Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

WTF? Vandy, UK and Miss State are all 3-0

The last time all 3 teams started 3-0? Try 1911. Unreal.

Can you imagine if they are all 4-0 next week? That would mean.

Vandy beat Bama
    UK beats UF
    MSU beats UGA

Could the little 3 beat one of the Big6 SEC teams? Vandy's defense is ranked higher than Bama's. Maybe the earth is flat

Mac4Lyfe

All 3 teams are dogs this week.

Vandy +18.5, +710
    UK +2.5, +125
    MSU +6.5, +230

MSU looks like a bullshit alert to me. I think the wrong team is favored here. I'm all over MSU. I think Vandy covers easily as well.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I doubt if Vandy can upset Alabama, but Kentucky and Mississippi State have solid chances against Offenseless Florida and Georgia. As far as the spread is concerned, all three dogs have a good chance of covering.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

BigDaddy called it. said the SEC East was wide open. that's 2 of those teams...

i've forgotten to check...... is steve johnson or drew barker qb for kentucky?

i posted this elsewhere but miss state is #1 team in country based on power rating that only analyzes this year's games... power ratings in general would still connect quite substantially to pre-season values - especially with so many major team game cancellations.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

College analysts need to evaluate teams more on tv, talk about the O and D lines instead of just mainly skill positions because when teams lose people are shocked because all they mainly see is the name of that team and think how could they lose to such and such. State dominated LSU, beautifully coached game by the Miss. St. squad.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15952

Kentuckys run defense is vastly improved as is their overall D. They have a shot against Florida but if I'm betting this game I'm looking at the under because both teams have stout defenses.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    College analysts need to evaluate teams more on tv, talk about the O and D lines instead of just mainly skill positions because when teams lose people are shocked because all they mainly see is the name of that team and think how could they lose to such and such. State dominated LSU, beautifully coached game by the Miss. St. squad.
    BINGO!!! Key to capping football. Ignore the dip sh!ts on TV and start with the injury reports on the guys up front.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Be careful lumping Georgia in with the rest of the rudderless SEC East offenses. They can run the ball and have some play makers. Defense is 2nd best in the SEC to Alabama and shut a Notre Dame team down that's otherwise put up 500 yards of offense a game. I'm usually skeptical on Georgia but that team has some players on it this year
    Last edited by daneblazer; 09-19-17 at 12:00 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Jay. The TV clowns cater to their perception of what they think the people in TV land want to hear, NOT what may be the truth. You are totally correct, as is A4K. how long have I been preaching in here about the fact that Orgeron cannot win the big games? Sure LSU will beat Syracuse and Troy, and should beat Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and A&M, but what about the games at Florida and Alabama? Fading LSU and taking what ever the ML is for the opponents is like a free spot in Bingo.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Be careful lumping Georgia in with the rest of the rudderless SEC East offenses. They can run the ball and have some play makers. Defense is 2nd best in the SEC to Alabama and shut a Notre Dame team down that's otherwise put up 500 yards of offense a game. I'm usually skeptical on Georgia but that team has some players on it this year
    PFF Individual SEC Defensive Grades through Week 3
    Per PFF (Vinnie Ronca, @PFF_Vinnie)

Top Graded LBs
    1. Otaro Alaka (A&M) (86.5)
    2. Keith Holcombe (BAMA) (84.3)
    3. Skai Moore (USC) (84.2)
    4. Oren Burks (VAN) (83.8)
    5. Roquan Smith (UGA) (83.7)

Top Graded S
    1. Armani Watts (A&M) (87.6)
    2. Ryan White (VAN) (87.3)
    3. JR Reed (UGA) (86.3)
    4. Zedrick Woods (OM) (84.6)
    5. Josh Lidell (ARK) (84.0)

Top Graded CB
    1. Levi Wallace (BAMA) (89.5)
    2. Andraez Williams (LSU) (88.0)
    3. Duke Dawson (FLA) (87.8)
    4. Jeremiah Dinson (AUB) (86.9)
    5. Rashad Fenton (USC) (86.5)

Top Graded DT
    1. Jefferey Simmons (MSU) (87.3)
    2. Da'Ron Payne (BAMA) (85.4)
    3. Dante Sawyer (USC) (85.3)
    4. Rashad Brandon (MIZ) (83.0)
    5. Trent Thompson (UGA) (82.3)

Top Graded Edge
    1. Lorenzo Carter (UGA) (86.7)
    2. Josh Allen (UK) (86.5)
    3. Jachai Polite (UF) (84.8)
    4. Jabari Zuniga (UF) (84.3)
    5. Darrell Taylor (VOLS) (82.4)

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14

Mac4Lyfe

KLC - that Texas A&M/ Arky game is huge for one those head coaches. Sumlin and Big Bert are both on scorching hot seats. I think the loser might get fired Monday morning.