BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Showdown Saturday #1

Lots of great games this Saturday. Here are just a few:

Big 10: Michigan @ Purdue. A nothing game at the start of the season, this game now takes on some importance with a Michigan team that is still young and needing a lot of work on their offense against a Purdue team that can move the ball. No doubt this will be hyped as the biggest home game for Purdue in (pick your number) of years.

Penn State @ Iowa. Both of these teams are 3-0. Penn State looks like the real deal. Iowa, not so much. The game is in Iowa and the Hawkeye's are the type of team that love to pull home dog upsets. Watch the line here.

Big 12: TCU at Oklahoma State. The first real test for the offensive powerhouse that is Okie State. TCU will have to be at it's best defensively to challenge in this game. Patterson is very good in these situations.

SEC: Bully @ UGA. The battle of the SEC Bulldogs sees Miss. State and their solid defense coming off a butt kicking of LSU, going to Athens to test the running game and Freshman QB of Georgia, who also has a good defense. Watch the Total here.

Florida @ Kentucky. Florida, coming off a miracle win that hopefully gets Tennessee HC Butch Jones fired, travels to Kentucky, a place where they really lose. The catch is that Kentucky is 3-0, coming off a solid win at South Carolina, and has a good defense of their own. A battle in the SEC Least.

Pac 12: USC @ Cal. This is not a misprint or a mistake. Both teams enter this game undefeated. This is the first away game for USC. How much did Texas take out of them. Cal's defense is doing enough to allow their offense to win games for them. They are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games against USC.

Washington @ Colorado. A huge revenge game for Colorado, after the 41-10 beating at the hands of UDub in last seasons PAC 12 CC game. Both teams are 3-0 and neither has really looked impressive against much lesser talented opposition. The best defense wins this game.

Other games to watch: Alabama @ Vanderbilt. Another battle of 3-0 teams. Alabama has a tough defense, but Vandy has given up only 13 points in 3 games. The line should be very interesting. UCLA @ Stanford. Somebody's season is over after next Saturday Night. UCLA can score but has no defense at all. Stanford needs help on their offense. Notre Dame @ Michigan State. Have the Irish finally found their offense? Is Sparty really back? They are 2-0 but have played two softies.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

I'm very interested to see the Michigan @ Purdue game. That one has upset written all over it, but nobody would be surprised if the Wolverines showed up and won by 20 either. If I had to guess, I'm saying oddsmakers make Michigan -8.

The other two of high interest are ND @ Sparty and Cowbells @ Georgia. Nick Fitzgerald looked great last night but stringing together consecutive performances against great defenses, and on the road this time, will not be easy.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

There are a lot of 3-0 teams playing each other this week. I am in Vegas (you should have seen what happened when Florida won yesterday and covered by 1/2 point) and delayed my flight back to California just to grab some action on the opening lines. I think that this week may be one of the most critical weeks of the season. Michigan-Purdue is certainly on the list.

Eddy Munny

I don't think Okie State really gets tested until their three-game gauntlet starting in late October when they play @ Texas @ West Virginia and then host Bedlam.

Eddy Munny

Early lines show Michigan -10 and Notre Dame -4

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Early lines show Michigan -10 and Notre Dame -4
    Liking Sparty +4 a lot. Anything you hitting early?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Liking Sparty +4 a lot. Anything you hitting early?
    Yes, I jumped on W. Virginia -20 (bought a half point). The line has already moved substantially.

Also NC State +12 and USC -16

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

Okl. St-no problem with tcu!

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Yes, I jumped on W. Virginia -20 (bought a half point). The line has already moved substantially.

Also NC State +12 and USC -16
    Yeah I jumped on wvu also. Watched a lot of Kansas since I've faded them the past two weeks, wvu should name their score

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The problem I have with West Virginia is that their defense is not the most solid around, like just about all Big 12 defenses. Kansas can ut up points. I really worry about a back door cover by Kansas. I grabbed Kentucky +4 vs Florida in Vegas yesterday when it opened. I am looking for the line to drop to under 3 so I can middle 3 in that game. If not, I have just lost some vig.

I am waiting for the Georgia-Miss. State line to go to UGA -7 1/2. Miss. State is the only team in the SEC West that can challenge Alabama. They get the Tide at home after a warm up against UMass while Alabama is coming off a home game against LSU. Miss State plays at Georgia this week, then at Auburn the following week. After that, they should be able to run the table, IF they get past these next two away games.

San Diego State suddenly finds themselves with a shot at going to a New Years Day bowl game after their stunning upset of Stanford. They go to the Air Force this week where they are 3 1/2 point favorites. State is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 against Air Force, who played well against Michigan last week.

If last week is any indication at all, there is a chance that more USC fans show up for their game against Cal in Berkeley than Cal fans. Cal had maybe 15,000 fans show up for their upset win against Ole Miss last week.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

great writeups, thank you........ you should write for a commercial site.

alot of funny upstart teams this year............ other years there have been many 3-0 teams but often just weak schedule.

i thought cal had pretty good attendance/support in general. maybe people are too busy preparing for "free speech week"

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Yeah I jumped on wvu also. Watched a lot of Kansas since I've faded them the past two weeks, wvu should name their score
    Yeah I figured getting WV early would payoff but now I'm seeing -20 -110 at a lot of books after seeing an initial surge to -22.5 or so. Oh well, I see this game being similar to the Virginia Tech & East Carolina game last Saturday. I'd be somewhat worried about a backdoor cover if the line was -30 but at -20 I feel like the Mountaineers are safe. Grier could probably throw for 10 touchdowns in this game if he wanted.