thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    And PENN STATE could win Big Ten if Ohio State beats Michigan.
    You also have the nice caveat that Clemson has to be ahead of Louisville if they both win out. That would make Clemson Acc champion.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    No it doesn't. They're better off not going to their conference title game. That's how idiotic this 4 team playoff system is. Think about it. If they beat Michigan, they're a 1 loss team and as always, the committee darling. They would have nothing to gain by risking losing to Wisconsin in a Big Ten title game. Is this committee going to put a one loss Clemson, one loss Louisville, one loss Washington (they have 2 tough games to win Pac-12) and a 2 loss Wisconsin conference champ ahead of them? What if 2 loss Penn State wins the Big Ten with a win over Ohio State in hand?

I hope that happens just so everyone can see how utterly stupid a 4 team playoff is, where a team has an advantage if they don't play for their own conference title.
    Yor really can't justify putting Ohio State in ahead of Big Ten Champ (Penn State vs. Wisconsin) if it comes to that. Kind of get the sense that would mean either take two Big Ten team or (oh the horrors) none!

LT Profits

Yor really can't justify putting Ohio State in ahead of Big Ten Champ (Penn State vs. Wisconsin) if it comes to that. Kind of get the sense that would mean either take two Big Ten team or (oh the horrors) none!
    With this said, I do think Wisconsin is legit and would have no problem with them getting in with win over Penn State. On other hand, Penn State is nowhere near one of top 4 teams in country and them winning it would truly cause chaos.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

This year, if a 1 loss non conference champion gets in, it will be ohio state. So, could it be:

alabama
    ohio state
    clemson
    wisconsin

i have washington losing again. Can a 2 loss oklahoma get back in or a 1 loss west virginia sneak in? I think louisville is a top 4 team but if a non conference champion gets in, it will be the buckeyes and i don't see the committee only taking 2 conference champions.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    This year, if a 1 loss non conference champion gets in, it will be ohio state. So, could it be:

alabama
    ohio state
    clemson
    wisconsin

i have washington losing again. Can a 2 loss oklahoma get back in or a 1 loss west virginia sneak in? I think louisville is a top 4 team but if a non conference champion gets in, it will be the buckeyes and i don't see the committee only taking 2 conference champions.
    But what if Penn State beats Wisconsin? Does Penn State replace Wiscy or do you take no Big Ten teams? Quite the conundrum this!

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

But what if Penn State beats Wisconsin? Does Penn State replace Wiscy or do you take no Big Ten teams? Quite the conundrum this!
    I think penn state gets in. I think this is all a cash grab anyways and i think penn state will attract viewers even if they will get crushed by alabama.

First 12