2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    As simple as it sounds, when it comes to handicapping, there is nothing more important than predicting points scored and points allowed.

Unless you're dealing with high vig props, the sides, moneylines and Totals all focus on points.

Start your handicapping there, then build upon it. The QB is only part of the equation.

Lol no doubt. If ya can predict the score you should be good!! like you said simple but I honestly don't think many do this, should be number 1 priority to figure out and project a pace to determine how many plays/possessions each team will have, then look at the matchups to determine how many yards to expect to determine how many drives will end in points how many fgs/tds/punts. Certainly not a simple process but the logic certainly is and a exercise everyone capping the games should try..

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Very True!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Cousins problem is he lost his deep threat and he terrible in red zone.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    Very True!
    Eventually I think skins will be fine cause Pryor projects as a better red zone target than either of the 2 guys they lost.. really don't think they will lose ability to move the ball between the 20s, have to remember like the falcons skins lost their playcaller this offseason as well, matter fact they playing his team this week. Stuff just takes time to work out and cousins been historically slow starter up to this point in his career. they def need one of the youngsters to emerge as a deep threat to take the top off the defense tho, not many better in that role than Djax who now gonna be a huge addition to Tampa.

I guess the only question will be is cousins simply the problem in the red zone? It a fair question as windows tighten up and defenses stiffen it pretty much what seperates the good from bad these days where any capable offense can move it between the 20s.. could be why skins so reluctant to give him his long term deal..

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Watch the games it comes down to the quarterback goddamnit
    Simien played good on mnf.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

So who's it gonna be JJ ? Dalton or Watson ?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    Simien played good on mnf.
    To a extent. He made plays and moved the ball but he threw several really bad ones that was very fortunate didn't get picked, the most blatant should have been a easy pick 6 if corner doesn't get caught up thinking about his td dance before letting it bounce off his chest.. his oline did him no favors as chargers ends were all in his grill..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Daulton tonight vs who?

Both bad so tough to make a play?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Daulton tonight vs who?

Both bad so tough to make a play?
    Watson.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

going with the ginger

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    going with the ginger
    Terrible timing for Texans to have to play this short week shitfest. Trying to incorporate new qb and they got beat the fukk up last Sunday! Still 6 points a tough lay.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

like 1st half better

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    like 1st half better
    Makes sense Sammy.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Is Jared Goff gonna be good in that new offense or is the colts d that bad???

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Is Jared Goff gonna be good in that new offense or is the colts d that bad???
    Little bit of both.

He will have moments throughout the season but he gonna struggle this week as skin will cause way more problems for him than colts Sherman soft d.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Watson.
    I think Im on the other side ..... I watched plenty of Clemson football last year , Watson is gonna be a bust . He had a dominate receiver that he just eye balled and threw it up to , if he wasn't open he took off running it ... The guy doesn't go through his progressions at all . Thats not gonna work in the NFL .... Dalton won't have 5 int's ...maybe 2 lol That will be enough to win the game by 14

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Watson better than Daulton

Houston better defense

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Insightful post JJ...never thought of looking at QBs, I normally just flip a coin.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    I think Im on the other side ..... I watched plenty of Clemson football last year , Watson is gonna be a bust . He had a dominate receiver that he just eye balled and threw it up to , if he wasn't open he took off running it ... The guy doesn't go through his progressions at all . Thats not gonna work in the NFL .... Dalton won't have 5 int's ...maybe 2 lol That will be enough to win the game by 14
    Oh I wasn't choosing Watson!! I thought he was asking which qb was gonna play savage or Watson, I was just stating who was starting for Houston not who I liked, don't like either but I'd agree right now obviously the ginger.

I see what you saying last week he locked in on Hopkins and never moved his eyes off him. Luckily for him bungals don't have anyone who can lock Hopkins down so he should be ok just throwing it up to him all night! I'd guess he throws more picks than the ginger tonight.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Guys. Your going about this all wrong. Punt coverage team is all you need to cap. Specifically the gunners. Capping that leads to a 64.92% correlation to teams covering. It's math guys.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Skilled players,team speed and the kicking game! ESP.if you are going under a low total....the punter..yes,the punter very important !!

First 12