BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

When Does Butch Jones Get Fired?

There is no question that Jones will be fired, or at least there should be no question after debacle at home against South Carolina. Tennessee's offense has failed to score in 10 straight quarters now, and things do not get any easier. This week they get to go to Alabama. So the question becomes this. Do you fire Jones in mid-season, ala Les Miles, or do you suffer out the season and hope that your recruiting is not damaged any more than it already is. If I am the A.D. at Tennessee, I am already on the phone talking to the assistant that I want ass my interim head coach.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15066

How much is the buyout?

The right move might just be to keep him on all season. Tennessee doesn't have the talent to get to recover that record and get to a decent Bowl game anyway, regardless of coach. Just save money, and spend the rest of the year taking your time to find the right man for the job.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The problem for Tennessee is recruiting. With the early signing period, is it easier to sign a kid that knows that you are in the process of finding the best HC that you can find, or is it easier to keep what you have, and let the kid wonder if he will be back or not.