Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are there any college football out of confence opponent teams from the power 5 that you plan on betting on that lost last year and looking to win a revenge game ? I really think Oklahoma can pull an upset on ohio state this year but im concerned because bob stoops left. Please if you guys can list some good potential revenge games that could be upsets this year.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

The Buckeyes have a Revenge game the first week. It doesn't qualify for what you are looking for, it involves two teams from the same conference. Indiana's team has to want to fight like hell against a coach they claim made them play hurt. They ran him out of town and he landed on my teams door step. The Offensive coordinator for the Buckeyes is the man the Indiana kids want REVENGE on. It won't take a pregame speech to get these kids ready to play. Just something to think about before you bet on my Buckeyes. Indiana kids will be ready!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The term "revenge" game is so widely used now that it is meaningless. If team "A" lost to team "B" last season, and is playing them again this season, that is a revenge game for team "A". If they have lost twice in a row, it is a "double revenge" game.

Gamblinmann
    Gamblinmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The term "revenge" game is so widely used now that it is meaningless. If team "A" lost to team "B" last season, and is playing them again this season, that is a revenge game for team "A". If they have lost twice in a row, it is a "double revenge" game.
    You have to put "revenge" in it's proper context. My capping version is when team A embarrasses team B and the following year, team B still has most of the players who were there for the asz whipping. The key here is team B makes a huge leap from the game they got thrashed.

Also, throw in the fact that many of team a's best players are now gone and Team B might have the better talent. I have seen this scenario play out over 50 times over the past 2 decades. I just believe revenge will be a key motivator for CSU. Or I could be wrong so we shall see.......

ZINISTER

Personal Revenge is by far the larger of the two motivators. Due to the circumstances I am referring to, it is without question, a huge motivator for Indiana. Totally agree with OSU kickin' the shyt out of Sooners last year is a cappers term for Revenge. Just giving ya what I know.

ZINISTER

As far as CSU vs. Buffs, you better hope the QB for Colorado can't connect with wide open receivers. Your D-backs are horrible! Might want to take a better look at their game against Oregon St. I understand they were loading the BOX. But, when having to cover in man, they just get burnt.GL

Gamblinmann
    Gamblinmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    As far as CSU vs. Buffs, you better hope the QB for Colorado can't connect with wide open receivers. Your D-backs are horrible! Might want to take a better look at their game against Oregon St. I understand they were loading the BOX. But, when having to cover in man, they just get burnt.GL
    No debate there. The Ram secondary is their weakness. However, I'm not sold on Montez. I have seen him good and I have seen him bad. He has a consistency problem. My bet is solely on the Ram offense. The ONLY time that offense will have a problem is playing someone with a top corner man who can limit Gallup. The Buffs do not have that. That makes this CSU offense unstoppable. Might have the best RB rotation around with 4 guys. A bevy of skill players all with good hands. Plus, that Stevens guy ain't bad.

JMF2479
    JMF2479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Very true. In first quarter. O st QB overthrew his WRs several times.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Colorado State will be very lucky to score a point against Alabama. As far as their RB rotation being that good, USC's 4 man rotation is 10 times better than Colorado State's and SC may not have the top RB's in the Pac 12. Colorado State's RB would not come close to being ranked in the Top 20 in the nation. Also remember that while Colorado State showed some real progress last season, their S/U record against ranked opponents is 0-20. Let's cut the homer posts down. A loss to Colorado can basically kill their hopes of a good season. Colorado is picked to finish 4th in the Pac 10 South, so we are not talking about a real good team here. Just get the win. Take the games one at a time. Maybe you can get something better than the New Mexico Bowl this season.

Capitols44

The Buckeyes have a Revenge game the first week. It doesn't qualify for what you are looking for, it involves two teams from the same conference. Indiana's team has to want to fight like hell against a coach they claim made them play hurt. They ran him out of town and he landed on my teams door step. The Offensive coordinator for the Buckeyes is the man the Indiana kids want REVENGE on. It won't take a pregame speech to get these kids ready to play. Just something to think about before you bet on my Buckeyes. Indiana kids will be ready!
    There is no way I can bet against the buckeyes the first week of the season. Playing the first game of the season is like making a first impression you never get a second chance to do it again diffrently because each game is diffrent with changes in players, weather,coaches,injuries. Winning the first game of the season brings momentum like a snowball going down a hill.

Capitols44

I dont count a double loss from a team as a revenge game. If the team has lost twice in a row I call them losers and time to fade them and board the fade train. choo !choo!

ZINISTER

Don't blame you for liking them! I don't see the line going down. Might want to act soon and get it at 20.5.GL

Capitols44

Colorado State will be very lucky to score a point against Alabama.
    I disagree with quote. Colorado state could atleast be good for a first half bet against bama.

Capitols44

Don't blame you for liking them! I don't see the line going down. Might want to act soon and get it at 20.5.GL
    Well i just might have to buy some extra points here but I dont mind. Although BigdaddyQ probably does not recomend it.Had he just bought a few points on the USF game he would have been sitting in the winners circle instead of complaining about how bad two can tuna fish coach Charlie Strong is.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Personal Revenge is by far the larger of the two motivators. Due to the circumstances I am referring to, it is without question, a huge motivator for Indiana. Totally agree with OSU kickin' the shyt out of Sooners last year is a cappers term for Revenge. Just giving ya what I know.
    tOSU also has Oklahoma on deck. Doubt they look ahead from a night time conf game for a season opener but certainly think Ou is on back of their minds.. I played the over as I think Hoosiers should be capable of scoring some points on a secondary replacing 3 1st round draft picks!! I'm sure eventually that unit once again be a strength but I'm of the belief when you lose that much talent off a unit it gonna take little time to figure things out.

ZINISTER

Looks like you and a few others are on the Over in the OSU/Ind. game. It is on a steady climb. GL