thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State -8

I like Ohio State -8. Oklahoma's defense is built to play in the big 12, they are small and quick with most of their talent in the secondary where they return 6 of 7 starters, but Oklahoma will start a redshirt freshmen at LB and several new defensive linemen against an Ohio State offense that is built on the read option. Ohio State is young in the secondary but they have one of the best defenisve fronts and should be able to keep Mayfield in the pocket, which worrked last yearr.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

OU alumni here. I would also take Ohio State. I feel like they're about 10 points better.

OU has a championship caliber offense and a good secondary but their front seven is a big question mark. You're 100% correct with your assessment. OU's defense is built for the Big 12.

OU might put up some points but their defense could easily give up a lot of points. Ohio State should have success running on OU.

The big matchup I want to see in this game is OU's offensive line against Ohio State's defensive line. Many analyst think OU has the best o-line in the country and a lot of people also think Ohio State has one of the top d-lines in the country.

I see this game being really close and staying within a touchdown but Ohio State will probably get a score in the forth to put it out of reach.

Another factor is that you have a first year 33 year old coach coaching his first road game at the Horseshoe against Urban Meyer. That is not a recipe for success.

If OU covers or wins this game it will be because Barrett played like trash and turned the ball over.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OU alumni here. I would also take Ohio State. I feel like they're about 10 points better.

OU has a championship caliber offense and a good secondary but their front seven is a big question mark. You're 100% correct with your assessment. OU's defense is built for the Big 12.

OU might put up some points but their defense could easily give up a lot of points. Ohio State should have success running on OU.

The big matchup I want to see in this game is OU's offensive line against Ohio State's defensive line. Many analyst think OU has the best o-line in the country and a lot of people also think Ohio State has one of the top d-lines in the country.

I see this game being really close and staying within a touchdown but Ohio State will probably get a score in the forth to put it out of reach.

Another factor is that you have a first year 33 year old coach coaching his first road game at the Horseshoe against Urban Meyer. That is not a recipe for success.

If OU covers or wins this game it will be because Barrett played like trash and turned the ball over.
    I've heard about this epic Oklahoma offensive line as well, but Ohio State probably has the best defensive line in the country with Alabama, and I think the game being a road game will give that defensive line a nice edge.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I've heard about this epic Oklahoma offensive line as well, but Ohio State probably has the best defensive line in the country with Alabama, and I think the game being a road game will give that defensive line a nice edge.
    Yeah, I don't think OU's o-line will dominate. I do think they'll got toe to toe with them though.

Still, this is a tough game for OU.