seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Who was the last long shot pre season Heisman winner???

Derrick Henry comes to mind and Mark Ingram. For some reason I like Sam darnold Darius Guice this year, with a long shot of the UCLA qb.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

seaborne you seem to win a lot of futures

but no one bumps your losses

so maybe that is why it seems you are up a million dollars

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

how far can UCLA go ?

LSU will need to win the West

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Heisman winner comes Out of USC

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Derwin James, he will make Jabrill Peppers last years stats look like a fukin joke

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Heisman winner comes Out of USC

Cardinals01
    Cardinals01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6827

Last long shot to win the Heisman was last year with Lamar Jackson. This year possibly Francois or Faulk.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals01 View Post
    Last long shot to win the Heisman was last year with Lamar Jackson. This year possibly Francois or Faulk.
    That's right. He was 100-1 at one point last year. Good recall. Andrew Luck and deshaun Watson finished runner up twice without winning. Unreal

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

it seems tons of heisman finalists come out of relatively nowhere........... someone like phil steele has huge lists of potential candidates but then there are still finalists who aren't on those list.

someone like sam darnold is interesting. seems like such an obvious and popular choice BUT he will need good stats and an almost undefeated team. effiicent winning QB i don't think gets it done.

ChiTownTeaBagger
    ChiTownTeaBagger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2959

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals01 View Post
    Who is Faulk? Or did you mean Falk from Wazzou? Either way, can't see it happening.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Darnold is a good heisman candidate besides the obvious reasons because USC's defense is garbage every year. No defense line and mediocre secondary - look at the Penn State game. Darnold should have great talent around him, but should also need to put up great stats because the defense likely won't be that good and the Pac-12 is definitely the second best conference for defense after the big 12. Jackson benefitted from how bad the defense was, he always needed to keep passing even in the 4th quarter.

Cardinals01

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTeaBagger View Post
    Who is Faulk? Or did you mean Falk from Wazzou? Either way, can't see it happening.
    Meant to say Falk, apologies. It's a long shot but it's a name I was throwing out as I think he has potential.

For ThoMorino - For the comment about Jackson, if anything he benefited from a terrible offensive line and being forced to run because the d-line was in the backfield as soon as the ball was snapped. Louisville statistically had a Top 20 defense last year, the last 3 games of the year the wheels fell off for everything. Having to pass in the 4th quarter is not correct, his crazy stats came the first 7 games of the year when Louisville was usually was at least 20 at half.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Jameis

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Can't make this up Lamar was 250/1 last year.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Can't make this up Lamar was 250/1 last year.
    Can't make this shit up. Deshaun Watson should have won it last year. Pinball numbers for Jackson against Syracuse and little sisters of the Poor, and jack shit against LSU and Houston. Deshaun Watson won his division, conference and the National championship. And I am not bitter that I had a chunk of Deshaun Watson to win the Heisman before the season started.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

LSU game was after the voting, Mayfield should of got a lot more votes imo Watson threw a ton of picks.

Cardinals01

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Can't make this shit up. Deshaun Watson should have won it last year. Pinball numbers for Jackson against Syracuse and little sisters of the Poor, and jack shit against LSU and Houston. Deshaun Watson won his division, conference and the National championship. And I am not bitter that I had a chunk of Deshaun Watson to win the Heisman before the season started.

😂😂😂. I'll admit, many of his numbers came against inferior opponents. He also ran all over FSU last year and had a solid game against Clemson. I do find it surprising at the lack of respect he is getting as one of the best QB's in college football this year. He could have very strong numbers to start the year again (I expect him to continue, passing #'s will go up from last year). 3 of the first 5 opponents I would expect UL to put up at least 50 points

Riders23
    Riders23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Guice should win the hesiman, I'm betting he gets better numbers than Henry when he won it. 25-1 currently at Caesars is a steal.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    LSU game was after the voting, Mayfield should of got a lot more votes imo Watson threw a ton of picks.
    So was the national championship game, who played better in there post season game(s), Jackson or Watson. Who played the toughest teams all the way through, who actually won something tangible? I'm just saying the Heisman was won in September early October against inferior teams. Louisville would have gone 7-5 at best playing Clemson's schedule, maybe 6-6

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Riders23 View Post
    Guice should win the hesiman, I'm betting he gets better numbers than Henry when he won it. 25-1 currently at Caesars is a steal.
    I like Guice too. I'll sprinkle a little on Darnold, Guice, and the kid QB's from Oklahoma and UCLA

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Clayton Kershaw

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Saquan? Barkley RB Penn St. looks like someone to take a Flyer on.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Don't like Spreitzer, but I have to give him credit.

Last year, on air, he advocated LJackson as a good value Heisman bet. If he beat FlaSt or Clemson, he was on his way. Props on nice score.