daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Notre Dame -4 vs USC

Loser is all but eliminated from the playoffs.

Kind of like ND at home here. Currently -3.5 in some shops

who do you like here?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

USC although ND battled Georgia

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

I love notre dame here. They are legit. USC has been dodging bullets all year

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    I love notre dame here. They are legit. USC has been dodging bullets all year

they've played Temple, Georgia (loss) and Miami of Ohio at home....played at BC, Mich St & NC.....yeah their legit

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

All you can do is play the teams on your schedule. They blew out all of those teams and they arguably outplayed Georgia. We’ll see...

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    All you can do is play the teams on your schedule. They blew out all of those teams and they arguably outplayed Georgia. We’ll see...
    come on man....this isn't the NFL....THEY PICK THE NON CONFERENCE TEAMS THEY PLAY.....

ledjend
    ledjend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3109

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

they've played Temple, Georgia (loss) and Miami of Ohio at home....played at BC, Mich St & NC.....yeah their legit
    Last time I checked BC just won at Louisville and Michigan State just beat Iowa, Michigan, and Minnesota.

Every single ND win has been by 20+.

They are legit and will show it this week.
    Points Awarded:

nistohm gave ledjend 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by ledjend View Post
    Last time I checked BC just won at Louisville and Michigan State just beat Iowa, Michigan, and Minnesota.

Every single ND win has been by 20+.

They are legit and will show it this week.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

I'm waiting for themoroninos writeup before I make my decision

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

come on man....this isn't the NFL....THEY PICK THE NON CONFERENCE TEAMS THEY PLAY.....
    Every top team plays a soft non conference schedule. ND should destroy them. What is your fake bet on this game?????

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I still have this weird feeling that USC wins the national championship. I thought that and then they lost to Washington but I didn't realize how easy it is for them to win out and get back in the playoff talk

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

really like ND here

ND has impressed me with their running game and it's the best ND defense I can remember in recent memory

USC is overrated and was hyped up from last season's success against a weak Pac 12

ND by double digits

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    really like ND here

ND has impressed me with their running game and it's the best ND defense I can remember in recent memory

USC is overrated and was hyped up from last season's success against a weak Pac 12

ND by double digits

Jake I'll admit I've always hated ND as a University....from their holier than I bullshit, to their NBC TV contract, to the fact that they stayed a independent for years just so they didn't have to split bowl money to other schools that would be in their conference. Here's there defensive stats for this year....from the left its total yards, yards per game, total passing yards, passing yards per game, total rushing yards, yards per game and total points.....not very impressive for the teams they have played

45 Notre Dame 2194 366 1387 231.2 807 134.5 101 16.8

now not arguing the fact that USC's team D is any better (think their actual ranking is 90th) but have played a much tougher schedule,....USC has the 8th ranked offense in FBS averaging almost 477 ypg.....ND 33rd....also USC 0-5 ATS last 5 games....we all know how the law of averages works........should be a good game none the less

JAKEPEAVY21

Jake I'll admit I've always hated ND as a University....from their holier than I bullshit, to their NBC TV contract, to the fact that they stayed a independent for years just so they didn't have to split bowl money to other schools that would be in their conference. Here's there defensive stats for this year....from the left its total yards, yards per game, total passing yards, passing yards per game, total rushing yards, yards per game and total points.....not very impressive for the teams they have played

45 Notre Dame 2194 366 1387 231.2 807 134.5 101 16.8

now not arguing the fact that USC's team D is any better (think their actual ranking is 90th) but have played a much tougher schedule,....USC has the 8th ranked offense in FBS averaging almost 477 ypg.....ND 33rd....also USC 0-5 ATS last 5 games....we all know how the law of averages works........should be a good game none the less
    we will see how the game shakes out but strictly from my "eye test", this is the best ND squad and defense I've seen in awhile and have not been all that impressed with USC...factor in that USC has owned ND in recent history, I see it as a statement type win for the Irish.

My Dad is a ND grad and one of my good buddies is always telling me how much he hates ND for the same reasons you mentioned.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Not going to shit on SC or the Pac12. Not like who ND has beaten has been great outside of mich st. Darnold is what is giving me pause. Question is can they stop ND rushing attack? I’m not sure.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Not going to shit on SC or the Pac12. Not like who ND has beaten has been great outside of mich st. Darnold is what is giving me pause. Question is can they stop ND rushing attack? I’m not sure.
    I'm a west coast guy through and through and I'll say it, the Pac 12 is pretty weak overall.

ND's loss to Georgia is looking like a "good loss" and win over Mich St is looking better as well..

USC is wildly inconsistent and that head coach won't be there long..He is not a big enough name or glitzy enough, not to mention not that good of a head coach.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I am a USC grad and have seen more of these rivalry games than most of you have seen added up. The one thing that I have learned is this. Only a FOOL would wager on this game. The last 8 games have been split, 4-4. they are also 4-4 ATS. The home team has won the last 4 games. The visitors won the four games previous to that. It goes on and on. The one thing I would look for is the game going over the total, which currently is 64 1/2 points. Neither one of these teams has a very good defense.

JAKEPEAVY21

I did not realize that the last 8 games have been split and ND has won 3 of the past 5

regardless, I think ND takes this game

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

[QUOTE=JAKEPEAVY21;27286057]we will see how the game shakes out but strictly from my "eye test", this is the best ND squad and defense I've seen in awhile and have not been all that impressed with USC...factor in that USC has owned ND in recent history, I see it as a statement type win for the Irish.

Me thinks no one is going to change USCPHILLYGUYs mind on this ..... unfortunately this is a betting site and not a fan site and based on the eye test alone USC has been just-hanging-on and ND had looked very good in all 3 phases

My moneys on ND ..... oh and JUST to save USCPHILLYGUY some time .... I'll put on my own laughing guy icon

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol, winning in East Lansing is never easy and they lost to Georgia, a top 4 team, by 1 point. What the fuk has USC done, cover 1 spread against Stanford. Notre Dame's resume is more impressive. I think the value is on the over, but at 4 I'd only bet ND, USC had 19 injured players last week, 4 played.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Why is this line moving against ND?

Ive got this a -9 fair line in South Bend.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

USC always gives them a tough game, kind of a weird rivalry.

I'll take the +4 with the Trojans but doubt they win outright.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Why is this line moving against ND?

Ive got this a -9 fair line in South Bend.
    -9? Really?

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

I've been a USC fan since birth. Have been a season ticket holder for years. I'm not liking SC in this spot. They're beat up, and have had to play tough, physical games since basically the season started. They spent a ton of emotion coming back to beat Utah. ND is rested, at home, and I feel like the Trojans might get run here. Helton isn't a good coach. Tee Martin is a bad OC. The only thing I'll give the coaches is the kids like them and will not quit. (unlike previous teams/coaches)
    I hate ND. Can't stand Brian Kelly, he's a douche. With that said, I think this is set up nicely for ND and they win going away in the 4th. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my take on it.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

My first instinct with this game was that it should be relatively high scoring... I bet Over 60.5 on Monday.

My second instinct parallels what Bruce Norris just said. I think this is a great spot for Notre Dame to win and possibly do it going away. I would love to see this get down to -3, but even if it doesn't I'll probably just swallow the three and a hook and take the Irish.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Norris View Post
    I've been a USC fan since birth. Have been a season ticket holder for years. I'm not liking SC in this spot. They're beat up, and have had to play tough, physical games since basically the season started. They spent a ton of emotion coming back to beat Utah. ND is rested, at home, and I feel like the Trojans might get run here. Helton isn't a good coach. Tee Martin is a bad OC. The only thing I'll give the coaches is the kids like them and will not quit. (unlike previous teams/coaches)
    I hate ND. Can't stand Brian Kelly, he's a douche. With that said, I think this is set up nicely for ND and they win going away in the 4th. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my take on it.

great write up....where do you live in SO CAL

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Bian Kelly needs a big win, it’s been a while. I’m not confident he gets it here.

Bruce Norris

great write up....where do you live in SO CAL
    I live in Lake Forest, near Mission Viejo, Irvine. You? I don't come in here too often, usually just crack up at people in the Saloon. Used to post on other sites quite a bit, but time gets away from me now. Growing up and having a family is a pain.

I also think ND has a lot of talent. SC will have to sell out against the run, stack the box. Clancy usually doesn't do that. I think we can handle their WR's and the QB isn't very accurate. Stop the run and they can win this game. Sam can't turn it over either. If Porter Gustin plays, the defense will get a boost.

Bruce Norris

Just read Porter is out. Carr mostly likely out as well, which is a huge blow on offense. They're so banged up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s tough to take Notre Dame at -4

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    My first instinct with this game was that it should be relatively high scoring... I bet Over 60.5 on Monday.

My second instinct parallels what Bruce Norris just said. I think this is a great spot for Notre Dame to win and possibly do it going away. I would love to see this get down to -3, but even if it doesn't I'll probably just swallow the three and a hook and take the Irish.
    I think I like anything under 4 as well. What else you like this weekend, eddy?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It’s tough to take Notre Dame at -4
    I agree. USC has disappointed but they can run the ball.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

USC has 11 men questionable for the game tomorrow and no one who was listed as "out indefinitely" coming back.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    I think I like anything under 4 as well. What else you like this weekend, eddy?
    My biggest bet was Michigan +11.5 Sunday evening.

Other plays I had:

Miss State -10
    Alabama - 34.5
    Notre Dame/USC O 60.5
    Indiana +7
    Oklahoma State -7.5 (Better number available now)

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Brian Kelly is the coach of Notre Dame. Just let that sink in for a minute before you start smashing buttons.

12 Last