indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Where does ESPN find these clowns?

Halftime at the Ohio vs Central Michigan game, and they go to the studio hosts who give their little speech about the first half. I don't know who exactly said this (I'm assuming he's a former player because he's a really big guy), but whoever it was goes on a rant about how "This is Ohio's last regular season game this season, and they need this win to clinch the MAC East. Do they really want to have to count on Ball St. to beat Miami, which is what they'll need to happen if they lose this game. I thought they'd play a lot harder than this"

In reality, this is not Ohio's last regular season game of the year, as they play Akron at home next week (on ESPN U in fact). And as long as they beat Akron next week, it won't matter if they lose tonight, and it won't matter what happens in the Ball St vs Miami game next week, since Ohio has already beaten Miami(OH) head to head, and owns the only tiebreaker that could come into play. One could attain this nugget of information simply by looking at their schedule and the standings. I don't know how this genius came up with his erroneous synopsis, but considering he had at least 5 minutes to prepare his little speech, I find the fact that A. He spouts incorrect information and B. NOBODY bothers to correct it in the following 15 minutes is just an embarrassment for highly paid professionals.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 849

Amazing and agree 100%. ESPN is terrible.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Too many former players getting these jobs over more qualified communications majors

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Did you ever listen to mack brown call a game? You will need to mute the volume

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

highly paid

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Halftime at the Ohio vs Central Michigan game, and they go to the studio hosts who give their little speech about the first half. I don't know who exactly said this (I'm assuming he's a former player because he's a really big guy), but whoever it was goes on a rant about how "This is Ohio's last regular season game this season, and they need this win to clinch the MAC East. Do they really want to have to count on Ball St. to beat Miami, which is what they'll need to happen if they lose this game. I thought they'd play a lot harder than this"

In reality, this is not Ohio's last regular season game of the year, as they play Akron at home next week (on ESPN U in fact). And as long as they beat Akron next week, it won't matter if they lose tonight, and it won't matter what happens in the Ball St vs Miami game next week, since Ohio has already beaten Miami(OH) head to head, and owns the only tiebreaker that could come into play. One could attain this nugget of information simply by looking at their schedule and the standings. I don't know how this genius came up with his erroneous synopsis, but considering he had at least 5 minutes to prepare his little speech, I find the fact that A. He spouts incorrect information and B. NOBODY bothers to correct it in the following 15 minutes is just an embarrassment for highly paid professionals.
    I like to listen to them before the game to find out which team they are pumping up and then fade them.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The problem is that there is so many of these trash games being televised that they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find these clowns.

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    I like to listen to them before the game to find out which team they are pumping up and then fade them.

those guys are what we call squares