phil_abuster
    phil_abuster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

ncaa Dec2-3 Championship Week

bobcats vs mustangs

first off,w/ a neutral site game under a dome at ford field, the fans from kalamazoo only have about a 2 hr drive each way. the fans from athens, ohio face a 4.5 hr drive each direction and this makes me think that on distances alone there should be twice as many mustang supporters at this neutral site. the undefeated season is likely to draw a even more mustang supporters, while the bobcats r at this time the same 8-4 they were last yr and thus not on the verge of making history like the mustangs r.

last year these teams met in ohio.
    eventually ohio went on to a respectable 8-4 regular season and the mustangs were not far behind at 7-5 in their regular season.
    the bobcats entered that oct 17 game w/ a solid 5-1 record and were favored -3.5 pts over the visiting mustangs who had a 2-3 losing record at the time.
    mustangs, playing a true ROAD game, blew out the bobcats 49-14

this yr
    the bobcats r the same 8-4 they finished the regular season last yr, so we can make a case that they r roughly the same, w/ little improvement overall.
    but clearly the 12-0 mustangs r vastly better than last yr (7-5) - when they handed the bobcats a 49-14 beatdown on the road.

tonight the mustangs r deserving to be heavy favs but 17 points is a lot to cover in a championship game. i dunno if they cover, but feel confident enough that they win outright to lay a sizable amount (high risk) on the mustangs ML. moneyline bets r especially risky for 3 common reasons: 1/ they just have a bad day and the opp plays over its head, 2/ they play well enough to win but for untimely turnovers to cost them the game, 3/ key injuries, especially knocking a star player or two out. of course these 3 things could just as likely happen to the other team. but assuming all is equal in this regard, mustangs should win by 14-17 tonite and continue their pursuit of a historical undefeated season.
    bobcats qc windham is mobile but playing on a sore ankle

if u have the mustangs ATS or su, i am pulling for U to win!

phil_abuster

midshipmen -1.5
    no idea why this line is falling. both teams battling some injuries, but likely they all suit up. owl qb could b limping though and one of his go to wr is Q. otherwise equal matchup but i think the midshipmen r being undervalued by the line. navy has played 6 equivalent opps and won 4! the 2 losses on the road and this is a home game. temple has only faced 2 equivalent opps, going 1-1, and that loss was on the road by 7. they r on the road again.

cowboys +12
    its likely the sooners win at home here. but against a quality opp - one who is seeking revenge from last yrs blowout loss - i think 12 pts is too much in a championship game, when really it would come as no surprise if the cowboys stole a win! i grabbed the undervalued cowboys but expect sooners to win a close one.

trojans -6.5
    this is the 9-2 team nobody has heard of.....and theyre playing a lightweight

phil_abuster

Quote Originally Posted by phil_abuster View Post
    midshipmen -1.5
    no idea why this line is falling. both teams battling some injuries, but likely they all suit up. owl qb could b limping though and one of his go to wr is Q. otherwise equal matchup but i think the midshipmen r being undervalued by the line. navy has played 6 equivalent opps and won 4! the 2 losses on the road and this is a home game. temple has only faced 2 equivalent opps, going 1-1, and that loss was on the road by 7. they r on the road again.

cowboys +12
    its likely the sooners win at home here. but against a quality opp - one who is seeking revenge from last yrs blowout loss - i think 12 pts is too much in a championship game, when really it would come as no surprise if the cowboys stole a win! i grabbed the undervalued cowboys but expect sooners to win a close one.

trojans -6.5
    this is the 9-2 team nobody has heard of.....and theyre playing a lightweight
    looks like 3 early game losses
    adding:
    vandals -5.5
    cowboys +5.5

i am also expecting bama to win, and i am probably done for the yr if they lose, by fluke upset to a weaker and banged up team.