Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow Purdue gave louisville a run for the money. I expect a big win from them next weekend . Anybody know what a good guess to what the pointspread will be against ohio?

DaveAaron
    BEST In-Game Capper On Earth
    DaveAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

were gonna have to wait till week 3,

this is a top 12 team as it stands today

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    Wow Purdue gave louisville a run for the money. I expect a big win from them next weekend . Anybody know what a good guess to what the pointspread will be against ohio?
    7.5-9. Didn't watch the UL game but Ohio usually bring a scrappy team that can hang around.

DaveAaron
    BEST In-Game Capper On Earth
    DaveAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

i wish they were hosting Texas.... dammit#% a Mac team 60 pt winner playing with momentum team confidence uNREAL, SMH,

Da Phoenix
    Da Phoenix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6784

No disrespect but Purdue isn't as good as you might think if you were watching the game Louisville fumble 2 times inside the 5 yard line and suppose to have fumble a 3rd time which Ref didn't reverse. This game was more Louisville being shitty then Purdue being good.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by Da Phoenix View Post
    No disrespect but Purdue isn't as good as you might think if you were watching the game Louisville fumble 2 times inside the 5 yard line and suppose to have fumble a 3rd time which Ref didn't reverse. This game was more Louisville being shitty then Purdue being good.
    Exactly

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Purdue is on the path to being good, but not this year. They should be much more competitive though - looking to back their overs and TT overs (esp this coming Friday vs OU). They could make a legit challenge for a bowl in 2018 in year two of Brohm.

My two cents, Maryland is the team that i think will surprise in the Big Ten this year while Illinois still looks to be the 2017 consistent fade material from the Big Ten.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Purdue is on the path to being good, but not this year. They should be much more competitive though - looking to back their overs and TT overs (esp this coming Friday vs OU). They could make a legit challenge for a bowl in 2018 in year two of Brohm.

My two cents, Maryland is the team that i think will surprise in the Big Ten this year while Illinois still looks to be the 2017 consistent fade material from the Big Ten.
    rutgers?.......... great minds think alike, i was on maryland/rutgers tail and illinois fade before week 1 .... minor fade on minnesota too but that's probably more after week 1

purdue being pretty good comes out of nowhere for me except that 1) qb and coach i think are good; 2) not sure they were completely horrible the last couple of years. just very few wins. they weren't like rutgers.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Let us not overlook the fact that the entire ACC was rather crappy yesterday. Purdue came close, but close is not a win. Cal, a team picked to finish dead last in the Pac 12 North, defeats UNC AT UNC. Florida State has no offense at all. Louisville obviously has no defense. N.C. State cannot defeat South Carolina, and Pitt has to go to OT to defeat Youngstown State. So let's try to keep things in their proper prospective. One week mean nothing, unless you are talking Top 5.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    rutgers?.......... great minds think alike, i was on maryland/rutgers tail and illinois fade before week 1 .... minor fade on minnesota too but that's probably more after week 1

purdue being pretty good comes out of nowhere for me except that 1) qb and coach i think are good; 2) not sure they were completely horrible the last couple of years. just very few wins. they weren't like rutgers.
    Agree that Rutgers is worthy of consideration now whereas they weren't last year. Difference between them and Maryland/Purdue this week was consistent QB play. Rutgers will keep things low-scoring against better teams and i'll be looking for unders with them for the time being until they get consistent QB play but if they do, they'll be a solid value just like Maryland (generally look to back coaches in year two, and Maryland/Rutgers fit that; conversely, first-year coaches are more likely to struggle on at least one side of the ball, so not as bullish about Purdue, Minnesota, Indiana). Lovie Smith is in year two at Illinois, but i'm not so optimistic about theml

I think that Minnesota will come around, but they played over their heads last year and i don't think that Fleck has the speed outside on offense yet to do what he'd like to do offensively.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Basically when you are talking about teams like Maryland, Rutgers, Minnesota, Purdue, and Indiana, you are talking about teams just hoping to get to 6-6 so they can get into a bowl game. The big problem is that they have to play each other and they really have no chance against the Big 3 Eastern Conference teams and Wisconsin. Northwestern, Nebraska, and Iowa can also be very difficult. Even Michigan State covered yesterday, and there were many people who thought that they would not. Notice I did not mention Illinois. They are just terrible. They could not cover against Ball State at home. They also have major recruiting problems, and Lovie will just make that worse. The Big 10 will be a challenging Conference to figure out this season.