Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Stanford Bad Beat Victims Check In.

Ouch. The cover was within reach most of the 2nd half, and had the cover at one point up 23-7, but McCaffrey gets stuffed from the half yard line on 4th and goal late in the game and pretty much seals the loss for Stanford backers. This game reminded me of why I hate David Shaw... no creativity in the playcalling department whatsoever. Even on that fourth down play it was obvious the entire defense was pinched towards the middle to stop a straight ahead run, and yet, Shaw runs it straight into the teeth of the defense anyways. Then the Cardinal get the ball back in another goal to go situation but take knees to dry up the clock.

bigrich
    bigrich's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3490

Yep. Terrible

MillerHighLife
    MillerHighLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Was at game. McCaffrey clearly gets the football over the goalline but call on field was he was stopped short. The refs continue to not want to go against the call on the field as to not show up the ref who missed the call. This one was clear and in the stadium they just kept showing it over and over again on the big screen...clearly ball broke the plane and was a TD. Still, Shaw's conservative play calling is mind numbing. Stanford should've won the game by 30+ points easy. OSU was getting manhandled in the trenches.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Makes me want to bet Oregon this week. Their spread offense will give the Cardinal problems, and although Oregon's defense is terrible, they are at home, and Shaw's conservative style won't allow them to take full advantage of that terrible defense, as evidenced by the last game and pretty much every other Stanford game.