Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

UConn Fires Football Coach Bob Diaco

After three unsuccessful seasons, Bob Diaco is out at UConn.

The school announced the coach's firing in a news release on Monday, a month after the Huskies' 3-9 campaign concluded. Diaco went 11-26 in his time at UConn.

“This is obviously not the way I had hoped things would turn out, but I appreciate having had the opportunity to be here at UConn," Diaco said in a statement. “I thank the administration, staff and fans of the UConn football program for their passion and support over these three years. Most importantly, I want to say how much I love the players on this team and will be rooting for their success. I know that there are great things to come for all of them.”

UConn athletics director David Benedict acknowledged the peciluar timing of the dismissal and noted a coaching search is imminent.

“I believe a new leader for our program and student-athletes is needed to build long-term success,” Benedict said in a statement. “I am grateful to Coach Diaco and his staff for their hard work and the integrity with which they ran the program and certainly wish them future success.”

“I know this may come as a surprise to our fans and supporters given the timing of this decision. However, it became apparent to me that a change in program direction is necessary at this time.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...5062645ecd8402

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Diaco picked up by Nebraska

he earned it