BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

These Head Coaching Jobs Should Open Up in 2018

My list of Head Coaching jobs that should open up in 2018. This does not mean that they will open up, but they should:

Arkansas: Bielema's offensive style does not win in the SEC. His record against SEC Opponents is 12-28 in 4+ years. He has to go.

Boston College: Addazio might survive for another year, but the fact is that B.C has NOT been a contender in the ACC for a long time. when your best seasons are 5 loss seasons, it is time to make a change.

Kansas: I know it is only year 3 for David Beaty, but unless they upset someone, Kansas is looking at a 3-33 record over those three years. This is simply unacceptable.

Nebraska: Another year 3 Head Coach who must go. Riley has never won a division championship, much less anything else. For Nebraska to have another 5+ loss season is inexcusable. The AD is already gone.

North Carolina: The wheels have come off at UNC. The best season Fedora has had was a 3 loss season, and this year 3 wins will be the best this team can do.

Pittsburgh: Two 8-5 seasons will be followed up with a potential 9 loss season. Narduzzi just never was able to take the big step for DC to HC.

Tennessee: Butch Jones. Enough said.

UCLA: Mora, like most UCLA head coaches, has run out of time. Last year's 4-8 record could be duplicated this season. Mora looks lost out there.

Temporary Reprieve for Texas A&M: Sumlin can save his job or lose it depending on how A&M finishes the season. He probably needs at least 3 wins to save it.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Agree with most of that. North Carolina is an interesting one. Larry Fedora made that program relevant again, albeit at a price. They just have no QB this year, you're kinda screwed in the ACC if none of your QBs can tie their own shoes. I think he stays, but I don't say that confidently.

Other coaches I think will go...

Matt Wells - Utah State keeps underperforming, and they're losing the recruiting battle to teams like UNLV and New Mexico.

Matt Luke - Just a placeholder at Ole Miss until they find who they want

Mike Riley - Probably not fair, since Nebraska fans are delusional, but he gone.

David Balliff - Always liked him. Made money off him. But his time has come.

Paul Haynes - Put this guy out of his misery already.

Whoever is at Oregon State - Even OSU can get a higher profile guy to come in if they want. The school has money.

Charlotte HC - Terrible team. Try something, anything else.

Kelani Sitake - Sitake is a neanderthal. I'm not going to go look for it, but there's a video out there of 6 HCs watching the 2016 National Championship and commenting on it. I almost went out and pounded the BYU under win total right after I finished watching it (and boy should I have), this guy's out of his league. BYU needs to hit the Damage Control button ASAP.

Blake Anderson - I only say this because I think he jets for a better job elsewhere. ArkSt has always been a stepping stone job anyway.

Tyson Summers - No brainer here, GaSo may get rid of him sooner than later. He made a critical mistake when he all but abandoned the option last year. Now he can't recover.

scot
    scot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6305

Pencil in Scott frost at Nebraska if he will take the job

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by scot View Post
    Pencil in Scott frost at Nebraska if he will take the job
    Would be a huge get for them.

1to1000
    1to1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1367

Bigfool don't post stuff you don't have a clue about. Worry about your wifey seeing other guys on the side.

PhattDaddy204
    PhattDaddy204's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by 1to1000 View Post
    Bigfool don't post stuff you don't have a clue about. Worry about your wifey seeing other guys on the side.
    She already left this nut job.