qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

NCAA changes football recruiting rules

No more recruiting players by hiring their high school coaches.

There are other changes as well.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...cruiting-model

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

I read this a few times and still don't think I'm interpreting correctly, cause the ncaa is a business and that's all they give a shit about. Emmert is the biggest psychopath in the world.

"Football Bowl Subdivision schools are limited to signing 25 prospective and current student-athletes to a first-time financial aid agreement or a National Letter of Intent. Exceptions exclude current student-athletes who have been enrolled full-time at the school for at least two years and prospective or current student-athletes who suffer an incapacitating injury (effective for recruits who sign after Aug. 1, 2017)."

That kills the sec. Their model is to sign 35 every year, ship the felons and retards to juco, and take them back if they pan out.

reigle9

"It prevents Football Bowl Subdivision schools from hiring people close to a prospective student-athlete for a two-year period before and after the student’s anticipated and actual enrollment at the school. This provision was adopted in men’s basketball in 2010 (effective immediately, though schools may honor contracts signed before Jan. 18, 2017)."

This doesn't really change much at the top since everyone is doing it now. Also, don't know if it'll stick. Emmert and the ncaa thinks they're above the law and that just doesn't seem legal. Your little spec in society doesn't mean shit when it comes to people advancing their career.

reigle9

Emmert must've gotten Freeh to write this up, cause this is the second time I thought "well that was shitty wording".

"It limits the time for Football Bowl Subdivision coaches to participate in camps and clinics to 10 days in June and July and requires that the camps take place on a school’s campus or in facilities regularly used by the school for practice or competition"

A school? Not your school? Ok, so that changes nothing then.

reigle9

lol yes, more bullshit rules that will never get followed is what you need...ncaa would fukk up a wet dream

"It allows coaches employed at a camp or clinic to have recruiting conversations with prospects participating in camps and clinics and requires educational sessions at all camps and clinics detailing initial eligibility standards, gambling rules, agent rules and drug regulations (effective immediately)."

this reminds me of the "bump" rule urban and saban have been pissing on for a decade

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    "It prevents Football Bowl Subdivision schools from hiring people close to a prospective student-athlete for a two-year period before and after the student’s anticipated and actual enrollment at the school. This provision was adopted in men’s basketball in 2010 (effective immediately, though schools may honor contracts signed before Jan. 18, 2017)."

This doesn't really change much at the top since everyone is doing it now. Also, don't know if it'll stick. Emmert and the ncaa thinks they're above the law and that just doesn't seem legal. Your little spec in society doesn't mean shit when it comes to people advancing their career.
    Seriously, the ncaa is made up of incompetent scumbags.
    "It allows Football Bowl Subdivision schools to hire a 10th assistant coach (effective Jan. 9, 2018)."
    So you're saying, no schools can hire a 10th coach that's a hs coach of a player you're recruiting? Ok then. Share your crack.
    Last edited by reigle9; 04-14-17 at 03:04 PM.

reigle9

Just saw something brought up that I didn't think of before.

If you follow recruiting, you know an "offer" isn't really an offer for a lot of schools. It's going to be brutal for these kids when they try to sign early and then urbz tells them that they didn't really have an offer.

It's just going to be a huge clusterfukk.

This rule change will prob send him back into 2nd retirement after the first needing more time to spend with his family.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

great rules now

more fair to everyone

reigle9

Well, in reality, it was put in for the coaches. I wish the ncaa could just say that, but they hate reality and facts. They're basically the liberal population.

That said, the coaches need a break. Their job is every second of every day all year. It's an impossible job. They should have relief.

Of course, the ncaa can't just say that and looking out for the student-athlete.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

michael porter jr at missouri? before that at washington? was there really already a rule against doing this?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Reigle, you have serious mental problems. Seek immediate help. Your total lack of knowledge and undersanding about college football is alarming. By time Penn State chokes to a 9-3 season record in 2017, even though they have a cream puff schedule, you will be suicidal. Penn State is NOT a top echelon team.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Well, in reality, it was put in for the coaches. I wish the ncaa could just say that, but they hate reality and facts. They're basically the liberal population.

That said, the coaches need a break. Their job is every second of every day all year. It's an impossible job. They should have relief.

Of course, the ncaa can't just say that and looking out for the student-athlete.
    They make six figures and a lot of them make millions. They get plenty of time off.

Buffalo Nickle

The NCAA is above the law. They are running a cartel and receiving free labor and are exempt from federal prosecution.

Buffalo Nickle

Reigel9 thinks assistant coaches making over 1 million dollars and head coaches making 5 million dollars are in extreme duress while their black players play for free. They're basically the conservative population.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    They make six figures and a lot of them make millions. They get plenty of time off.
    I see by this one statement that you're talking out of your ass, so I'm not even going to bother with the rest.

Every coach makes over a million and get 2 weeks off a year. You're dumb.

Buffalo Nickle

I see by this one statement that you're talking out of your ass, so I'm not even going to bother with the rest.

Every coach makes over a million and get 2 weeks off a year. You're dumb.
    Yes, they have 3-month season and can't find any time off and make 10s of thousands per player. Tough job.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Do the new rules now exonerate Jo-Pa for turning away from child rape? Statue coming back to Happy valley?

reigle9

it really takes a special kind of stupid to be that ignorant

god bless broke dikks on the internet