ChiTownTeaBagger
    ChiTownTeaBagger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2959

"Special Teaser" Question

A friend of a friend is running a pph site and there is a "3 team special teaser" that teases 10 points at -130. Usually I stick to straight bets and the occasional ML parlay (in addition to my win total bets), but since there isn't an FAQ section on the site, I'm wondering if this is another name for a sweetheart teaser? Have any of you guys heard of this before? He's in Europe for the next two weeks, so I can't exactly reach out to him to find out what this is.

Thanks!

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Don't have a clue. Sounds like a sucker bet. As is most teasers. I just can't stay away form them totally. I always think I see an edge. What I am actually seeing, is a hot girl that only wants a drink. That's why they call em teasers.

ChiTownTeaBagger

Haha thanks, man. I'm going to try to stay away too. We'll see how that goes. BOL this year.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Same to you! When teasing try to use your points to cross KEY numbers. Ex. multiples of 7 and 10. If you are going to take the points and it is 9. You tease it up and cross two key numbers 10 and 14.(good time to tease)Think about how the game is scored it will help you utilize the points you are using much better. Bet the Overs when the games are 70 and up. Usually have a descent shot at them. The handicappers know both teams have nothing defensively or they wouldn't set the Total that high. The games are usually complete track meets. They only way they stay under, is if the player with the ball trips running to the end zone a half dozen times or if they are turning it over.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

A 3 team 10 point teaser is quite common in Off Shore books, because they need all the action they can get. They have different names, but all have the same set up. 3 team, 10 point teaser at -130. These teasers hit at about 50%, so at -130, the book makes a nice profit.

ChiTownTeaBagger

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    A 3 team 10 point teaser is quite common in Off Shore books, because they need all the action they can get. They have different names, but all have the same set up. 3 team, 10 point teaser at -130. These teasers hit at about 50%, so at -130, the book makes a nice profit.
    Understood. I guess my question is whether you think they're sweetheart teasers (tie is a loss as opposed to reducing) or if it could be something else?

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTeaBagger View Post
    Understood. I guess my question is whether you think they're sweetheart teasers (tie is a loss as opposed to reducing) or if it could be something else?
    At Bookmaker, a tie is a push (bet refunded) assuming the other legs win. They wait to grade it until it's complete. It's also -120...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTeaBagger View Post
    Haha thanks, man. I'm going to try to stay away too. We'll see how that goes. BOL this year.
    Don't stay away just save them for NFL where the points far more valuable. I've never thought much of teasing college as far more likely the spread is crushed (which buries teaser) than in NFL.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Don't stay away just save them for NFL where the points far more valuable. I've never thought much of teasing college as far more likely the spread is crushed (which buries teaser) than in NFL.
    How much more likely? Is it worth playing alternate lines at better odds?