sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

What teams got jobbed from a better bowl bid? post here

The best strategy I have ever used for bowl season is to try to understand which teams thought they got jobbed out of a better bowl bid, and have to settle to play the bowl they find themselves in...

So please name a team that thinks they got jobbed, and why. I guarantee this thread with a list of worthy candidates will produce winners if you fade these teams.

Although I don't think they got jobbed, but I know that Michigan is more than capable of winning in the playoff, and they know it as well. But this year was not their year. The conundrum here is that Harbaugh is one of the best coaches out there, and he will keep focus. So I am not so eager to fade Michigan

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I gotta say, the Bowl committee did a bang-up job this year. Almost nobody seemed to get jobbed here. Maybe Kentucky?? I thought maybe Michigan at first glance too.

They also did a good job making sure the smaller bowls had local teams in them to make sure it draws. Sometimes those games are cricket-fests.

Maryland/BC is going to be the Bum Bowl. Two teams that got blown out a lot playing all the way in Detroit. I had to SMH at that one.

I try to go to the Las Vegas Bowl every year, but don't seem to have the enthusiasm this time. SDSU has no fan base, and I don't see Houston showing up too big either. Maybe I'll go just to watch Pumphrey play.

Anyway, they nailed it for the most part. A few throw-away bowls like that one in Detroit, but can't complain much.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Two loss teams that did not make it really have no complaints. That includes Michigan, Penn State, and Oklahoma. All four teams in the playoffs have one loss, except undefeated Alabama. The way these bowls are set up, it is pretty obvious that your record determines where you play, and I do not see any huge issue here. Maybe Temple at 10-3 was looking for a better bowl, but where would they go? Las Vegas? Birmingham? Miami to play Central Michigan? For teams in the "Group of 5" Conferences, there is not much choice.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

the more i think about it and see the situation for what it is, i think the committee was pretty much spot on. you could argue some cases but their decisions make sense

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Bama, should be up for Super Bowl.