatt5 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

reigle9

If you're looking for an angle, UM played a tough game that went to ot last week while psu had a bye.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    He always had a QB that could at least tie his own shoes. I'm okay with breaking a very misleading trend.
    Why is it a very misleading trend? If Harbaugh's Michigan teams have shown that they don't lose often, and almost never lose by double digits, I'd say that's pretty relevant given the pointspread of this weekend's game. There's not many other teams that can make that claim. Even Urban Meyer has had his doors blown off a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    If you look at how each team played Indiana, Penn St should cover
    Now here's where the words "very misleading" come to mind... the final score of the Indiana versus Penn State game. I watched that game intently and Indiana was their own worst enemy that day. Catastrophic mistake after catastrophic mistake. It was a Murphy's Law kinda game that the Hoosiers couldn't recover from.

Outside of the errors (which were mostly of the fluke variety) Indiana actually played a pretty solid game in Happy Valley and were able to pressure the quarterback on a regular basis. I think Indiana even finished with more total yards and it's not like it was just all garbage time either.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The fact is this. Harbaugh simply does not have the ability to get any college team to the promised land, so to speak. He has never defeated Ohio State, and is 1-2 against Michigan State. This will be the 3rd year of the Harbaugh Administration, and still no Big 10 East Title. He simply cannot get past the big game. He pulled some solid upsets at Stanford, but he NEVER won a divisional or Pac 10/12 Conference title. There is no excuse for having such a terrible offense in year 3. Penn State may shut Michigan out.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The fact is this. Harbaugh simply does not have the ability to get any college team to the promised land, so to speak. He has never defeated Ohio State, and is 1-2 against Michigan State. This will be the 3rd year of the Harbaugh Administration, and still no Big 10 East Title. He simply cannot get past the big game. He pulled some solid upsets at Stanford, but he NEVER won a divisional or Pac 10/12 Conference title. There is no excuse for having such a terrible offense in year 3. Penn State may shut Michigan out.

This is sad but true

You're a dik, but you’re right.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    What's this have to do with Saturday night though?

I'm not asking Jim Harbaugh to take Michigan to the promised land.

I'm not asking him to beat Ohio State.

I'm not asking him to beat Michigan State either.

Hell, I'm not even asking him to beat Penn State.

All I'm asking him to do is cover an 11.5 point spread that has all of UM's offensive shortcomings already baked into the line and then some.

I don't think that's too much to ask at all.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of points though

Cannot lay that many points

Penn St has not looked great

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Been leaning Penn St all week. Something telling me to not do it. One of those bad feelings in your gut. Dunno...maybe it was just lunch

sofranos
    sofranos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Michigan has a top notch receiver now. Pen st is given to much respect for a team that hasnt played a respectable top team. Its a lot of points.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Rachel MarcusESPN Editor

"Alumni Swirl" and "Peachy Paterno" are two of the flavors you can get at Penn State's creamery, which naturally has a line at 10 a.m. for the famed ice cream.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Rachel MarcusESPN Editor

"Alumni Swirl" and "Peachy Paterno" are two of the flavors you can get at Penn State's creamery, which naturally has a line at 10 a.m. for the famed ice cream.

you know I would love to say I love PS ice cream and it is good but it isn't great IMO.

but watching that team last night they may very well be able to score against Georgia and Alb. not probably win against Alb, but at least score some. and btw I am not writing about Albany. lol

and who the hell knows if P State stays healthy and maybe with the 10 to 14 they could cover, maybe even win. I like my chances with my future Heisman wager. Boy that kid is strong and good.

Ralphie Halves

Won my bet, but I still think Harbaugh takes UM to the playoffs in 2-3 years, and becomes a yearly contender there. You're short-sighted if you try and judge him solely on the team he has right now. Makes no sense.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Won my bet, but I still think Harbaugh takes UM to the playoffs in 2-3 years, and becomes a yearly contender there. You're short-sighted if you try and judge him solely on the team he has right now. Makes no sense.
    I do think it is legitimate to question him when it comes to playing good competition. The only good team he has beat at Michigan is Penn State last year. He has not beat a team that would have been considered an upset. The mark of a great coach is winning against good teams, not just cup cakes. They didn't belong on the same field as Penn State.

reigle9

PSU wasn't the least bit good last year when UM won. There were 7 starters out on D that game, there were 190 lb freshman and walk-ons playing lb. It was a joke that anyone took anything from it whatsoever.

Harbaugh blows. UM beat psu the first year they came to psu thanks to psu giving the game away, the game wasn't anywhere close to the final score. But I sat right behind the UM bench and harbaugh is as cuck as he looks. Literally EVERY play he'd aggressively cry to the officials. EVERY PLAY! He's a fukkin joke.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    I do think it is legitimate to question him when it comes to playing good competition. The only good team he has beat at Michigan is Penn State last year. He has not beat a team that would have been considered an upset. The mark of a great coach is winning against good teams, not just cup cakes. They didn't belong on the same field as Penn State.
    That's why I was on PSU. And I don't think it's legitimate to question any coach vs top competition in year 3 right after following a coach that all but dismantled the program. There are too many people here that just hate the guy, so they're trying to call him out for not beating PSU and Ohio State with a team that's not going to be there for a couple more years anyway. Makes no sense and exposes people's lack of patience and sensibility.

Hey, dig this shit up in a couple years. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I think UM will be consistent playoff contenders once you let a coach like that get his team where he wants it.

PhattDaddy204
    PhattDaddy204's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Too many points. I dropped the limit (at the time) on Michigan +11.5 when it came out Sunday night.

I love the number I got but there's plenty of value on +10 and I'd side with Michigan at anything over a touchdown to be honest. Michigan's defense is legit and it's going to be difficult for Penn State to pull away and post a double digit margin. Obviously Michigan's offense is lackluster, but they'll find a way to manufacture points and the D should at least put them in a few favorable positions.
    Biggest Mush on forum dropped limit on Michigan. When are you posting more plays?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by PhattDaddy204 View Post
    Biggest Mush on forum dropped limit on Michigan. When are you posting more plays?
    You must be jealous that I'm sharp enough to snatch up good lines that are current whereas you pull numbers out of your ass that are days beyond their expiration date. Everyone knows this.

Got Michigan +11.5 and the number closed at +7.5

Didn't work out as planned this time, but if you consistently beat the closer by four points you'll be on easy street... Something someone with a 14-19 record like PhaggDaddy wouldn't understand.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

That's why I was on PSU. And I don't think it's legitimate to question any coach vs top competition in year 3 right after following a coach that all but dismantled the program. There are too many people here that just hate the guy, so they're trying to call him out for not beating PSU and Ohio State with a team that's not going to be there for a couple more years anyway. Makes no sense and exposes people's lack of patience and sensibility.

Hey, dig this shit up in a couple years. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I think UM will be consistent playoff contenders once you let a coach like that get his team where he wants it.
    I hate him but can separate that from a coaching evaluation. His team in his 1st year was better than this year. He is regressing. They are an average team in year 3. Tons of talent at Michigan. I am not saying he is a bad coach, but he is going in the wrong direction.

PhattDaddy204
    PhattDaddy204's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    You must be jealous that I'm sharp enough to snatch up good lines that are current whereas you pull numbers out of your ass that are days beyond their expiration date. Everyone knows this.

Got Michigan +11.5 and the number closed at +7.5

Didn't work out as planned this time, but if you consistently beat the closer by four points you'll be on easy street... Something someone with a 14-19 record like PhaggDaddy wouldn't understand.
    I understand your biggest bet of year Michigan Lost. Squares like you all over Michigan that is why line dropped. I’m on the ground in Vegas. I know the ticket writers. They give me all the square action.

Eddie are you giving refunds to all who paid for your biggest play of year Michigan
    Last edited by PhattDaddy204; 10-22-17 at 12:25 PM.

First 12