Mike2332
    Mike2332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Southern Miss - Marshall

I like 2 teams very much

Southern Miss Under 7 6 Units
    There is no way this squad wins 8 games and very unlikely they win 7.....Their 4 year starting QB Nick Mullens is gone and thats a big loss..Mullens was very effective averaging over 300 YDS, throwing 63 TDS / 24 INTS and over 63% the last 2 seasons.....Looks like Keon Howard will replace him who in 3 games threw 1 TD / 4 INTS at a 44% clip.....That with losing 3 starters on O-line and all of their backups will prove to be huge losses....They will struggle putting up points.....On D they lost 2 out of 3 of their best players, Poole and Bradley.....To me nothing points to this team being as good as last years team who just won 6..They will not be able to put points on the board like they did last season......They need to replace 4 of their top 6 tacklers. Wont be nearly as good as they were last year and will be a middle of the pack CONF USA team at best.........This year 5 out of their last 7 games are on road..

Sept. 2 - KENTUCKY L

Sept. 9 - SOUTHERN W
    Sept. 16 - at ULM W
    Sept. 23 - Bye
    Sept. 30 - NORTH TEXAS* W
    Oct. 7 - at UTSA* L
    Oct. 14 - UTEP* W
    Oct. 21 - at Louisiana Tech* L
    Oct. 28 - UAB* W
    Nov. 4 - at Tennessee L
    Nov. 11 - at Rice* ?
    Nov. 18 - CHARLOTTE* W
    Nov. 25 - at Marshall* L

I gave them wins VS Charlotte and North Texas which is generous considering they lost to both last year with a better team than they have

this year.

Marshall over 5 wins 6 Units
    Really like Marshall to make huge improvements this season....Their defense was bad last season but with 6 of their 8 top tacklers returning plus 2 transfer LB's coming in from Miami, FL and Bama this "D" should be greatly improved....On offense their running game will be much better with a more EXP. O-Line......Their QB Chase Litton is top 3 in their CONF and he has 2 transfer WR's coming in from Miami, FL and UCLA and should make this a very dangerous passing unit which will only help improve the run.....There is no reason this team cannot win 6+ games and be the most improved team in their CONF. and one of the most improved in the country.

Miami, OH ?

@ NC ST L
    Kent ST W
    @ Cincy ?
    @ Charlotte W
    Old DOM W
    @ Mid Tenn L
    FIU W
    @ FL ATL ?
    WKU L
    @ UTSA ?
    South MISS W
    I see 5 probable wins and just need 1 of the 4 ? games

Also 2 Units on LSU UNDER 9 Wins & 2 Units TExas OVER 7.5

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Charlotte and North Texas will be worse than last season. Rice is in a bit of a mess, returning the entire offensive line, and no one else on offense. They are also very thin when it comes to raw talent. Southern Miss has a rather talented defense. They should be good enough to win those three games, plus at least four more. You fail to take into consideration just how bad some of these teams really are.

Marshall has major issues on their team. The chemistry is just terrible. The defense is just plain bad. It does not matter how many starters return when the fact is that they have no talent. Add on the fact that Marshall only had 16 turnovers last season and led the conference in 4th down conversions, two things that will probably not happen again, this team has a lot of work to do to get to 6 wins, which is what you need to win the wager. It is quite possible that Marshall loses all 6 away games.

Bottom line. Both of these wagers are toss-ups to me. They may win, lose, or push. I think there are many better wagers than this available.

Mike2332

Already looking like a lock 3-0 on futures...Both Marhall and LSU ended up being 3U plays unfortunately.....BUT thatz some ez money

Mike2332

Bad call on marshall bdhq

Mike2332

Bad call on southern miss and that "talented" defense but i will give you a break....I put weeks of research into those plays while you were simply responding on the spot