ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

When are NOTallowed to make a wager?

We have had this discussion before. In college football when wagering on Teasers, if the Line multiplied by 3 exceeds the Total the books do NOT allow you to tease the two together. Is this practice the Norm? My friend said it is 2.5 X the Line not 3. Which is it and is it the Norm?

ZINISTER

It only makes sense for it to be 2 1/2 times the Line. Just not sure of the stipulations. My local book is going to implement this starting this year. Just making sure he is not doing it wrong before hand.

ZINISTER

Shocked I am being ostracized. Any white loving brother want to help the cause? You can message me. I don't want you to be grouped with me.lol

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I rarely, if ever, play teasers but I have seen hundreds of teaser cards in Vegas, and I have never seen any combination on a card refused. If it is on the card, you can play it. I have seen games where the Total is not on the card. That is a lot more common than people realize. Maybe this is the way Vegas gets around this situation. Remember, the lines and totals are basically set for every game in the season BEFORE the season actually starts. By doing this, all the lines maker has to do is adjust on a weekly basis, and normally those adjustments are not more than 1 or 2 points.

ZINISTER

I have friends that bet online and they are refused when they tease the SAME game. Let's say the line is 28pts and the total is 50. They are not allowed to tease them together. If you tease up to 34 and down to 44. There are other examples that are even closer. I will look at this weeks lines and get back with a better one then that.(maybe)You have never heard of that?

ZINISTER

Kent St./ Clemson-The line is 39 1/5 the total is 50 1/2. Go up to 45 1/2 on the line and down to 44 on the total. See my point?

ZINISTER

That's why I think the rule of thumb is if the (Line X 2 1/2) exceeds the Total it can't be teased together. Just trying to find out exactly what the rule is before the season gets under way, because my book took a hit on teasers last year.