BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Lane Kiffin To Florida Atlantic

Keeping with the former coaches heading to the sunshine State and Group of 5 teams, Lane Kiffin, the Former HC and current Alabama OC will be the new HC at Florida Atlantic. He will remain with the Tide until their playoff run is over. Like Strong, this is another good move for a former HC who could not cut it in the Power 5 Conferences.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

OMG. He couldn't do better than this

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Boca Raton is a very nice place to live. All kinds of money in that town. Beats the hell out of a lot of alternatives.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i tend to agree with the "can't he do better?" reaction....

BUT,

i think he has alot of baggage and could probably only get Big 5 laggard type job. kansas, purdue, oregon state etc.... and i'd say jobs like cincy, USF, SDSU are better than those. i realize FAU is not near those levels.

celebrity coach makes so much sense for lesser programs...... gets you better players. not the case at Big 5 schools.

i think FIU and FAU have so much potential... and as Big Daddy mentioned, living in miami is nice benefit.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Feels like this is where he goes to die. The scenery is at least a huge plus but he must've really pissed off the wrong people. Good luck coach Kiffin.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

watch lane turn this entire program around

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Florida Atlantic is in the C-USA East Division, which also consist of the following teams:

Western Kentucky, Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee State, Florida International, Charlotte, and Marshall. Kiffin will have his work cut out for him. Recruiting will be key to his success or lack of.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well looking at his roster real fast this Singletary kid had a nice freshman campaign averaging almost 7ypc also gotta think Driskel improves a bit as a QB under Kiffin as well. I'd be worried about MTST right now with that coach/son connection for a few more years. Brohm gone to Purdue helps.

Honestly I think he can improve on FAU pretty quickly if he gets that QB onboard. Time will tell.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Have to give the guy credit for being willing to work his way back up when he could be OC at Alabama or LSU. Recruiting Florida and playing in that conference is pretty much a can't miss if you've got the goods. He is willing to do his time. Major catch for FAU. Hard to see him not winning which probably would not happen with anybody else.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

He can recruit and he knows offenses. The only thing that remains in question is if he has the ability to actually be successful as a HC or will he always be an OC? Orgeron, Strong, and Kiffin all face the same question next season. All have been HC's before and all have failed to keep their last jobs.