Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    All those dollars put into TV is free advertisement for the black guy when he plays each week. So not only is he getting a free education but then getting playtime, interviews, highlights, and talked about every fukin week for FREE. Not only that but most athletes white or black can't afford to even pay for school out of high school so that school, who you like to demonize, is the one giving that guy the chance to even get into a position to better his life whether it is schooling, a pro football career, or both.
    How many black players that come from bad situations/ghetto that now are in the NFL would be there without the help from one of those schools? Oh none of them, ya fuk those bastards schools. That's what's wrong, people too fukin stupid to figure it out.
    How many of these black bastards that you hate so much but will watch on TV would be going to the school at all if they were not cheating on their academic standards and giving them passing grades to make money off of them. The whole scholarship thing is obviously compensation so there is no difference between paying cash and giving a "scholarship" which costs the school nothing.

It is hilarious that you think Bill Self should make $5 million per year to coach an "academic" team if fine but think paying a player $50,000 is outrageous.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Ok so your saying that when a player comes out of high school and is recruited by team a where value of scholarship is $120k and team b where value of scholarship is $70k, team b should be allowed to also wrote him a $50k check? Cause that's the value of what he isn't getting by going to team b vs a??
    Yeah, seems fair doesn't it. The point actually is that nobody regards Stanford's education as worth 70K because if they did, they would think that was a fair arrangement. The fact that they think a player should play for free regardless of what school he goes to tells you they place no value on the education at all which means they think their own argument is bullshit.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    How many of these black bastards that you hate so much but will watch on TV would be going to the school at all if they were not cheating on their academic standards and giving them passing grades to make money off of them. The whole scholarship thing is obviously compensation so there is no difference between paying cash and giving a "scholarship" which costs the school nothing.

It is hilarious that you think Bill Self should make $5 million per year to coach an "academic" team if fine but think paying a player $50,000 is outrageous.
    First off, you brought race into this I did not so me hating black athletes is nothing more than your assumptions. Second, I don't give a shit about coaching staffs and what they make. The argument is about college athletes being paid and sitting out games to get one big payday. Funny, you never answer the questions, just dodge by bringing in race and changing subject.
    Thirdly, even if the school is helping these "black bastards", as you put it, by cheating to get them into their school to play football, would they then not be benefitting? You try to act like the school is the only one making a dime but if the kid would have not been there without the school "bending the rules" then that person would still be sitting at home with no future in sight. But I guess the possibility of an education and the millions of dollars playing at the next level probably would have fallen from the sky.
    But let's just give all the athletes 50k, I am sure they will all use it wisely with no problems and everyone will finish school and make something of themselves

Buffalo Nickle

First off, you brought race into this I did not so me hating black athletes is nothing more than your assumptions. Second, I don't give a shit about coaching staffs and what they make. The argument is about college athletes being paid and sitting out games to get one big payday. Funny, you never answer the questions, just dodge by bringing in race and changing subject.
    Thirdly, even if the school is helping these "black bastards", as you put it, by cheating to get them into their school to play football, would they then not be benefitting? You try to act like the school is the only one making a dime but if the kid would have not been there without the school "bending the rules" then that person would still be sitting at home with no future in sight. But I guess the possibility of an education and the millions of dollars playing at the next level probably would have fallen from the sky.
    Right, you don't care that Bill Self makes $125,000 per player. You think that is great. It is paying the player any portion of that you think is the problem. And why is that? Why do you think it is great for Bill Self to make $5 million coaching an "academic" team but wrong for the players to make anything equal to the same $5 million.

Obviously, the players cannot command $125,000 on the open market so Kansas could save themselves a lot of money by not hiring Self to recruit guys to play for free.

Buffalo Nickle

But let's just give all the athletes 50k, I am sure they will all use it wisely with no problems and everyone will finish school and make something of themselves
    No, he would be playing minor league basketball and getting mult-million dollar signing bonuses.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Not surprised the forum liberals love that they are sitting.

Like someone said why not start sitting when your team is out of the playoffs?

Dangerous territory we have entered here. The guy from Oklahoma left the team a few weeks ago, and I didn't think much of it but now this is a trend.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post

Dangerous territory we have entered here. The guy from Oklahoma left the team a few weeks ago, and I didn't think much of it but now this is a trend.
    Also not surprising that Rs hate a free market. They always do.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by BetweenHerCheeks View Post
    I went to a big time football school for college. We had a guy in my dorm who was the #1 ranked High School recruit in the nation. He suffered a devastating knee injury in the PA High School All-Star game at the end of his career. He never played in college.

I don't blame these guys one bit for sitting out
    Think about it, a high school all Star game against a school you played for 3 or 4 years.

That's not even close.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Also not surprising that Rs hate a free market. They always do.
    So it's OK to quit on your team when it's convenient for you?

If you were on my team there would have been a big fuckin problem.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

No, he would be playing minor league basketball and getting mult-million dollar signing bonuses.
    buffalo, by next year you will be campaigning for high schools to pay players

Buffalo Nickle

So it's OK to quit on your team when it's convenient for you?

If you were on my team there would have been a big fuckin problem.
    Do you really think his teammates care about this bowl game? I'm pretty sure they think he is doing the right thing and wish they were in his position.

Buffalo Nickle

buffalo, by next year you will be campaigning for high schools to pay players
    Yes, if they sign a $17 million per year contract with ESPN and pay the coach $5 million..

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Do you really think his teammates care about this bowl game? I'm pretty sure they think he is doing the right thing and wish they were in his position.
    I bet a lot of them are putting on that uniform for the last time so penetrate YES they do, and their chances to win just went down.

It's like he thinks he's too good for the game.

Buffalo Nickle

I bet a lot of them are putting on that uniform for the last time so penetrate YES they do, and their chances to win just went down.

It's like he thinks he's too good for the game.
    I think you should read Gone With The Wind, a true romance novel.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Wrong, in this case its called common sense.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

So Rudy when Georgia's 2-2 how about chubb sits out since they can't make the playoffs.

Not penetrating common sense you dumb penetrating drunk

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

That's what will happen. You already saw it with the guy from Oklahoma Walker. That's where this is headed sooner rather than later.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

big difference sitting out one's last post season bowl... v. quitting in the middle of one's reg season

not that hard is it

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    big difference sitting out one's last post season bowl... v. quitting in the middle of one's reg season

not that hard is it
    These guys opened a can of worms old man. Much better chance of avoiding an injury when they quit at Halloween

RudyRuetigger

lolol as if my life revolves around UGA football?

why do I care what he chooses to do?

lets say person had a full academic scholarship...was an intern 2nd year at a company..moved up and up..had an opening for him to be an executive, but its full time. its his dream company.

why the fukk would that person not take that job? a degree can come online or night classes at a later time if they wish to finish
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 12-19-16 at 05:28 PM.

Buffalo Nickle

These guys opened a can of worms old man. Much better chance of avoiding an injury when they quit at Halloween
    Both Fournette and Clowney pretty much did.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    lolol as if my life revolves around UGA football?

why do I care what he chooses to do?

lets say person had a full academic scholarship...was an intern 2nd year at a company..moved up and up..had an opening for him to be an executive, but its full time. its his dream company.

why the fukk would that person not take that job? a degree can come online or night classes at a later time if they wish to finish
    meant academic

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

meant academic
    You act like they won't be in the NFL if they play in the game lmao. The opening is still there.

RudyRuetigger

what if a person is studying cancer in college, have made major breakthroughs in the lab.

a company wants to hire them full time with more money and research funds

slippery slope guys

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

what if a person is studying cancer in college, have made major breakthroughs in the lab.

a company wants to hire them full time with more money and research funds

slippery slope guys

For the millionth time not even close. He's still getting hired, you act like his career is over if he plays in the bowl.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

​coward

Buffalo Nickle

It's all about academic folks. McCaffrey is no longer a student at Stanford so should not be playing on the team. It is a privilege he does not deserve. Let Love carry the way.
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 12-19-16 at 05:50 PM.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

I think the Kentucky basketball team should all sit out also, they are all future first round picks, right? Hate to ruin that earnings potential.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    I think the Kentucky basketball team should all sit out also, they are all future first round picks, right? Hate to ruin that earnings potential.
    Well, Kentucky at least does pay their players.

Just watched Ben Simmons documentary One and Done. He basically went off on the NCAA the whole documentary and stopped going to classes. LSU kept playing him though. Sat him out 4 minutes one game which was hilarious.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

The argument that they get a scholarship is flimsy at best. Many schools put them in programs geared to keep them eligible and have little value in the real world.

RudyRuetigger

For the millionth time not even close. He's still getting hired, you act like his career is over if he plays in the bowl.
    For the millionth + 1 time, its very close. Im sure the hypothetical guy doing cancer research will still get hired after the school year if hes doing breakthrough research.

Only difference is, the guy doing research is less likely to get hurt doing it and wont need to pay for insurance on himself

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Agree $ shot but you know this is a business 1st and foremost. With that in mind, keep in mind it's probably not always the players decision. These guys have "handlers" aka (agents, sponsor's, etc) who also look out for their own best interests and play a big role in decision making during these late stages pre draft. Most their teammates probably get it and hold no ill will I'm sure for most part.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

For the millionth + 1 time, its very close. Im sure the hypothetical guy doing cancer research will still get hired after the school year if hes doing breakthrough research.

Only difference is, the guy doing research is less likely to get hurt doing it and wont need to pay for insurance on himself
    We are gonna have to agree to disagree.

Of course he could get hurt in the bowl game. It's a VERY small chance at any rate.

I always say you can only go forward and not go back. What's coming next? Probably more playoff games in the near future. When are guys going to start sitting out the last few games of the year, also meaningless mostly. The dam has been opened. More and more players will be doing this, then it'll be bigger bowl games, and 5-10 years from now they be missing the last month of the season.

Buffalo Nickle

We are gonna have to agree to disagree.

Of course he could get hurt in the bowl game. It's a VERY small chance at any rate.

I always say you can only go forward and not go back. What's coming next? Probably more playoff games in the near future. When are guys going to start sitting out the last few games of the year, also meaningless mostly. The dam has been opened. More and more players will be doing this, then it'll be bigger bowl games, and 5-10 years from now they be missing the last month of the season.
    That's the least thing you have to worry about. You have to start worrying that the guys that aren't going pro are going to sit out one of these days. This can't last forever with the amount of money being made now. The players are catching on and just have to get up the nerve.

But if you sign them to a contract, you can put it in the contract that they have to play the bowl game.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

That's the least thing you have to worry about. You have to start worrying that the guys that aren't going pro are going to sit out one of these days. This can't last forever with the amount of money being made now. The players are catching on and just have to get up the nerve.

But if you sign them to a contract, you can put it in the contract that they have to play the bowl game.
    I do think some kind of stipulation will be put in the scholarship about staying the whole year.

First 12345 Last