NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

This is quite easy to understand, if you don't get it then you don't have a solid grasp on what is going on..and sure things will evolve as the conditions evolve but at the current time sitting out a bowl game is the right move if you know you you are about to get paid for what you've been doing your entire life...same as pros not attending olympics, risk vs reward.

What about the bball players who leave college early? How can you blame them? It's about compensation and very easy to understand if you don't let emotions and "loyalty to your team and fans" get in the way..

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I do think some kind of stipulation will be put in the scholarship about staying the whole year.
    ha, ha. What are you going to do to Christian McCaffrey and Leonard Fornette? They aren't being compensated.

Why would you want these guys to have the privilege of playing for the school when they are not going to be enrolled?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    ha, ha. What are you going to do to Christian McCaffrey and Leonard Fornette? They aren't being compensated.

Why would you want these guys to have the privilege of playing for the school when they are not going to be enrolled?
    The whole FOOTBALL year you dimwit.

If you leave before the year ends, your scholarship is forfeited.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    This is quite easy to understand, if you don't get it then you don't have a solid grasp on what is going on..and sure things will evolve as the conditions evolve but at the current time sitting out a bowl game is the right move if you know you you are about to get paid for what you've been doing your entire life...same as pros not attending olympics, risk vs reward.

What about the bball players who leave college early? How can you blame them? It's about compensation and very easy to understand if you don't let emotions and "loyalty to your team and fans" get in the way..
    It's actually quite easy. Guys not playing in the Olympics tells me YOU don't get it. He plays for Stanford, and he just quit on his team during the season, not after the season ended.

Buffalo Nickle

The whole FOOTBALL year you dimwit.

If you leave before the year ends, your scholarship is forfeited.
    How does that work Einstein? They have completed classes. You can't send them a bill. You claimed you were only interested in giving them a good education and were just letting them get some fresh air and live the sporting life and learn its life lessons.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

you are allowed to quit.

people leave jobs mid-year for something better all the time

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

When they go to a 16 team playoff guys won't do that.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

It's actually quite easy. Guys not playing in the Olympics tells me YOU don't get it. He plays for Stanford, and he just quit on his team during the season, not after the season ended.
    Nobody remembers any team that played in the Sun Bowl. If you have a problem with them not playing in the bowl and consider that quitting on their team then you should have a problem with them not staying all four years, even if they played in the bowl they are leaving a year early, do you not have a problem with them not playing their senior years?

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    When they go to a 16 team playoff guys won't do that.
    They'll do it. They are going to be on TV. NFL players are another story. They won't play an extra two games without extra money.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

How does that work Einstein? They have completed classes. You can't send them a bill. You claimed you were only interested in giving them a good education and were just letting them get some fresh air and live the sporting life and learn its life lessons.
    I'm sure this could be fixed in the scholarships language easily. These guys got away with it, I'm talking down the road.

Buffalo Nickle

I'm sure this could be fixed in the scholarships language easily. These guys got away with it, I'm talking down the road.
    That does not seem like a good recruiting tool. You are claiming you just want to give underprivileged black boys a free education and then you are going to go back on it. That turd won't float.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Nobody remembers any team that played in the Sun Bowl. If you have a problem with them not playing in the bowl and consider that quitting on their team then you should have a problem with them not staying all four years, even if they played in the bowl they are leaving a year early, do you not have a problem with them not playing their senior years?
    Not even a little bit. The season is still going and he said I quit. Not the guy I would want at the next level.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Fans care more than teammates.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    you are allowed to quit.

people leave jobs mid-year for something better all the time
    Yeah they do last I checked, something better is in late July. This prepare for the draft stuff is all b.s.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

That does not seem like a good recruiting tool. You are claiming you just want to give underprivileged black boys a free education and then you are going to go back on it. That turd won't float.
    And they get the education if they fulfill their part, quitting with a game left is not fulfilling your part.

Buffalo Nickle

And they get the education if they fulfill their part, quitting with a game left is not fulfilling your part.
    You are forgetting your own bullshit. Colleges give scholarships for education purposes. Not to win football games. They just sponsor the games for the educational benefits. To make them more well rounded individuals.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

You are forgetting your own bullshit. Colleges give scholarships for education purposes. Not to win football games. They just sponsor the games for the educational benefits. To make them more well rounded individuals.
    So if they are done with class, they shouldn't play anymore?

So everyone should sit out who's done with class, including those in the playoffs.

Buffalo Nickle

So if they are done with class, they shouldn't play anymore?

So everyone should sit out who's done with class, including those in the playoffs.
    If the boy does not want any fresh air that day, yes. After all, it is just a game being played for fun.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They'll do it. They are going to be on TV. NFL players are another story. They won't play an extra two games without extra money.

What I mean is guys wont skip games to concentrate on the draft if they are in the playoff. Guys will miss bowl games though so maybe a 32 team bracket

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

If the boy does not want any fresh air that day, yes. After all, it is just a game being played for fun.
    I guess we are cut from different cloths.

If my son's on a team, he's sticking it out for the whole year. I never quit a team in my entire life during a season.

Buffalo Nickle

What I mean is guys wont skip games to concentrate on the draft if they are in the playoff. Guys will miss bowl games though so maybe a 32 team bracket
    Anybody that would play in a bowl game would not skip the expanded playoffs. After all, that is the reason they are playing for free. To be on TV and be a hero. If they are concerned about injury, they will skip. Probably will be more in the future but I doubt the expanded playoffs would have that much influence. Would probably be less since there is more to play for than just playing in the Weedeater Bowl.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

If my son's on a team, he's sticking it out for the whole year. I never quit a team in my entire life during a season.
    that's fine and a great lesson to teach your kid

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

32 team playoff is more potential damage to a player. Stars are going to start leaving their teams earlier than the bowls is how this will shake out.

NrmlCurvSurfr

How much does he get paid for playing for Stanford? How much would he lose if he got injured in the bowl game?...very simple equation

Buffalo Nickle

Easy to say when you kid is not risking millions to play the game and you think colleges should some kind of power over the player. We can see that you do not buy your own brand of bullshit.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    How much does he get paid for playing for Stanford? How much would he lose if he got injured in the bowl game?...very simple equation
    How much would he get paid if he NEVER played for Stanford? Actually he gets "paid" like 80k a year.

Buffalo Nickle

How much would he get paid if he NEVER played for Stanford? Actually he gets "paid" like 80k a year.
    That's why he's going pro.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Easy to say when you kid is not risking millions to play the game and you think colleges should some kind of power over the player. We can see that you do not buy your own brand of bullshit.
    I'm not defending the NCAA here. They are corrupt, worse then anything else in America.

Buffalo Nickle

I'm not defending the NCAA here. They are corrupt, worse then anything else in America.
    Why is that? You don't want the players being paid. How are they corrupt? They are just trying to make as much as they can. Aren't you pro business?

NrmlCurvSurfr

I make more than that...Stanford made enough from him, they wouldn't be paying tuition plus whatever else if they weren't making a profit...guy is worth more than 80k/yr..and he knows it so he's moving on..

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

That's why he's going pro.
    And he should go pro after the season. You don't quit on your team though during a season. That's what bothers me the most. The other thing that bothers me is that the problem will only get worse.

Buffalo Nickle

And he should go pro after the season. You don't quit on your team though during a season. That's what bothers me the most. The other thing that bothers me is that the problem will only get worse.
    Well again, you are forgetting that playing for Stanford is a PRIVILEGE. If he is not attending Stanford, he should not get that PRIVILEGE. It should go to Love who will be enrolled and will enjoy the game and the fresh air.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Too emotional...most people want to be compensated for what they are worth, why work for some small time company if another is willing to pay more for your skill set? Do you really not understand this concept?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

I was going to go to work today but was scared I might slip on the ice so I just let everyone carry my weight. I cant risk injuring myself before the golf season starts next year. When an angry co worker called me out on it I just told him I was doing the Fournette.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I was going to go to work today but was scared I might slip on the ice so I just let everyone carry my weight. I cant risk injuring myself before the golf season starts next year. When an angry co worker called me out on it I just told him I was doing the Fournette.
    I am sure that if you were an Ice Road trucker working minimum wage, you would make the last haul even when you were getting offered a multi-million dollar contract because you would be concerned your employer might not make a decent profit that dayand might let your co-worker down who would drive in your place.

First 12345 Last