RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Saturday CFB, and an NHL dog.

Florida -2.5 I think A&M is getting way over played here. I have my number on this one at -4 so I'll take anything under a field goal.

Washington -17.5 I don't normally like to lay this kind of wood but Arizona St. will have trouble keeping this within 4 touchdowns. They simply are over matched on both sides of the ball. I have the Huskies -28 here.

I was looking at one more CFB game but don't think the number I want is going to get there, although it is flirting with it. I would love to get West Virginia at -3. Texas Tech is being over played also (Must be a Texas thing today). Anyway, if you can get WV -3 at -110 you should be doing back flips.

Now onto my new venture into the NHL. I just started looking at some sophisticated numbers and decided to try to find underdogs that can control the puck and also skate with it more times in the offensive zone than their opponents. I don't know if this is going to work as back testing is nearly impossible with this. But, it makes sense to me if I can take underdogs and hit 50% with these type teams. Maybe, hopefully.

I'm not saying play these, enter at you own risk as this is very new to me and there isn't any back testing. Only one today and it is:

NY Islanders +130 With the return tonight of some cat name Clutterbuck it looks like NY will control the puck for the better part of 55% of the time according to the saber numbers. So at a dog price this gives this play a chance to hit more than it fails, or so it seems.

Good luck today guys, especially if you follow the hockey play, lol. I'm in

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Alright man, F-it. Tailing Islanders for a unit. I'm playing Buffalo as a dog on the West Coast as well. At least one of the 2 has to hit, right?

Don't F-me on this one.

Always interesting to see your plays. Watch some hockey if you really never have much. You'll like it (especially the higher scoring games) and will help with capping. Just to throw out a couple things, take a look at Face-Off win percentage (gains possession from face-off) and of course Power Play and Penalty Kill stats since scoring comes on Power Play man advantage. Also, the 5-on-5 stats (non-penalty) - the best teams always have the best 5-on-5 goals scored vs goals against.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    Alright man, F-it. Tailing Islanders for a unit. I'm playing Buffalo as a dog on the West Coast as well. At least one of the 2 has to hit, right?

Don't F-me on this one.

Always interesting to see your plays. Watch some hockey if you really never have much. You'll like it (especially the higher scoring games) and will help with capping. Just to throw out a couple things, take a look at Face-Off win percentage (gains possession from face-off) and of course Power Play and Penalty Kill stats since scoring comes on Power Play man advantage. Also, the 5-on-5 stats (non-penalty) - the best teams always have the best 5-on-5 goals scored vs goals against.
    Thanks I'll try to find some solid stats on the things mentioned

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I’ll tail the islander play

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

One college game I like is USC -13 at home vs Utah. USC admitedly has trouble covering spread. But Utah has QB injury and clearly SC is the quicker and more physical team. Buying points to get the spread to SC -11 could make sense. SC doesn't lose at home jusst a question of how many points they can wrack up. Darnell may not be the hottest QB since Johnny Unitas but if his secondary receivers step up this could be a solid win.

RangeFinder

Not a very good day other than WV and the Islanders

Sun comes up tomorrow and I'll be ready although NFL boycott is still intact