HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

What's your record betting Wake Forest games the past few seasons?

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Crazy, huh?

But stretching "the past few seasons" back to 1999, I can say that Christmas Day 1999 was my best day ever betting college football. Played Wake as a dog and the under vs. Arizona State. Wake won 23-3. I cleared 10k. Don't tell me Jim Caldwell can't coach!

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

But, yeah, I've never heard of anything like this. Who turned him in? How did this come to light?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

having seen the headline today, i assumed that he just divulged too much about this week's practices and maybe some new stuff WF was working on. thought it was one-time and overreaction - bear in mind from reading just headline.

but this is nuts........ what was his motivation? surprised these other teams accepted it directly or through some strange channels

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

My understanding is that the coaches suspected something was up after the second half of he Louisville game this year. They then found some evidence that led to the announcer. His motivation may be that he wasn't hired to be part of the new staff, but maybe there's more.

I would definitely think this doesnt end here though. The NCAA might be very interested to find out what opponents took advantage.

blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

0-0

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

more info.

louisville had a few plays apparently.... say it didn't affect outcome - and i would tend to agree.

apparently WF has had completely open practices for a long time. not totally sure but sounded like up until right now (or very very recently)..... so if that's true, even if announcer is a-hole and deserves firing the leaked info doesn't seem like that big a deal in terms of being proprietary....... but i will reread the "open practice" comments.

frankly and hypothetically i don't think teams would give many points to have full video/audio of opponents practices. maybe trick plays excluded but still not that big a deal