Duke Fan
    Duke Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9801

Help please!

Went to bed last night thinking I had won an 8 team 6 point NCAA teaser, only to find out Cincinnati game was postponed at end of 3rd quarter. My open leg was over 53 which was over at the half. Now I have an open leg in a 7 of 8 teaser going into next week. First glance I like Florida St - 1 at Duke. The whole board is open and I need one 6 point winner. Sure could use some opinions. Thanks

Team - Teaser (Open) - Moose 6 Pointer CFB*

Memphis*-8½*Win

W Michigan/Buffalo*o43*Win

Marshall*-9*Win

Wake Forest/Clemson*o41½*Win

San Diego St*-3½*Win

Middle Tenn*-3½*Win

UL Monroe*-½*Win
    *Open Spot

$75.00$1,200.00

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The game was not postponed. It was declared an official game at the end of the 3rd quarter. Does your book have some type of time limit?

Duke Fan

Not postponed but game cancelled in bet because they did not play 55 minutes. Similar to baseball runline and total bets if game does not go full game.
    Last edited by Duke Fan; 10-08-17 at 08:31 PM.

ChiTownTeaBagger
    ChiTownTeaBagger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2959

Three winners: Wazzou, NCST, and MSST. Pick one.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

Ohio State will be a blow out in Lincoln. Skers are horrible. Pts are only 24. Should be 34. Skers will be lucky to get 2 FG. And any team playing Ga.So

ChiTownTeaBagger
    ChiTownTeaBagger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2959

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    Ohio State will be a blow out in Lincoln. Skers are horrible. Pts are only 24. Should be 34. Skers will be lucky to get 2 FG. And any team playing Ga.So
    NMSU playing at Georgia Southern and about 8 point fave. Agreed on OSU.

Duke Fan

Thanks

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    How did Ohio State lose to Oklahoma the way that they did? Agree Nebraska is bad. BUT they should have been up 10 at the half against Wisc. The OVER in that game looks like a winner to me. I LOVE Wash State.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Auburn -1
    Air Force -1.5

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

am i understanding this correctly? the cincy game was OVER the over/under but it didn't finish......... i've always wondered about this stuff but it sounds like cancelled bet no matter if the OVER has already hit.

could have same situation with cancelled game and season long win/totals where the UNDER or OVER has already hit but they aren't playing the specified schedule so no bet.

as per games, washington has the ability to destroy arizona state on road - it's friday..... i also saw someone saying WSU is a lock vs. cal. that's friday night... i tend to like both

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i would not do ohio state myself...

and i would not do too big a spread as favourite........ i remember when oregon was favoured by 35-40 all the time. they covered alot but usually not by much. basically with large spread games they may be 50% to bet but the ATS results will be skewed towards big covers by the underdog.

i realize that probably counters my earlier advice of washington vs. arizona state..... i hadn't thought of the skew before posting it.

same thing with betting the UNDER on high total or OVER on low total. lots of room for it to hit, esp. the UNDER on highish total.

sorry if i have misunderstood things.

MikeyD323
    MikeyD323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Dude, if you dont take any team thats -6 in the teaser to 0 and then bet the +6 team on the ML the other way and guarantee yourself some nice $$$ on a $75 bet, you are the dumbest wagerer in the planet. Hedge and guarantee yourself $$$. Be smart. You're welcome for the solution

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD323 View Post
    Dude, if you dont take any team thats -6 in the teaser to 0 and then bet the +6 team on the ML the other way and guarantee yourself some nice $$$ on a $75 bet, you are the dumbest wagerer in the planet. Hedge and guarantee yourself $$$. Be smart. You're welcome for the solution
    I wouldn't put more than $200 on the ML hedge though. Hitting the teaser is still the primary objective and you'd like that to pay out as handsomely as possible. Hedging with 2 bills still leaves the original $1200 payout with an even grand, and would provide reasonable compensation if the teaser were to lose.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD323 View Post
    silly logic. if you are gonna hedge the last game then you should have done a 7 team teaser. why would u pay vig twice.