Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Louisville sure are overachievers in sports.

I went to fukkin UGA and have to sit out almost all of NCABB and this year NCAAF

Kid how does it feel to be winners august-april??
    It's been a nice run last few years for sure

jurich is such a good ad , don't forget about baseball either

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

No offense LK, but what exactly has Louisville football done?

They lost 5 games LY, they lost 4 games in 2014.

The best they can say is they lost a close game to Clemson.

That's it.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Thought the Florida win in sugar bowl was big, a&m win vs another sec school, gonna win our first heismen (maybe multiple) and in middle of playoff chase now

not a lot o guess but on rise

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Thought the Florida win in sugar bowl was big, a&m win vs another sec school, gonna win our first heismen (maybe multiple) and in middle of playoff chase now

not a lot o guess but on rise
    Oh, don't get me wrong I would love to see Louisville get in, but I'm just not sure it's going to happen.

deuceswild
    deuceswild's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I can tell you graduating from TX , Strong has put out as many pros as anyone while at Louisville. Not the most fertile recruiting ground.
    Now you may be witnessing the most freakish athlete to ever get behind center so enjoy. Looks better than Vick did.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

If Washington loses one game, they are out. If they win out they are in and there is no need for a committee, it would be Washington, Alabama, Clemson and Michigan/Ohio State winner. Pretty clear cut.

Now, if Washington loses a game, Louisville would still not be guaranteed a spot, it would be between them and Michigan/Ohio State loser (assuming neither of those teams lose a game before that matchup). That would put UM/OSU loser in same boat as Louisville, second in own division locked out of conference championship game.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    If Washington loses one game, they are out. If they win out they are in and there is no need for a committee, it would be Washington, Alabama, Clemson and Michigan/Ohio State winner. Pretty clear cut.

Now, if Washington loses a game, Louisville would still not be guaranteed a spot, it would be between them and Michigan/Ohio State loser (assuming neither of those teams lose a game before that matchup). That would put UM/OSU loser in same boat as Louisville, second in own division locked out of conference championship game.
    On second thought, only Louisville obstacle would be Michigan if only loss is Ohio State. If Michigan wins, then you'd have to assume Louisville gets in over two-loss Ohio State.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

might come down to fsu-florida game to decide if lville gets in

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    might come down to fsu-florida game to decide if lville gets in
    Na, neither of those teams are Playoff factors unless Florida somehow wins SEC Championship.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Na, neither of those teams are Playoff factors unless Florida somehow wins SEC Championship.
    if fsu loses, lvilles quality win against fsu wont mean much of anything

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I think he's saying if FSU loses again, it would mean UL has no good wins

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Essentially for UL to get to the playoff, Washington has to lose once and Michigan/OSU has to finish with 2 losses

deuceswild
    deuceswild's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

How is this a topic when Washington is gonna go Mortal Combat on USC ??..

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Fivethirtyeight only gives Washington a 33% chance of running the table.. I think they do, but models don't agree.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Louisville is a solid program but not a perennial National Title Contender. The ACC Atlantic is not an easy division. Two years from now they open with Alabama. They're basically Virginia Tech with Michael Vick. They have a two year window right now

as for getting in this year...I stand by what I've said in other threads with them needing Clemson to win the ACC and a team like Wisconsin, Tennessee/UF, Washington State or Utah to win their conference. Washington losing alone may not cut it if Michigan has one close loss to Ohio State. So a Michigan BIG title and a Washington loss might do it
    Last edited by daneblazer; 11-11-16 at 06:10 PM.

Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5264

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Six teams. 5 champs. one wildcard. If you're not one of 6 best teams u don't get a chance. 8th best team never wins anyway like ncaab. First two seeds get a bye. The others play to enter final four. only adds one extra week which is doable.
    This.

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Conference Champs should not have an automatic bid ya hunks

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by JTrain View Post
    Conference Champs should not have an automatic bid ya hunks
    I agree.. for the basketball tournament, sure, there are 64.. 65.. 68 or something like that teams that make it so why not. It's about half the field. Giving out 5 automatic bids to the five major conference champions, so 63% of the field for an 8 team playoff, is way too large of a portion.

Hell, the MWC routinely performs at or better than the level of the bottom 1 or 2 major 5 conferences. If they aren't going to get an auto bid then no one should. Even this year, per the RPI, Conference USA 2.0 (aka the AAC) is decent with 5 teams in the top 39 while the Big XII only has 4.

Best 8 teams make it, I'd prefer they use a computer model (like the *gasp* BCS) since these old fuks can't be trusted to put out a legit playoff ranking (TAMU at #4, really?)
    Last edited by astro61200; 11-12-16 at 12:09 AM.

First 12