BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Michigan State-Penn State Problem

When Penn State takes the field against Michigan State, they will be playing for a shot at the Big 10 Championship, or will they. Here is the problem taking Penn State and giving the 12-13 points. Penn State may NOT be playing for anything. Their game against Michigan State starts at 3:30 EST. Michigan and Ohio State kick off at 12:00 EST. If Michigan has a big lead in the 4th quarter of that game, Penn State will know it and also know that their chances of going to the Big 10 CC game are gone. If, on the other hand, Ohio State is in control of that game, then Penn State knows it is playing for a shot at the Big 10 title. If the Michigan-Ohio State game is close, it probably will end BEFORE the end of the 1st quarter of the Michigan State-Penn State game nd Penn State will know exactly where they stand.

Because of the time difference of these games, I am not going to wager on the Michigan State-Penn State game at all. Players are emotional and the Lion players could be on an emotional roller coaster. That will affect the way they will play. I am not going to try and out guess these two games.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    When Penn State takes the field against Michigan State, they will be playing for a shot at the Big 10 Championship, or will they. Here is the problem taking Penn State and giving the 12-13 points. Penn State may NOT be playing for anything. Their game against Michigan State starts at 3:30 EST. Michigan and Ohio State kick off at 12:00 EST. If Michigan has a big lead in the 4th quarter of that game, Penn State will know it and also know that their chances of going to the Big 10 CC game are gone. If, on the other hand, Ohio State is in control of that game, then Penn State knows it is playing for a shot at the Big 10 title. If the Michigan-Ohio State game is close, it probably will end BEFORE the end of the 1st quarter of the Michigan State-Penn State game nd Penn State will know exactly where they stand.

Because of the time difference of these games, I am not going to wager on the Michigan State-Penn State game at all. Players are emotional and the Lion players could be on an emotional roller coaster. That will affect the way they will play. I am not going to try and out guess these two games.
    If you had any background as a player or a coach you would know that Penn St purposely will have no idea how the other game is going. That's not the way it works. Penn St has one focus only, Mich St. No team of any sport would follow a game before they play. It messes with the plan. If you ever played a sport you would know that. You can't play with emotions like that. You go in totally focused on your game and what your assignments are. I am not saying Penn St will win or cover.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Maggie, it's 2016. The players cannot be sequestered. They will know what's going on in Columbus.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Maggie, it's 2016. The players cannot be sequestered. They will know what's going on in Columbus.
    Yes they can. Now I'm sure if someone actively gave effort to find out the score, they could, but I doubt any would.

The thread is nonsense anyway. PSU will still be playing for a NY6 bowl. If bbq knew his ass from his elbow, he'd know how massive that is to this team.

Franklin has Lavar bringing in a shit ton of letterman. Everywhere I read there's people saying this will be their first game in years. It's going to be fuggin yuge.

Club seats like a boss.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

$64.00 for seats? You have to be kidding me. Just how poor are people in PA? That gets you parking at the USC game against Notre Dame. And if you are really stupid enough to believe that the players will NOT know the score, then you have no business posting in here. You do not think that some fan will not tell them? You do not think that fans will be screaming about winning the Big 10 East if Michigan loses to Ohio State? Grow up. You Penn State fans must know that Penn State has never did real well in the Big 10 and now we know why.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

After the Florida/LSU game, I immediately turned over to UT/Missouri. CBS was showing fans checking their phones...they may have announced the score...but it was obvious the air got let out of that place. They were dejected. Missouri hung around and put up over 700 yards of offense, but mostly because Missouri is dog shit bad, UT kept it together in the 2nd half to pull away.

The outcome of Michigan Ohio St will affect the atmosphere and maybe players some...but it's impossible to know what degree. There's an equal chance that Michigan State has mailed it in after last week

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    Yes they can. Now I'm sure if someone actively gave effort to find out the score, they could, but I doubt any would.
    Do you know how many people are on the sidelines? State troopers, trainers, ushers/security personnel, recruits, doctors, cheerleaders, photographers, sideline reporters, etc.? Do you know how many people will be talking to those people from the stands? Do you not realize that, if no one else does, the Michigan State players will let the Penn State players know that things are going the wrong way in the other game?

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

In this day and age, it would be quite difficult to not know how other games are going.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

What about that Tennessee game.
    They fhking showed the Florida game
    Score... people in th fans were about to cry everyone was on their phone texting

Atleast they covered the -17

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

There are other reasons to play PSU besides just the Big 10 title game. There's revenge for what happened last year and you have to factor in the letdown factor for the Spartans after a tough home loss last week. This could get ugly in Happy Valley.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Penn State has plenty to play for regardless of the Michigan result. What if Clemson loses to VT? What if Washington loses the Pac 12 title game? They both would be out. Penn State can still get in with 2 losses if they beat MSU and beat Wisconsin. Not likely any of that happens, but you never know.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    If you had any background as a player or a coach you would know that Penn St purposely will have no idea how the other game is going. That's not the way it works .
    LOL. The score was announced over the PA system at the stadium.