ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Teaser question

Last year was my first year betting through a PPH site. I attempted a few teasers during the year. A couple times I was not allowed to use a certain team in my teaser. How does Vegas determine which games they block from being involved in a teaser?

ChiTownTeaBagger
    ChiTownTeaBagger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2959

Not saying these are the ONLY ways they decide which teams to block, so others please chime in, but in my experience typically the same game, but different bet types (I.e., spread and o/u of the same game) are a no-go. Also, newly-released lines/lines there are funky circumstances surrounding them (I.e., a pending suspension of a star player, injuries, etc.) I've seen blocked. This is for both teasers and parlays. Again, only my experience.

Edit: typo

ZINISTER

Thanks Bags. I heard if the line multiplied by a certain number (?) exceeds the total it is a NO GO. Don't recall the multiple number.

ZINISTER

I'm assuming 3 or 4. Anyone know for sure?

ZINISTER

Also, My book says he is cutting back on payouts for teasers this year. What does Vegas or online books payout on teasers? My guy pays 110/100 money on a 2 teamer and pays double on a 3 teamer. It has been that way for years. I am not sure I will ever bet a teaser again. I bet maybe 5 a year.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    Also, My book says he is cutting back on payouts for teasers this year. What does Vegas or online books payout on teasers? My guy pays 110/100 money on a 2 teamer and pays double on a 3 teamer. It has been that way for years. I am not sure I will ever bet a teaser again. I bet maybe 5 a year.
    Your guy pays a bit more than some books pay and the same as others. Here is a major clue. If your book has to cut back on any type of wager this season, or in any season, it may be time to find a now guy. That is a major red flag.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    How many points? Those don't seem like great odds, but I haven't done teasers in awhile.

ZINISTER

6 point teasers. Most of the places I looked at paid $100 on a $120 wager and for 2 teamer and paid $160 for a $100 wager. My guy pays 100 for 110 on 2 two teamer and 200 for 100 on 3 teamer. He is lowering it this year. What are you getting paid?

ZINISTER

I think he is just getting more in line with what is out there. Teasing has become a better bet then in years past, I guess. Says he had some damaging losses last year on teasers. He is a very trustworthy book. I don't have to bet the teasers. Can't say I blame him after seeing how much more he is paying out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Your guy pays a bit more than some books pay and the same as others. Here is a major clue. If your book has to cut back on any type of wager this season, or in any season, it may be time to find a now guy. That is a major red flag.

ZINISTER

Anyone ever heard that if multiply the Line times 3 and it exceeds the Total Vegas doesn't allow you to tease the same game and total together?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I have heard of that, but never seen it. Vegas does not tease every game.

ZINISTER

How can you determine before you waste time capn the game? Are they designated a certain way or do you have to try to bet it first? Puzzling!

crackerjack

I really like the three team 10 point super teaser. Pays 100 for 120. Probably a sucker bet.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

All teaser wagers are "sucker" wagers compared to straight 11/10 wagers and most parlay wagers. Occasionally someone hits a nice tease, but remember the golden rule: "If it is not a money maker for the books, they will NOT offer it to the public".

ZINISTER

Does Vegas put out a list of the games they will NOT allow you to Tease? Or do you have to try to place it before they tell you NO? If they are Not allowing you to tease certain games that must mean something!
    I have heard of that, but never seen it. Vegas does not tease every game.

crackerjack

All teaser wagers are "sucker" wagers compared to straight 11/10 wagers and most parlay wagers. Occasionally someone hits a nice tease, but remember the golden rule: "If it is not a money maker for the books, they will NOT offer it to the public".
    Well the books offer straight wagering too, so I guess by this logic those too are sucker bets.