gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

All 3 Alabama QB transfers are back-ups?!?!?!

this just seems hard to believe.................... were they all cleared (injury, academics, transfer etc.) to start for their teams?

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/3...ended-back-ups

Blake Barnett, David Cornwell and Cooper Bateman all ended up transferring from Alabama last year. Barnett ended up at Arizona State, Bateman went to Utah and Cornwell ended up at Nevada.
    And none of them are the starting at their new school.
    All three quarterbacks were highly touted coming out of high school. Barnett was the biggest name to transfer, as he did it during the season. The Sun Devils went with Manny White in their opener, which they won, barely. Barnett did throw three passes in back-up duty.

OP: i would add that Maryland's former #10 QB in country transfer didn't play today and they had 2 QB's playing.

Max Browne was terrible for Pitt .....

not sure if Damien Williams (name? ex-Auburn) is going to start for Texas State....

Rutgers transfer QB was good

gojetsgomoxies

harris was crapppy at UNC too..... williams did play - not well, but not horrilbly - for texas state...........

gojetsgomoxies

http://247sports.com/Article/Ranking...-2017-52939659

this will require a deep dig....

but here are the top 22 QB transfers...........

WV
    AUB
    hous
    pgh
    asu
    ec
    cm
    nc
    fl
    ts
    bay
    kan
    fau
    nev
    orst
    tuln
    conn
    ok
    ill
    frst
    sdsu
    cinn

i have work to do as not all these transfer QB's played ....... i have these teams at 4-17 ATS with OrSt losing twice..... many huge ATS misses, not sure there was one huge ATS win.......... ATS winners = nevada, fresno, tulane, ok... note: i thought ok was a returnee so i have to check that one.

gojetsgomoxies

note also that at least 2 of these teams haven't played yet.

gojetsgomoxies

note that list - that i didn't create - doesn't have rutgers, maryland, utah all of which had high profile transfers although only 1 played

no idea why alabama qb would transfer to utah who had team captain as returning QB and very highly rated recruit - now sophomore - pushing him.

gojetsgomoxies

ok, rutgers was on original list. i just didn't transfer it over. so 5-17 ATS...

gojetsgomoxies

nebraska = transfers and ATS loss......... ATS 5-18

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Bateman's from Utah originally, prob wanted to be closer to home anyway seeing he'd have to wait to play at Bama.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Bateman's from Utah originally, prob wanted to be closer to home anyway seeing he'd have to wait to play at Bama.
    thx. i didn't know that...

doing my work on who didn't play. there don't seem to be as many as i thought....

didn't play so far = asu, nevada, ok, illinios....... need to check fau, conn, cinn....