dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Brent Musburger and ESPN treating Joe Mixon like a hero

Disgusting

I don't care how good he is, how many TDs he scores, how could you ever pull for that guy? Knocked out a 120 lb girl at a restaurant leaving her with broken bones in her face. Plead guilty while maintaining innocence (Alford plea) and was only tearful and sorry because he got caught and it would affect his football career.

Musburger wishing him the best and hopes he can have a great NFL career after getting a second chance. ESPN cameras following him around keeping him in the spotlight like he's the hero.

He didn't steal a bike when he was 12, he almost killed a girl as an 18 year old man. I hope he tears his ACL, LCL, and MCL on his next carry. Fuk him
    Last edited by dlowilly; 01-02-17 at 11:00 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bombers78, El Nino, and opie1988

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Ya, he fukked up there. You'll hear about his consequences tomorrow

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

It was at a fast food restaurant.

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

What do you mean maintain innocence..he paid the price and plus racial slurs were used

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Time for the dirty old man to hit the road I reckon.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

All he meant was that hopefully he makes the most of his second chance.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

polarizing stuff is why brent got knocked down the espn ladder

he should have kept quiet

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    All he meant was that hopefully he makes the most of his second chance.
    Why should he have one,go to prison and serve your time first.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Mixon is the best player on the field tonight. Who can't see that? Don't worry about Brent's commentary. If you wanted to see justice and fairness, go watch a law and order marathon

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Why should he have one,go to prison and serve your time first.
    Did he go to court? I didn't follow the story that closely but I assume it was settled.

What he did was despicable and he has to live with it for the rest of his life. Hopefully he's learned from it.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Mixon is the best player on the field tonight. Who can't see that. Don't worry about Brent's commentary
    You from Alabama?

packerd_00

Did he go to court? I didn't follow the story that closely but I assume it was settled.

What he did was despicable and he has to live with it for the rest of his life. Hopefully he's learned from it.
    I don't know bud,just seems like people overlook a lot of evil acts by Pro Athletes,see it time and time again.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGambler View Post
    What do you mean maintain innocence..he paid the price and plus racial slurs were used
    An Alford plea (also called a Kennedy plea in West Virginia, an Alfordguilty plea, and the Alford doctrine) in United States law is a guiltyplea in criminal court, whereby a defendant in a criminal case does not admit to the criminal act and asserts innocence.

And a big LOL at "plus racial slurs were used"

First, it was alleged that racial slurs were said and Mixon said the friend she was with was the one who said it (Not the girl), even though that friend was sitting right next to a black guy. Second, the whole confrontation started outside with Mixon and his friend verbally abusing and insulting with homophobic slurs the friend she was with. Third, I know some disagree, but she could have gotten right in his face and called him anything, and it doesn't warrant his reaction.

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

alright i feel you, isnt she filing a lawsuit currently?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

nothing good happens after 2am

t-wizzle

I don't know bud,just seems like people overlook a lot of evil acts by Pro Athletes,see it time and time again.
    He's not a pro yet. Was like 19 when it happened. What he did sucks. Nothing wrong with saying he deserves a second chance though.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

NFL runs Ray Rice out of the league for the same thing but even though the nfl even have an awareness week for violence against women someone will draft him showing once again how they don't actually care. How quickly things change in a years time, now we are making excuses for offenders

dlowilly

alright i feel you, isnt she filing a lawsuit currently?
    Not sure

BTW, his year he got suspended he took a red shirt, so his only actual punishment was community service and I think some counseling. So I guess he actually got an extra year of college tuition, room, and board paid for? I don't know

packerd_00

He's not a pro yet. Was like 19 when it happened. What he did sucks. Nothing wrong with saying he deserves a second chance though.
    He pretty much is,College Footballl is technically not Proffesional,but they make a ton of money for these TV Networks.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Why don't we hold ALL men to the same standard in these situations? Judges, policemen, politicians, educators, clergy, CEOs, etc.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

any kind of background to this story?

i dont remember when it actually happened

packerd_00

Why don't we hold ALL men to the same standard in these situations? Judges, policemen, politicians, educators, clergy, CEOs, etc.
    Why not include every tom dick and harry in your cluster of people,really your going to bring up Politicians in your argument,who the hell respects Politicians.

Pro Athletes are in the forefront of the National Media,we should hold those people up to a certain standard.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

While I usually do not condone hitting woman. I know too many cases of men getting their asses kicked by woman and even killed. Google "man stabbed to death by woman" and get back to me. There are many woman these days that can beat the shit out of a lot of men. Chivalry might get you dead if your dumb. If a woman puts herself in a man's position, she should expect to get treated like a man.

I was at a restaurant a few months ago where I opened the door for a woman, and some shemale runs right between us and slams into the door rushing out. Shemale broke her fingernail on the way out. He/She comes back into the restaurant and tries to confront me. She says, "you broke my mutherfukking fingernail". I was like WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? He/she repeats, "you broke my fukking fingernail". I said loud as hell for everyone to hear "bitch you broke your own fingernail being an ass, you better back out of this door and go on your way before you get hurt". Butch/Dyke then says, "oh your going to hit a girl". I quickly answered... "who the fukk said you were a girl, you look like fukking Grizzly Adams. You're an ugly ass girl with an even uglier attitude trying to confront someone".

She/he then murmers with her gilrfriend under her breath. My car was parked right in front of the door. I went right to the glove compartment and got my gun and stood my ground right there until they left. I haven't had a confrontation in decades and just like that you can get some idiot rush up on you. Talk all you want but your ass will be dead because you think all woman are woman. Fukk that shit.

dlowilly

Why the, "Other people get away with stuff too" fallacy argument? Everyone has seen the video and he's going to be most likely rewarded with millions in the NFL. I can't speak about the multitude of other cases you have vaguely referred to, but this guy was caught on video and will most likely get rewarded with the privilege of a career in the NFL because of people who think like you do.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    NFL runs Ray Rice out of the league for the same thing but even though the nfl even have an awareness week for violence against women someone will draft him showing once again how they don't actually care. How quickly things change in a years time, now we are making excuses for offenders
    So it's okay for her to throw the first punch? Fukk that shit. He should have stood his ground and shot her in the ass...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Why not include every tom dick and harry in your cluster of people,really your going to bring up Politicians in your argument,who the hell respects Politicians.

Pro Athletes are in the forefront of the National Media,we should hold those people up to a certain standard.
    There are a lot of Tom's , dicks and Harry's in and outside that cluster. Why are pro athletes at the forefront of the national media and not firemen and EMTs? We are quick to hold a young man who can run a football to a higher standard than a judge or doctor in these situations yet we expect judges and doctors to make great decisions ALL the time

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Other than 1 comment about a 2nd chance....they kept it to football.

Guy played a great football game.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Why the, "Other people get away with stuff too" fallacy argument? Everyone has seen the video and he's going to be most likely rewarded with millions in the NFL. I can't speak about the multitude of other cases you have vaguely referred to, but this guy was caught on video and will most likely get rewarded with the privilege of a career in the NFL because of people who think like you do.
    So what if her and her posse would have jumped him and beat him to death? You wouldn't even give a shit. A man has just the same right to defend himself as a woman.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html

Mac4Lyfe

Homeless White man beaten to death by 3 black woman ... One beat him with a hammer...

Mac4Lyfe

Yep, you should never hit a woman, especially 3 of them after they beat your ass to death when one of their kids lied and got you killed...

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Dude he tried to pick her up and she said go away. When he pushed the issue she said she doesn't do brothers and he got pissed and hit her. That is bull shit that you are bringing race into it.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    While I usually do not condone hitting woman. I know too many cases of men getting their asses kicked by woman and even killed. Google "man stabbed to death by woman" and get back to me. There are many woman these days that can beat the shit out of a lot of men. Chivalry might get you dead if your dumb. If a woman puts herself in a man's position, she should expect to get treated like a man.

I was at a restaurant a few months ago where I opened the door for a woman, and some shemale runs right between us and slams into the door rushing out. Shemale broke her fingernail on the way out. He/She comes back into the restaurant and tries to confront me. She says, "you broke my mutherfukking fingernail". I was like WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? He/she repeats, "you broke my fukking fingernail". I said loud as hell for everyone to hear "bitch you broke your own fingernail being an ass, you better back out of this door and go on your way before you get hurt". Butch/Dyke then says, "oh your going to hit a girl". I quickly answered... "who the fukk said you were a girl, you look like fukking Grizzly Adams. You're an ugly ass girl with an even uglier attitude trying to confront someone".

She/he then murmers with her gilrfriend under her breath. My car was parked right in front of the door. I went right to the glove compartment and got my gun and stood my ground right there until they left. I haven't had a confrontation in decades and just like that you can get some idiot rush up on you. Talk all you want but your ass will be dead because you think all woman are woman. Fukk that shit.
    So, because the he/she yelled at you (out of line or not) you make a passive threat, then go get your gun...super reasonable.

packerd_00

There are a lot of Tom's , dicks and Harry's in and outside that cluster. Why are pro athletes at the forefront of the national media and not firemen and EMTs? We are quick to hold a young man who can run a football to a higher standard than a judge or doctor in these situations yet we expect judges and doctors to make great decisions ALL the time
    Lets see your bringing up people that no one gives a damn about,ive never stood up for anybody that beats on a woman or vice versa,dont know what world you live in, If a Firemen beats on his wife who is going to know about iit outside of maybe close coworkers,with Pro Athletes the whole world is privy to what they get upto including beating on people,thats why Pro Athletes are in the forefront of the national media and firemen and EMTs aren't.

Why do you keep comparing Pro Athletes to other people,all your doing is excusing this sort of crap because you are dazzled by the mans skills with running a Football,so cut the crap.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-02-17 at 11:51 PM.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Lets see your bringing up people that no one gives a damn about,ive never stood up for anybody that beats on a women or vice versa,dont know what world you live in, If a Firemen beats on his wife who is going to know about iit outside of maybe close coworkers,with Pro Athletes the whole world is privey to what they get upto including beating on people,thats why Pro Athletes are in the forefront of the national media and firemen and EMTs aren't.

Why do you keep comparing players to other people,all your doing is excusing this sort of crap because you are dazzled by the mans skills with running a Football,so cut the crap.

This

There are huge POS humans in every industry and in every company. If you can provide value to a business your going to get work.

If negative PR outweighs what he can do on the field, so be it, but NFL teams are a business....they should do whats best for the business.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Lets see your bringing up people that no one gives a damn about,ive never stood up for anybody that beats on a women or vice versa,dont know what world you live in, If a Firemen beats on his wife who is going to know about iit outside of maybe close coworkers,with Pro Athletes the whole world is privey to what they get upto including beating on people,thats why Pro Athletes are in the forefront of the national media and firemen and EMTs aren't.

Why do you keep comparing players to other people,all your doing is excusing this sort of crap because you are dazzled by the mans skills with running a Football,so cut the crap.
    Nope. Just wondering why there is a different standard for a guy who hits a woman who runs a football and a sitting judge.

1234 ... Last