phil_abuster
    phil_abuster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

NCAA week 9 (oct 29)

15-10 last week,
    but only 4-9-1 the week before

for saturday:

yellowjackets -6.5 __undervalued here! much higher rated than duke! revenge match too!

eagles -7 __homies undervalued here too! at 5-3 they arent good certainly but not doormats either. last year they were doormats and lost by 15 to the redhawks. so this is a revenge match because the eagles r most certainly improved and definitely rate much higher than the doormat redhawks. redhawks coming off a couple wins, but against bottom dwellers, with dead even game stats vs each opp, but needing the benefit of turnovers to win each. meanwhile eagles coming off a loss to w. michigan - playing them very tough - putting up 471 yds offense - despite -1 net turnovers - on the road - at a ranked team! this revenge scenario just screams rebound at home w/ a beat-down on a weaker opponent
    Last edited by phil_abuster; 10-28-16 at 07:31 PM. Reason: cosmetic

phil_abuster

Quote Originally Posted by phil_abuster View Post
    15-10 last week,
    but only 4-9-1 the week before

for saturday:

yellowjackets -6.5 __undervalued here! much higher rated than duke! revenge match too!

eagles -7 __homies undervalued here too! at 5-3 they arent good certainly but not doormats either. last year they were doormats and lost by 15 to the redhawks. so this is a revenge match because the eagles r most certainly improved and definitely rate much higher than the doormat redhawks. redhawks coming off a couple wins, but against bottom dwellers, with dead even game stats vs each opp, but needing the benefit of turnovers to win each. meanwhile eagles coming off a loss to w. michigan - playing them very tough - putting up 471 yds offense - despite -1 net turnovers - on the road - at a ranked team! this revenge scenario just screams rebound at home w/ a beat-down on a weaker opponent
    adding:
    notredame PK* __woulda grabbed +2 but waiting on injury updates; it appears hurricanes defense is hurtin esp. on the D-line! this should give kizer extra time to find receivers and an easier go running the ball (finally) although who knows - the canes backups could step up bigtime. or not! still, playing at home in what i consider a MUST WIN scenario or kiss a bowl game goodbye, the chance of favorable results in the trenches is likely to the irish here. and that makes all the diff. irish have lost 5 thus far, yes, but look at the schedule/results -- all 5 by just a single possession, and bad luck playing a role against them. i have the 'canes rated higher but take away their 2 easy wins over cupcakes and they r just 2-3. and this is a road game, w/ D-line issues, against a desperate opp. i see the "luck of the irish" as overdue for a breakthru win against a decent opp and i would b saying the same for at least a cover as a dog even if canes werent hurtin defensively

deacons -6.5* __actually i expected a line of -9.5, so when i saw -7 i circled it and waited. good value here imo on a home team (5-2) playing a significantly weaker opponent (4-3). wake has lost their only 2 games to very good opps - both on the road - and playing FSU tough last game! but they have won 3 against opps about equal to themselves and all r rated higher than army! meanwhile in their most recent 4 games army lost at weakling buffalo, lost at duke by 7 (remember wake thumped duke by 10 on the road!), then army beatup on a cupcake as expected, but wet-the-bed w/ an embarassing 17 pt loss AT HOME to another weakling last week! deacons have also had an extra week to rest, heal, and prepare for army. no significant injuries. barring bad luck im expecting a rout.

phil_abuster

for saturday:

adding:
    notredame PK* __woulda grabbed +2 but waiting on injury updates; it appears hurricanes defense is hurtin esp. on the D-line! this should give kizer extra time to find receivers and an easier go running the ball (finally) although who knows - the canes backups could step up bigtime. or not! still, playing at home in what i consider a MUST WIN scenario or kiss a bowl game goodbye, the chance of favorable results in the trenches is likely to the irish here. and that makes all the diff. irish have lost 5 thus far, yes, but look at the schedule/results -- all 5 by just a single possession, and bad luck playing a role against them. i have the 'canes rated higher but take away their 2 easy wins over cupcakes and they r just 2-3. and this is a road game, w/ D-line issues, against a desperate opp. i see the "luck of the irish" as overdue for a breakthru win against a decent opp and i would b saying the same for at least a cover as a dog even if canes werent hurtin defensively

deacons -6.5* __actually i expected a line of -9.5, so when i saw -7 i circled it and waited. good value here imo on a home team (5-2) playing a significantly weaker opponent (4-3). wake has lost their only 2 games to very good opps - both on the road - and playing FSU tough last game! but they have won 3 against opps about equal to themselves and all r rated higher than army! meanwhile in their most recent 4 games army lost at weakling buffalo, lost at duke by 7 (remember wake thumped duke by 10 on the road!), then army beatup on a cupcake as expected, but wet-the-bed w/ an embarassing 17 pt loss AT HOME to another weakling last week! deacons have also had an extra week to rest, heal, and prepare for army. no significant injuries. barring bad luck im expecting a rout.
    adding:
    utes +10.5* __ waited and got the all important hook. while i have the huskies (7-0) rated higher than utah (7-1) its not by much! utes have defeated competitive teams at rice-eccles (byu and usc) as well as defeating ucla on the road last week. yes, huskies r slightly better than those squads too, but utes dont need to win this game for me to get a +10.5 cover - just keep it close - although i think this game is definitiely in a group of plausible upsets! the only GOOD team washington has faced this year (of near the calibre of utah) is stanford (4-3) - which although it was a blowout win - it was at husky stadium, not on the road. all their other opps were significantly weaker with each having only 2 wins on the season, except mighty idaho (4-4). they came dangerously close to losing at 2-5 arizona - needing OT to escape! so one could say the huskies r largely untested, and not at all on the road. utah is a formidable foe at a hostile venue. huskies may even lose outright, but i do expect at least a utes cover at +10.5
    Last edited by phil_abuster; 10-29-16 at 10:53 AM. Reason: cosmetic

phil_abuster

unbelievable
    once highly touted houston now getting blown again - 21-3 at home at halftime by mediocre UCF
    this after being blown last week by 22 pts at lowly smu (2-4 then)!!

luckily they have tulane on the sched cuz if they lose today they will not upset louisville at home or memphis on the road. they will need a home win vs tulane just to finish 7-5 and qualify for a low-level bowl

embarrassment

phil_abuster

oy
    yellowjackets sprint out to a 28-7 lead at halftime
    then
    weaker opponent duke outscores them 28-3 in 3rdQ and part of 4th (w/ just 8 mins left)

phil_abuster

for saturday:

adding:

adding:
    utes +10.5* __ waited and got the all important hook. while i have the huskies (7-0) rated higher than utah (7-1) its not by much! utes have defeated competitive teams at rice-eccles (byu and usc) as well as defeating ucla on the road last week. yes, huskies r slightly better than those squads too, but utes dont need to win this game for me to get a +10.5 cover - just keep it close - although i think this game is definitiely in a group of plausible upsets! the only GOOD team washington has faced this year (of near the calibre of utah) is stanford (4-3) - which although it was a blowout win - it was at husky stadium, not on the road. all their other opps were significantly weaker with each having only 2 wins on the season, except mighty idaho (4-4). they came dangerously close to losing at 2-5 arizona - needing OT to escape! so one could say the huskies r largely untested, and not at all on the road. utah is a formidable foe at a hostile venue. huskies may even lose outright, but i do expect at least a utes cover at +10.5
    adding:
    2nd half deacons -4
    2nd half eagles -4.5+100

phil_abuster

for saturday:

adding:

adding:

adding:
    2nd half deacons -4
    2nd half eagles -4.5+100
    adding:
    ole'miss +4.5 __i like decent teams in close calls when they get free pts at home

phil_abuster

adding:

adding:

adding:
    2nd half deacons -4
    2nd half eagles -4.5+100

adding:
    ole'miss +4.5 __i like decent teams in close calls when they get free pts at home
    2nd half longhornies +3 -115 __ the play has been dead even so i like the homies to win it

phil_abuster

sunnuva-%itch
    0-5 already with both my irish bet and 2h texas threatening to lose as well

phil_abuster

Quote Originally Posted by phil_abuster View Post
    sunnuva-%itch
    0-5 already with both my irish bet and 2h texas threatening to lose as well

2nd half oregon -3.5

phil_abuster

wow
    blueraiders lead 21-7 after only 6 minutes in the first Q !

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Good luck to you Phil....it will turn for you.

ND and Texas cashed for you.

phil_abuster

adding:
    seminoles +4.5

phil_abuster

adding:
    hawaii -2.5