thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Massive fail by the NCAA

Two great finishes literally at the same time Sunday night. A whole fukkin Saturday that sucked. Shouldn't they have at least been like at 7 and 8pm?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Or 5:00 and 8:00. Not rocket surgery

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I did not even watch

Too consumed with tennis
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Otters27

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Or 5:00 and 8:00. Not rocket surgery
    I didn't know they operated on Rockets...

As far as the time schedule. It is by design and based on the intentions to have money flow and have money at risk.

Your time schedule does not fit into that market design.

The NCAA, TV Networks, and anyone else who needs to be involved in schedule and schedule changes did exactly what they were supposed to do Sunday. There was a midterm holiday weekend settlement and the bettors did not get a chance to see one result before the next game.

Live bettors thought they could work around that design, but on Sunday they were misled, as everyone saw, and each game came down to the wire.

It couldn't be any other way.

They don't play the games for the fans, they play it to a specific audience and the rest of the world getting a great game is just a benefit.

It could be a shitty game, everyone will still watch next week.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Who the fuk actually watches college football
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave pilebuck13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Philmill gave pilebuck13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Who the fuk actually watches college football
    College kids and the old generation that graduated from college and grew up with Nationalistic pride. It means something to these guys. They live vicariously through the games and action.

And then there are the bettors...the majority of which fall into the paragraph above, but not all. Not the winning bettors.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Yah idk I watch Seahawks Mariners on occasion and that's probably about it...mostly Disney channel or sprout I only have 1 tv

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Love college football and basketball, pro sports is becoming too political and just fukin stupid. I think last night was great. I was flipping back and forth after UCLA started making that comeback. I think it was good for NCAA not a failure.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I could write a long one regarding the psychology of the fans and how it is exploited by the markets.

Remember, the best sports bettor will have the major in psychology and the minor in math, not the other way around.

Of course, no degree necessary, but I'm trying to convey the order of importance.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

it seems like a no-brainer to separate the start times by up to 60 minutes......

but i don't understand some of the comments with an "inner game of betting" feel. like this is some giant conspiracy/intrigue fostered by the bookies. surely, bookies would love games to start at as many different times as possible so they customers can churn their bankrolls more

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i wonder if it's that neither network wants to air at a later time than the first game. so they both want to go at same time. like some sort of nash equilibrium.

bigbubbafade
    bigbubbafade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2456

So there's like a hundred college games every weekend and this chick wants every game staggered?

Sounds good with me.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

If that's Good Football, I can't imagine what you consider a good game. One with hard hits, tackling,coaching a score that doesn't resemble basketball. Good game? What a bunch of panty waist. No wonder the game is the way it is. You people are perfectly happy with the product.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    ...surely, bookies would love games to start at as many different times as possible so they customers can churn their bankrolls more
    Transaction churning of bankrolls is not a problem for the books. They get action worldwide, all the time.

Uncertainty in the marketplace, on the other hand, keeps the bettors gambling.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Yah idk I watch Seahawks Mariners on occasion and that's probably about it...mostly Disney channel or sprout I only have 1 tv
    How the Mariners doin?