hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

NCAAF is upon us fellas...Anything popping out early?

Love this time of the year .....$$$$....peace
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave hugh_morris 11 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CarolinaDaze gave hugh_morris 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No I didn't even look at 2 days before I start studying

Gamblinmann
    Gamblinmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by hugh_morris View Post
    Love this time of the year .....$$$$....peace
    Yep, opening week is definitely the best time of year. I gotta case of Stella and some snacks all ready to kick back Saturday afternoon and watch Colorado St destroy Oregon St. I would expect to be half in the bag by the time South Florida hangs 50+ on SJS.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

After the first few weeks most guys will be broke will bet everything They have including family money

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 275256

utah st +28 1/2 and +29

Gamblinmann

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    After the first few weeks most guys will be broke will bet everything They have including family money
    Hilarious!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Lil Cuser has popped back to life thinking about the return of football.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Other than the Hawaii-UMass game, I do not see any very close games.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

On Hawaii.

Cuse0323

Don't sleep on UMass. They have built a decent program.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

need some locks to lay down some coin on at Aria Sept. 2.....

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Agree, their TE is great.

I think Hawaii pulls it out at the end, though. One of the better Hawaii teams in the past few years. Coach Rolovich has them going in the right direction.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Station View Post
    Agree, their TE is great.

I think Hawaii pulls it out at the end, though. One of the better Hawaii teams in the past few years. Coach Rolovich has them going in the right direction.
    Definitely should be an interesting game to see where each program is. I think the UMass D will be ready, as the Hawaii O may have to work the kinks out. UMass can run the ball, and slow the game down. Still, it's a toss up. I won't be on it, so hope you win. BOL.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Hawaii-UMass should be an interesting game. It is basically a toss-up game, but I give the edge to Hawaii, simply because they have the better players. If Hawaii can improve on defense, and stop taking all of those penalties, they should win this game without too much of a problem. UMass just does not have the talent.

Mike2332
    Mike2332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

WTF Are you guys talkin about !!!!

UMASS has without question not built a decent program........They went 2-10 last season - with 1 win coming against FCS Wagner.........Granted they had a tough schedule but not a decent program.

Before last season they were an awful MAC team.

Perhaps they will improve into a decent program soon but nothing indicates that yet.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2332 View Post
    WTF Are you guys talkin about !!!!

UMASS has without question not built a decent program........They went 2-10 last season - with 1 win coming against FCS Wagner.........Granted they had a tough schedule but not a decent program.

Before last season they were an awful MAC team.

Perhaps they will improve into a decent program soon but nothing indicates that yet.
    Eh, if you wanna just look at records, that's fine. They have to show it on the field. I get it. Cuse went 4-8, and is pulling in kids that SEC schools, FSU, and Miami wanted.

Maybe I should have said they are building a decent program. Keyword, decent. Same difference. Adding quality players however they can, and a good coach. I pay attention to them because of Jordan Fredericks. Former Cuse RB, who unfortunately left.

Gamblinmann

When I first saw this game, every fiber in my being screamed "BET HAWAII"! Then I regained sanity and remembered every time I bet on the Rainbow Warriors when they came to the mainland ended up in disaster. I think this is their best team in a while, however, they have to prove it to me before I risk my hard earned cash on them.

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

I'm liking the over in the Colorado State Oregon State game.

Mike2332
    Mike2332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Eh, if you wanna just look at records, that's fine. They have to show it on the field. I get it. Cuse went 4-8, and is pulling in kids that SEC schools, FSU, and Miami wanted.

Maybe I should have said they are building a decent program. Keyword, decent. Same difference. Adding quality players however they can, and a good coach. I pay attention to them because of Jordan Fredericks. Former Cuse RB, who unfortunately left.
    I am also a Syracuse guy........They are for sure on the rise.......Not sure what they see in Strickland......Liked Moe Neal better but I guess he is a WR now........ ...I think that defense makes huge strides.....I really thought they had a shot at winning 6 and go to a bowl game but injuries on the O-Line scare me....

Gamblinmann

Quote Originally Posted by D Med View Post
    I'm liking the over in the Colorado State Oregon State game.
    Well personally, I'd love for CSU to cover the over all by themselves.....

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

yes, I like Syracuse a lot this year

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2332 View Post
    I am also a Syracuse guy........They are for sure on the rise.......Not sure what they see in Strickland......Liked Moe Neal better but I guess he is a WR now........ ...I think that defense makes huge strides.....I really thought they had a shot at winning 6 and go to a bowl game but injuries on the O-Line scare me....
    They get the ball out pretty quick and Dungey can move, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I think Syr is a good team for overs until Vegas catches up. UNLV, Colorado and Colorado St are both teams I'm looking for overs on too.

I'm still on Hawaii as far as early games go. I don't see anything super positive about what UMASS is building, but I love what Hawaii is doing. I have them winning over 4 games this year too, so if they can pull it off this week, that bet is as good as won.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The problem with Syracuse is twofold. First, they simply do have a lot of talent on this team, returning or not. I agree on the overs, if Vegas does not go crazy. Syracuse has already lost two starters and a 2nd string back up on defense, and the season has not started. Next, the schedule is a killer. All 5 away games look like sure losses. Clemson at home gives them 6 sure losses without a slip. That means that Syracuse must go 6-0 the rest of the way at home to become eligible for a bowl berth. Pitt, Wake, and Middle Tennessee state may have something to say about that.

For the life of me I do not understand why the line on Hawaii-UMass is now UMass -2. Certainly people MUST know that the fact that the game is a 6:00 pm local time start is not a big deal for game #1 on the season. Hawaii will have plenty of time to adjust to the time difference.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

I did the same thing. Travel on the first week of the year won't be to taxing. Rainbows have NOT lead me to a Pot of Gold in years past. I think they have great chance to win some games this year and this is one of em. They always have heart. GL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinmann View Post
    When I first saw this game, every fiber in my being screamed "BET HAWAII"! Then I regained sanity and remembered every time I bet on the Rainbow Warriors when they came to the mainland ended up in disaster. I think this is their best team in a while, however, they have to prove it to me before I risk my hard earned cash on them.

Riders23
    Riders23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Travel may not matter the first week, but it did matter when UMass traveled to hawaii at the end of the year last year and they barely lost at the end of the 4th quarter after leading the entire game. Both teams have relatively the same talent returning. Its a non-bet for me, but if I did bet it would be UMass no question. Too many other good games to put money on.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

In the UMass-Hawaii game I like the over. Both have enough talent retained on offense to have a similar score line as last year's game

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Definitely should be an interesting game to see where each program is. I think the UMass D will be ready, as the Hawaii O may have to work the kinks out. UMass can run the ball, and slow the game down. Still, it's a toss up. I won't be on it, so hope you win. BOL.
    Hawaii run game gonna punish umass smallish front.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by Riders23 View Post
    Travel may not matter the first week, but it did matter when UMass traveled to hawaii at the end of the year last year and they barely lost at the end of the 4th quarter after leading the entire game. Both teams have relatively the same talent returning. Its a non-bet for me, but if I did bet it would be UMass no question. Too many other good games to put money on.
    Like, three other games...four if you count the BYU game.