gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

shocker from utah: troy williams beaten out at QB

very surprising although i think utah's offense last year was joe williams - correct name?? - coming out of the student body at large to play amazing tailback.

tyler huntley has beaten him out. sophomore... florida's mr football.

pardon my laziness but i didn't check to see if we have miscellaneous news thread..... if we don't we should

Riders23
    Riders23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

It's been discussed, people don't seem to think its a big deal for some reason. Most likely have never played football before and don't understand how hard it is to replace an above average returning starting qb thats a team captain.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17040

Quote Originally Posted by Riders23 View Post
    It's been discussed, people don't seem to think its a big deal for some reason. Most likely have never played football before and don't understand how hard it is to replace an above average returning starting qb thats a team captain.
    he wasnt above average. he averaged 212 passing ypg with 53.1% completions and 18 ypg rushing with a 2.1 average. i doubt there are many qbs worse than that.

when major applewhite got replaced that was ridiculous though.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Joe Williams didn't come out of the student body. He was a high level rb that retired, then Utah had a bunch of injuries so he came back.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Will probably be in a bowl, but won't do sh*t in the Pac-12. Easy win for my Trojans.

Riders23
    Riders23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    he wasnt above average. he averaged 212 passing ypg with 53.1% completions and 18 ypg rushing with a 2.1 average. i doubt there are many qbs worse than that.

when major applewhite got replaced that was ridiculous though.
    Then you don't follow college football very well. He was definitely above average.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Williams problem is, and always has been, consistency. His play in the 2nd half of the season, losing 3 out of the last 4 games, caused Wittingham to lose confidence in him. The change waws expected because of Williams in ability to scramble, Tyler Huntley's ability to scramble, and Utah having to replace four starters on their Offensive line, needing a QB that can move.