Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Vanderbilt upset alabama?

Will Vanderbilt upset bama? Vanderbilt has held their opponents to 7 points or less this year. Including kansas state who is no slouch. I think 18.5 points is just too much for bama to cover on the road. Iam i missing something here? Any other pointers would help me decide to take Vanderbilt +18.5

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

They will not upset Bama.

biglance68
    biglance68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1652

Ha ha ha

russellm9
    russellm9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3275

Hell no...

BobbyFinstock
    BobbyFinstock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

No my friend, just no.

They will not beat them straight up. While KState is "no slouch", they sure as hell are not Alabama either.

Look at that game closely.

• Vanderbilt had just 270 yards of total offense against KState. Not Alabama. Kansas State.
    • Vanderbilt ran for just 65 yards.
    • Vanderbilt had just 11 first downs to KState's 13.

The difference in that game was turnovers.

Game was tied in the 4th quarter, and KState threw an INT that was returned to their 33.

This stat is the one that should convince you.

Vanderbilt had a total of 10 possessions in the game that were considered "scoring" drives, that is they were not trying to run out the clock, or take a knee.

They punted 7 times. It gets worse. 5 of those punts were 3 and out. All 7 were 5 and out. At one time, they punted on 6 straight possessions, totaling just 21 plays. That is horrific.

Maybe the +18 is a winner, but anyone betting the ML is emota-betting and doesn't look at numbers or research games.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Vandy is a team on the rise. Their Offense has been challenged for years. They will start the game off battling with Bama. I feel Saban will establish a ground and pound attack to open things up for a struggling Hurts. Bama pulls away in second half.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    Vandy is a team on the rise. Their Offense has been challenged for years. They will start the game off battling with Bama. I feel Saban will establish a ground and pound attack to open things up for a struggling Hurts. Bama pulls away in second half.
    Please explain what you mean bama pulls away in second half? Does that mean they win the game and the point spread or just win the game?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Stop.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

There is no doubt who wins this game. The only question is who covers. With the exception of last season, 'Bama is a .500 team ATS. This season they are 1-2 ATS. Vandy has no offense to speak of. 'Bama is in a very good situational position here, going 10-0 ATS vs opponents off two or more SU/ATS wins. Tough to give a decent team 18 1/2 points at home, but I can see 'Bama wearing Vandy out in what may be a rather boring game. The question is how many points, if any, will Vandy score.

Capitols44

I have good indication that if Vanderbilt does not expose Alabama someone else will.Perhaps when bama plays Auburn.Then Alabama will show how weak they really are. I would say michigan would roll the doors off of Alabama if they played them.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Stop.
    Stop what ? Stop saying how weak Alabama really is. No sir.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    There is no doubt who wins this game. The only question is who covers. With the exception of last season, 'Bama is a .500 team ATS. This season they are 1-2 ATS. Vandy has no offense to speak of. 'Bama is in a very good situational position here, going 10-0 ATS vs opponents off two or more SU/ATS wins. Tough to give a decent team 18 1/2 points at home, but I can see 'Bama wearing Vandy out in what may be a rather boring game. The question is how many points, if any, will Vandy score.
    If bama was so good they would have won the pointspread against Colorado state.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    Stop what ? Stop saying how weak Alabama really is. No sir.
    Thats because that was SEC big boy football against the big 12. To answer your question no Vandy will not beat Bama.

jtoler

If bama was so good they would have won the pointspread against Colorado state.
    No, bama always play conservative against teams like that, its a time for working on things. You think they are out there thinking about point spreads?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I have good indication that if Vanderbilt does not expose Alabama someone else will.Perhaps when bama plays Auburn.Then Alabama will show how weak they really are. I would say michigan would roll the doors off of Alabama if they played them.
    Michigan? Really? Michigan will finish 3rd in the Big 10 East. They would finish 3rd in the SEC West ad the Pac 12 South. Michigan is a dcecent team, but very over rated, just like their coach who has never won a Championship of any kind in College is. The over rated Big 10 will be very lucky to get a team into the playoffs this year.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

I think Bama will cover.
    Please explain what you mean bama pulls away in second half? Does that mean they win the game and the point spread or just win the game?

BreesIsTheGOAT
    BreesIsTheGOAT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Why do I feel dumber after reading this....good lord

BobbyFinstock
    BobbyFinstock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Somebody is drinking too much.

Capitols44

So how good or bad is Alabamas defense ? Alabama who is ranked number 1 in the ap poll has a 309.3 in opponents yards per game. Michigan has 208 in opponents yards per game. Im making a statement now Michigan would win against Alabama if they played them today.

Capitols44

If any team can knock off Alabama its auburn.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Better chance JJ shows up in his next video with wavy locks of blonde hair

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If any team can knock off Alabama its auburn.

Theres nobody left on their schedule who will. Mississippi State maybe? Auburns offense looks bad. Georgia maybe if their offense improves? All would need quite a few Alabama miscues. Blown coverage, muffed punt, something.

jtoler

1 2 3 4 t
    ala 21 10 21 7 59
    van 0 0 0 0 0

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24681

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post

1 2 3 4 t
    ala 21 10 21 7 59
    van 0 0 0 0 0

So in other words Bama covered the entire game spread in both the first and third quarters ALONE.

Vandy is still Vandy and that happens to be light years away from Alabama.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    So in other words Bama covered the entire game spread in both the first and third quarters ALONE.

Vandy is still Vandy and that happens to be light years away from Alabama.
    Yup, no contest. Vandy had 78 yards of total offense while Bama ran for 496 yards.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

I fell for Vandy covering in this game as well. Boy was I wrong. I should have known Bama was looking for blood when they had a players only meeting this week. They called it a come to Jesus meeting after Saban came out and said that there was no alpha dogs on the team. Which basically meant that the entire team was soft and nobody would take over as a leader. They were embarrassed after last weeks 4th quarter defense and came into this game licking their chops.

Unfortunately, I put money on Vandy before said meeting.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I fell for Vandy covering in this game as well. Boy was I wrong. I should have known Bama was looking for blood when they had a players only meeting this week. They called it a come to Jesus meeting after Saban came out and said that there was no alpha dogs on the team. Which basically meant that the entire team was soft and nobody would take over as a leader. They were embarrassed after last weeks 4th quarter defense and came into this game licking their chops.

Unfortunately, I put money on Vandy before said meeting.
    No shame in that really, Bama has a tendency to be kinda ho hum sometimes even while dominating, Im sure nobody saw this result coming really. I hardly never bet Bama games as I didnt touch this one, too unpredictable, but I knew they wouldnt actually lose the game.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Vanderbilt had 3 first downs in this game. THREE. That's only 3 more then the Nashville Rotary Club had, who didn't even play. Alabama had 38 first downs.

Vanderbilt never ran a single play in Alabama territory the entire game, and never crossed midfield in any capacity.

Alabama out gained them 677-78.

Funny thing is, they'll probably be incredibly undervalued on the road next week in Gainesville playing Florida when they'll be getting 15 to 17 pts.

jtoler

Spread shouldnt be that high, but Ill be looking to take Vandy at anything over 7, prob small bet. If 10 a little bigger.