Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any thoughts on this game ? So Nick Saban has lost against FSU before. When Bobby Bowden was coach. Jimbo Fisher has been a pretty good coach .Maybe im a bama homer but i dont like betting against bama in an opening game. I like Alabama to win by 3 touch downs.
    Last edited by Capitols44; 08-28-17 at 11:51 AM.

Gamblinmann
    Gamblinmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 107

In their last 5 openers, 5-0 SU and 4-1 ATS. Giving the best HC in the game a whole summer to prepare is an advantage. I learned my lesson last season. I did not think Bama was as good as the previous year and I paid little attention as they went 10-4 ATS. Not making that mistake this season. ROLL TIDE!

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Bama probably wins big, but I may play FSU (2nd best team in country) money line since it will probably be the only time this year you get FSU as a big dog.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Florida State is nowhere near the 2nd best team in the country. Ohio State is much better. FSU may not even win their Division in the ACC.
    I will be surprised if they make the playoff. They will lose at least two games, and that is enough to keep them out.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Bama probably wins big, but I may play FSU (2nd best team in country) money line since it will probably be the only time this year you get FSU as a big dog.
    You do realised that you just contradicted yourself with that comment. If you put money behind your picks you should be confident in them. FSU will not be the second team in the country if they get beat.
    I never bet on a game based on a line . I always bet if they are going to win or not. Think of it like this if alabama was a NFL team you probably pay -600 or more. FSU gets their butt handed to them.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Florida State is nowhere near the 2nd best team in the country. Ohio State is much better. FSU may not even win their Division in the ACC.
    I will be surprised if they make the playoff. They will lose at least two games, and that is enough to keep them out.
    Who do you expect to win the ACC ?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47610

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    Any thoughts on this game ? So Nick Saban has lost against FSU before. When Bobby Bowden was coach. Jimbo Fisher has been a pretty good coach but has a starting rookie QB. Maybe im a bama homer but i dont like betting against bama in an opening game. I like Alabama to win by 3 touch downs.
    FSU QB Francois started every game last season.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    FSU QB Francois started every game last season.
    Sorry my mistake i was thinking of last season.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

My initial thought has always been to lay 6.5 with Bama here, but Im not a fan of Sarskisian. I think Bama will regress with him.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Clemson. They play FSU at home. It also happens to be both team's last Regular Season Conference game. Even if FSU wins the ACC, a loss to Alabama plus one more loss to anyone will eliminate them from the playoffs unless the Champion from one of the other four conferences have 2 losses or more, and that is very unlikely to happen. If Ohio State is any indication, ANY one loss team has a better chance of getting into the playoffs than a two loss team.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Clemson. They play FSU at home. It also happens to be both team's last Regular Season Conference game. Even if FSU wins the ACC, a loss to Alabama plus one more loss to anyone will eliminate them from the playoffs unless the Champion from one of the other four conferences have 2 losses or more, and that is very unlikely to happen. If Ohio State is any indication, ANY one loss team has a better chance of getting into the playoffs than a two loss team.
    i agree with this quote

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

I have been a Buckeye fan my whole life. I was NOT in agreement with us going to the playoffs. You play in conferences for a reason. If your conference Champions are not going, NO way should the 2nd place team go. WTF happened to football. Back in the day if someone would of said you were league champions, but we were better at the end of the season, you would have been told so fockn what! I like the young talent FSU returns. It is up to who's QB works out the best. Can Clemson pull a Hat trick and have 3 talented QBs in a row ? Should be interesting.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Watch out for nc state. Obviously not fav or anything but they have a whole mess of talent on that team.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    I have been a Buckeye fan my whole life. I was NOT in agreement with us going to the playoffs. You play in conferences for a reason. If your conference Champions are not going, NO way should the 2nd place team go. WTF happened to football. Back in the day if someone would of said you were league champions, but we were better at the end of the season, you would have been told so fockn what! I like the young talent FSU returns. It is up to who's QB works out the best. Can Clemson pull a Hat trick and have 3 talented QBs in a row ? Should be interesting.
    all this is decided by the college football commitee which is rigged. Dont be suprised if oklahoma wins against ohio state and winds up in the playoffs this year because former oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops decided to join the College football commitee this year. WINK. WINK. Could this be a real conspiracy ?

Capitols44

Alabama offensive cordinator
    Brian Daboll has done pretty well hes been with the new england patriots before.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Lets bet against the National Title Fav to Start the season....errr no...

jtoler

Alabama offensive cordinator
    Brian Daboll has done pretty well hes been with the new england patriots before.
    That guy's bio looks like everything just fell out of the sky for him.

jtoler

I forgot Sarski is gone, err. So Daboll gonna be calling plays huh, better than Sarski I bet. Feel more comfortable now.